Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is my idea! edit: give faster bow speed when have full outfit
guide outfit.png

Last edited:
I have Much respect to the artists of terraria after making this. pixel art is a lot more difficult than it looks. but for my first time creating art on a computer, I'm pretty proud about how it came out.

Attachments

• Fire's tunic Terraria Submission.png
    Fire's tunic Terraria Submission.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 114
When I thought about how I wanted to design my own vanity set, three things seemed very important to me.
1) It should feel like it fits into Terraria, while also being new and innovative.
2) Every player should be able to enjoy the vanity.
3) It should capture the magic and wonder of such an iconic game.
With all of that being said, allow me to present:
forest.png

--The Wanderer's Set--

forest_hat.png

-Wanderer's Hat-
forest_cloak.png

-Wanderer's Cloak-
forest_boots.png

-Wanderer's Boots-

On its own, this might not look like much, but I will explain what makes this so special. I didn't think just one design would be enough to really show what Terraria means to me.
So, I decided to craft a vanity set that changes based on what biome the player is currently in, since so much of this game is about exploration. I was inspired to do this by the
Biome Hair Dye, which is probably my favorite of the lot. The one above is the first design I made, and it's meant for the Forest biome. I have made a different looking variation for each
biome, but I don't want to overload this single post, so I'll just show my three favorites.

-Underground-
transparent_wanderer_underground.png

Inspired by dirt and stone, the most abundant resources in this area.

-Underworld-
transparent_wanderer_underworld.png

It's full of ash and hellstone down there, so the outfit should match that.

-Dungeon-
transparent_wanderer_dungeon_green.png
transparent_wanderer_dungeon_blue.png
transparent_wanderer_dungeon_pink.png

I've made a different color for each dungeon color. I don't know if that can be done in the game, but I think it looks cool (blue is my favorite).

This might seem like a lot, but there's still more. Somewhere along the line of designing these, I had the idea that the vanity set should change not only by biome, but also by
what part of the game the player is currently in. Once the Wall of Flesh is beaten, each piece of the outfit can be combined with a Soul of Night and a Soul of Light to make:

--The Journeyer's Set--

All of the designs for the Journeyer's Set are still meant to represent the biome, but the visuals are slightly upgraded, just like the game's difficulty in Hardmode.
Here are the same three types, this time for the Journeyer's Set.

-Underground-
transparent_journeyer_underground.png

I originally wanted to use some colors from the Hardmode ores, but I think gold and silver does the job.

-Underworld-
transparent_journeyer_underworld.png

Since mining Hellstone creates lava, I thought that would be a good design for the second phase of this biome's version.

-Dungeon-
transparent_journeyer_dungeon_green.png
transparent_journeyer_dungeon_blue.png
transparent_journeyer_dungeon_pink.png

This upgrade is a bit simpler, but I think it looks nice. Additionally, many chests in the Dungeon are gold, so I think it fits the theme.

Believe it or not, there's still more. You see, while a big part of Terraria is exploration, only focusing my designs on that would leave out one of the most important elements
of this game: the bosses. So, I've created a third series that can be accessed by combining each piece of the Journeyer's Set with a piece of Luminite. This set is made to
show the player's triumphs over a boss in that specific biome. It is called:

--The Conqueror's Set--

Like I said, these designs are meant to represent bosses that are fought in a specific biome. Since some biomes don't have their own bosses,
I had to be more creative on these ones. Here are the same three, this time part of the Conqueror's Set.

-Underground-
transparent_conqueror_underground.png

"You feel vibrations from deep below..." The underground doesn't really have its own boss, and the Destroyer was the only boss that would fit for this.

-Underworld-
transparent_conqueror_underworld.png

The Wall of Flesh is such an iconic boss to me, so I knew that's what this one had to be.

-Dungeon-
transparent_conqueror_dungeon_green.png
transparent_conqueror_dungeon_blue.png
transparent_conqueror_dungeon_pink.png

I kept the three color variations, while also adding bone to the mix, as Skeletron is the Dungeon's guardian.

If, by some miracle, my vanity set gets chosen, the final design could be very different from this. I used a cloak, hat, and boots because I like how they looked,
but the important part of all of this is the changes based on biome and progression. Having an outfit is always adapted to the place and part of the game
would be one of the coolest things possible, in my opinion.

If you're reading this, thank you so much for taking the time to look through all of my work. I know I went a bit overboard with this, and I've ended up actually making
three vanity sets with almost 50 separate designs. I didn't want to let chance like this go to waste, because Terraria is such an important game to me, and seeing my own
design in the game would be a dream come true. I put a lot of work into these, so I hope you all like them.

---Good luck to everybody else competing, and thank you Re-Logic!---

Last edited:
terrarararararara stuffff.png

So i decided to do something a bit more casual since that's more of my style but i think it could work pretty well in game

I really just love the box head lmao

I even made some pixel versions just to see how it'd look as a sprite
sprite proposal.png

Lil boye
sprite proposal gorl.png

Gorl

The Lunar Suit
1584310961440.png
Capture.PNG

It's a new suit that I made. It has a special ability that, during nighttime, if you stand still, causes mobs to have no aggro (won't attack). You aren't invisible, but mobs ignore you as if you are just like the moon in the background. If you move, mobs notice you and attack. It's a Terraria version of the game "Red Light Green Light".

The suit can drop from mobs during Blood Moon, Pumpkin Moon, Frost Moon or another nighttime event.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    19.6 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
I call it "The Masked Idiot". Its just a guy in a lame home-made Halloween costume.

He has a bandanna tied on his head with eye holes cut out.

A yellow sweater with the sleeves replaced with blue ones and a big blue D in the middle.

Black Shoes.

If it's possible to add a description for this set, it would be "I wish wheat grew more steadily".
The Masked Idiot.jpg

This on a mannequin dummy I call it,"The Dapper". Im not an artist by any means so the tuxedo could use work, the key parts are that the headgear is a mustache, and the tuxedo has a bowtie. I would try to make it look different from "The Groom" outfit but yknow im not good at art. Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• Screenshot_101.png
    Screenshot_101.png
    1.8 KB · Views: 92
I have always adored the aesthetic of Samurai, so why not submit it? I mean, it's worth a try!
So my submission is exactly that, a blue samurai, pic for reference but blue (fav color!)
If needed, I will try to make a pixel art.
d0a9b20401ef1a76b03ad24300be2d1a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom