NPCs & Enemies "Death Rider" post-Plantera dungeon boss (optional)

Do you feel that the boss can be added?

• Yeah, Re-LOGIC should add it.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No, I don't feel that RE-LOGIC can add this as a boss..

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Change the stats.

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
Hello there.
I had to suggest the Death Rider as a boss, because the Dungeon has no HARDMODE bosses but the Lunatic Cultist (who spawns in the entrance, after Golem is defeated), and I had to fill the gap with a stronger boss that can be fought Post-Plantera.

Death Rider:
(Sprites aren't done, it will appear as a skeleton wearing the Paladin's Breastplate and Leggings except coloured black/violet, has a horned skull similar to Phantom Ganon from Ocarina of Time, rides a black-armoured skeletal horse, and holds a trident).
Health: 25000 (33000 in Expert Mode).
Damage: 50 (100 in Expert Mode), in his Second Phase he deals 66 damage (132 in expert).
Defence: 54.
Immune to: Poison/Venom, Cursed Inferno/Shadowflame.
Inflicts: Shadowflame (from the Demon scythes he fires).
Attacks: Swings his Trident in a style similar to the Player swinging a spear (50 damage), Firing projectiles similar to a the Red Devil's Trident (60 damage), clone summoning in his Second Form (up to 2 clones help the boss, targetting the real one causes them to disappear, if you hit the wrong one a demon's scythe appears, but it deals 1.5x damage).
Drops: Polearm of Darkness (always)*, Skullblaster (always)*, Spirit staff (Always)*, The Tricranium (always)* 10 Gold coins (100%), his own Mask (14%), his trophy (10%), EXPERT DROP: his Bag (100%, contains his loot, and the "Death Saddle").
Summon: if you obtain 10 ectoplasm, complete with 10 Iron Bars and 10 Bones, at a Crystal Ball, you can craft the "Knight Puppet" that summons him (only when used in the Dungeon).
*Indicates that the item is in the loot table, so the boss always one of the four items.
Loot:
Polearm of Darkness:
-Does 55 Melee damage.
-Fires a violet beam shaped like a Trident
-Very fast use time.
-Contains 5% critical chance.
-The weapon, when used, has 5.6 Velocity (just like the Tonbogiri).
-Yellow rarity.

Skullblaster:
-Does 40 Ranged damage
-Fires a skull similar to the one fired from the Book of Skulls, alongside bullets in a 25% chance
-Fast use time.
-Has 10% chance of not wasting bullets.
-Yellow rarity.

The TriCranium (appears as a purple book with a horned skull):
-Deals 55 Magic damage.
-Consumes 15 mana.
-Fires 3 shadowflame skulls.
-Fast speed.
-Yellow rarity.

Spirit Staff:
-Deals 38 Summoner Damage.
-Summons a Dungeon Spirit.
-Consumes 10 Mana.
-Yellow rarity.

Death Saddle:
-Rainbow rarity.
-Summons the Armoured Nightmare.
-the aforementioned mount has a speed of 50-75mph (the Unicorn is faster though).
-it also has the ability to deal 100 summoner dmg when you charge.
-it also negates fall damage, completely.

Give your thoughts feedback.​

Last edited:
not just whether the dungeon already have bosses or not, but...
I feel it a bit lacking if it only drops a single (presumably malee) weapon and some money. pretty much. whatever if it drops a mount in expert mode, if said mount has those stats... you can acquire a blessed apple from the start of hardmode (with lots of luck) and post golem, you can aquire the cosmic car keys...
it probably would feel a bit less lacking if it would offer weapons for every classes. or drops a material you can use to craft the weapon related to your class.

but it doesn't really sounds necessary to be honest... the post-plantera dungeon has plenty of stuff already. where would you even fight the boss to begin with? the inside of the post-plantera dungeon is full of crazy powerful monsters throwing huge fireballs, bouncy spells or hulking hammers at you from each direction, and a bajillion other mobs walking around... and post-golem, the cultists are in the way at the entrance, you would end up accidentally killing them mid-fight, and summon the lunatic cultist to deal with too.

not just whether the dungeon already have bosses or not, but...
I feel it a bit lacking if it only drops a single (presumably malee) weapon and some money. pretty much. whatever if it drops a mount in expert mode, if said mount has those stats... you can acquire a blessed apple from the start of hardmode (with lots of luck) and post golem, you can aquire the cosmic car keys...
it probably would feel a bit less lacking if it would offer weapons for every classes. or drops a material you can use to craft the weapon related to your class.

but it doesn't really sounds necessary to be honest... the post-plantera dungeon has plenty of stuff already. where would you even fight the boss to begin with? the inside of the post-plantera dungeon is full of crazy powerful monsters throwing huge fireballs, bouncy spells or hulking hammers at you from each direction, and a bajillion other mobs walking around... and post-golem, the cultists are in the way at the entrance, you would end up accidentally killing them mid-fight, and summon the lunatic cultist to deal with too.
The boss is optional, so it's not necessary (literally like you said, because I am respecting your opinion) for unlocking any other bosses.

The boss is optional, so it's not necessary (literally like you said, because I am respecting your opinion) for unlocking any other bosses.

many bosses can be considered somewhat optional, but still offer some more stuff. I'm making a bold assumption that lots of players wanna fight all bosses (besides other stuff like building cool stuff and whatnot), but it feels a bit lacking to fight a boss purely for defeating it. sure, not all bosses unlock stuff, but at least most of them drop a wider variety of stuff...

also, again, would you imagine fighting it in the dungeon sorrounded by paladins, diabolists, bone lee, 10 molten legion and 15 blue armored bones, and...? or at the entrance where you have to try to kill this guy while not killing the 4 cultists worshipping that thing? does this boss actually has any connection to the dungeon...?

I don't get why this suggestion is getting so much hate. It's a well-fleshed-out boss idea with balanced stats and drops, and the aesthetic is both cool and something I could see in Terraria. The only thing it's really missing is attack patterns, which admittedly is a problem.

Yeah, it's adding content to an area of the game that already has a lot more content than other, more neglected biomes, but that's not really a reason to disavow a suggestion by itself.

(As a side note, do people really consider the Lunatic Cultist a dungeon boss? He doesn't really have anything to do with the dungeon - he just spawns there because it's one of the few regular structures the game could select for that kind of thing.)

Back
Top Bottom