Items Option to Disable Ranged Zooming and/or Fix Its Current Issues

How should this be fixed?

• Option to disable.

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Option to disable, and fix NPC screen jerking.

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Just fix NPC screen jerking.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Patches

Terrarian
When using the sniper rifle or any gun with one of the two scope accessories, the sniper scope potentially being the best ranged damage accessory in the game, it can become very difficult to try and interact with NPCs. Sometimes you just aren't able to because the screen moves off the NPC when you try and interact with them. I've attached a gif showing what I mean. Given how opening chests will prevent the screen from moving, it looks like this is more of an oversight than anything. Giving the option to disable ranged zooming would be a nice QoL improvement to add in 1.4, but the problem could also be solved by stopping the screen from shifting when you right click with your cursor starting over the NPC. Given how you may not want the zooming all together, but still want the Sniper Scope for it's stat boost, it would still be nice to have an option to disable implemented as well.

Capgif.gif

I'd also like an option to disable it all-together, just because it affects enemy spawns and can break combat farms.

I'm disappointed Relogic never fixed this, it makes playing as a ranger borderline unplayable, or at least you have to give up on the damage bonus.

I feel like you could just use a Destroyer emblem and have the 10% increased minion damage make up for the 2% ranged crit chance loss. There's no penalty at all for using a minion alongside your ranged weapon so it does help with that.

Ok, it may be annoying, but having to switch one slot to the left or right of your gun to interact with NPCs does not make the game "borderline unplayable" as you say.
Not only that, but having an accessory that only becomes available in the boss-rush that is post golem doesn't even touch how playable a class is overall.

Back
Top Bottom