PS4 Game crashes when trying to download worlds from cloud saves

Moon-lord

Terrarian
I lost one of my main worlds to another one of the many glitches that are terrorizing us poor players, luckily I saved this world to the cloud, I thought to myself, it’s alright, I can just get it back from the cloud, I press the download but on the select world screen and waited there. Suddenly the game freezes, and then crashes :(. I’ve had this problem EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I have tried this about 50 times, like actually fifty times hoping that it will work, but it only freezes and crashes again. Pleaaaaase try to fix this bug soon cuz I really don’t want to lose any more of my worlds and not be able to get them back, it already crashes enough due to other bugs. I can’t even make any new characters to start a new survival. I’m shocked that bugs like these even get past certification.

I lost one of my main worlds to another one of the many glitches that are terrorizing us poor players, luckily I saved this world to the cloud, I thought to myself, it’s alright, I can just get it back from the cloud, I press the download but on the select world screen and waited there. Suddenly the game freezes, and then crashes :(. I’ve had this problem EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I have tried this about 50 times, like actually fifty times hoping that it will work, but it only freezes and crashes again. Pleaaaaase try to fix this bug soon cuz I really don’t want to lose any more of my worlds and not be able to get them back, it already crashes enough due to other bugs. I can’t even make any new characters to start a new survival. I’m shocked that bugs like these even get past certification.
Hi @Moon-lord, thanks for sharing this info. It is disappointing when it crashes instead of working, I understand. In order to get these info to Pipeworks so that they can investigate the issue as quickly as possible, please send as much detail as possible through this form: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

The more detail you include could help them pinpoint where the issue may be.

Hi @Moon-lord, thanks for sharing this info. It is disappointing when it crashes instead of working, I understand. In order to get these info to Pipeworks so that they can investigate the issue as quickly as possible, please send as much detail as possible through this form: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

The more detail you include could help them pinpoint where the issue may be.
Alright I will, thank you. Any idea about how long these hot fixes could take? Any guess would be gladly taken because I need any bit of info at this point.

Alright I will, thank you. Any idea about how long these hot fixes could take? Any guess would be gladly taken because I need any bit of info at this point.
Any timeframe I - or anyone else right now - would give you is just a guess. Just remember that the holidays are coming and companies do take breaks. :) But the more details you send may end up being the one piece of info they need to hunt down the issue.

Any timeframe I - or anyone else right now - would give you is just a guess. Just remember that the holidays are coming and companies do take breaks. :) But the more details you send may end up being the one piece of info they need to hunt down the issue.
Alright, thank you for your help and concern :) hopefully it gets fixed very soon, for now I’ll just enjoy a new world while I wait.

Is it possible that worlds created on a PS3 are causing an issue? I am having the same problem and half my worlds are from my PS3 days. My son's had their accounts converted without any issues and they had PS4 worlds only.

Is it possible that worlds created on a PS3 are causing an issue? I am having the same problem and half my worlds are from my PS3 days. My son's had their accounts converted without any issues and they had PS4 worlds only.
Actually that sounds like a pretty reasonable explanation, the world I lost was made on PS3, And all my cloud data saves are from PS3 because I took a long break from terraria and eventually moved on to PS4 while waiting for new update, so I haven’t done anything on terraria until this recent update.

Actually that sounds like a pretty reasonable explanation, the world I lost was made on PS3, And all my cloud data saves are from PS3 because I took a long break from terraria and eventually moved on to PS4 while waiting for new update, so I haven’t done anything on terraria until this recent update.
It sounds like you guys might be on a possible right track. It’s details like that that can help Pipeworks pinpoint where the problem is starting.

That also happened to me, and my world was created in the PS4. I lost my main world, and this world was saved to the cloud. When I try to download it from the cloud, the game crashes.

Does it matter because of the online storage because I believe only playstation plus members get that exclusively so it could’ve messed up with the cloud storage?
I am not sure, but Pipeworks is looking into it.

Right when the 1.3 console update came out and i had to convert my worlds, one kept crashing each time i loaded it up. So, i deleted it thinking that i had to start a new one. Few weeks later, the update came out that fixed the legacy world crash glitch. So i went to the cloud menu to get my world back and each time i try to get in the menu my game crashes.

Well with the in-game cloud you can't upload anymore but should be able to download from ps3 and from ps4 before the upload option was removed! But I've read there is a bug if there are signs or tombstones, maybe even chests named with special characters or something else that is causing the download crash and you won't be able to download till there is patch, I also can't download but think I've got most of the main worlds I've had even ones from the PS3.

No, I'm not
[doublepost=1513720887,1513720626][/doublepost]I think it doesn't matter if you have PS plus because before the update I could save my worlds to the cloud
Well now it does if you don't have PS+ you'll need USB Drives and i wouldn't only rely on only 1 USB or only PS+ either, you won't' always be able to upload or download from PS+ either

Last edited:
Hopefully they fix it soon because if i cant get my world back thats thousands of platinum down the drain, as well as literally every single bit of progress i had in the game except what was in my bank, safe, and on my character.

Back
Top Bottom