"The best of both worlds"

Vanity Set Submission

View attachment 260512

View attachment 260505
View attachment 260503
Terra Unitum Crown / Terra Unitum Robes / Terra Unitum Trousers

View attachment 260513

Head Piece:
A simple crown made of Terraria's Thorned Bushes.
Reduces eye size to a closed slit, it also emits a faint glow in the dark.
Being bald is not a part of the piece...
Just thought I'd make him bald to exemplify the crown, the player's hair will go under the crown, it will still be visible with long hair.

Examples With Hair:

View attachment 260502
Notice how the crown still overlaps the hair.

View attachment 260507

Torso:
A robe with a hood on the back. Has a belt and over-sized sleeves that sway when walking, the robe
breaks down the middle in a V-shape exposing the shoes.
When falling, the hood on the back gets thrown up a noticeable amount and the robe exposes the pants
slightly more.

View attachment 260508

Pants:
Simple white cotton trousers with brown boots, covered by the robe piece.

View attachment 260509

Ambitious Features:
AKA Probably impossible features
When moving towards the right, the "Pure" side is shown, the "Corrupted" side peeking out from behind.
When moving towards the left, the "Corrupted" side is shown, the "Pure" side peeking out from behind.

When the full set is equipped, the player is enveloped with an opaque and faint glow (is it possible to outline the character in light?).

The player also leaves a green particle trail while walking to the right and a purple particle trail while walking towards the left.
(the particle would be the same bubble particles from the Shadow/Crimson armor except following the above colors)

Animation of the set when idle?
(wasn't able to animate opaque colors so it's a solid aura)

View attachment 260514
View attachment 260510
The Dryads were wrong...
(lore for my submission)
What did you know? Flung into a world where survival was an instinct, shared by every other living creature on the face of Terraria. From the moment the Eye was slaughtered by your hands, you couldn't help but feel a slight tinge of guilt... "It felt I was invading its territory...it saw me as a threat," you thought to yourself. You knew what you had done was only in self-defense, and so you brushed it off.
Then she came -- the apparently last surviving member of a clan of Dryads, with the horrible screams of the Eye being shushed, she crept out of hiding finding a chance to survive. And from there you were fed the objective "Cleanse the World of Corruption and save Terraria.". It all felt so surreal, with every life you ended you didn't feel any closer to saving Terraria, quite the contrary, you felt empty inside. With each enemy felled by your blade, the so-called "corruption" in them seemed to plague your mind with blood-lust and the need to survive -- at any cost.
As per the Dryad's request, you ventured deep into the caverns of Terraria, she had said the greatest of all the evils in the world lie in its underbelly. Shuffling in your pocket, you pull out a doll that the Dryad had given you, feeling a dark energy from within it as if some forbidden force was stored away in its woven exterior. With blank eyes, you throw the doll into a pool of lava, feel a sting in your heart as if you'd done something terrible, and within moments a giant wall of agonized flesh rose from the molten depths.
It was in self-defense...
You slash through the screaming flesh.
You twist your blade inside of it.
You pant heavily as it lay down in front of you, a heaping mass of organic matter.
And then the earth let out a roar.
Your footing became unsteady as the earth groaned and quaked, blue-tinted spirits arose from the depths of hell and vanished through the ashen ceiling above. The ancient spirits of light and dark have been released. You look into the mirror you carried in your pack and give yourself a long stare, the background through the glass changes and you are sitting in your room. The Dryad immediately barges through your door and congratulates you on a job well done. You still had a sinking feeling in your stomach.
That night, while the Dryad was still asleep, you crept into her room and went into a backroom that held her personal belongings. She had always been extremely adamant as to not let anyone into the backroom, not even you who had built the room for her. You fumble through a canvas bag placed neatly in a corner and pull out the first thing that catches your eye, a yellowed scroll that seems to enlighten you about the world around you. One section specifically catches your eye, it read:

"In the beginning, the Gods established a balance to guarantee fairness for all living creatures.
This balance was to be of paramount importance, with no cost too great in seeking its fufillment.
Eons have passed since the Gods first began testing the complexities of life in their fairness experiment.
In this process, countless living worlds were created and now exist within the Terraria universe.
Each world of Terraria is a sentient being that knows all that goes on and can feel the thoughts of all
living creatures, with their sole purpose being to ensure that the desired balance is maintained - often violently so.
The worlds utilize many defense mechanisms to ensure the balance is upheld at all costs - some of them are known as
the Hallow, Corruption and Crimson."

And it was then your eyes were opened. The Dryad was a threat that existed to push the scales in her favor, she sought not to keep balance, but destroy it until only "Purity" remained. She was using you for her own agenda. Suddenly, an earthen force was drawn up once more from below, an energy filled your mind and said:

"If this is how you truly feel, restore balance to the world -- embrace both of what is considered
"good" and "bad" in this world and become Terra Unitum."

View attachment 260511
Thank you for reading!

In the event having a two-faced skin is not possible, I'd like to just use the right-facing side:
View attachment 260504
Like dis.

View attachment 260506
~ Terra Unitum ~
(Earth United)

"A reminder that nature will provide"
/
"The best of both worlds"

Vanity Set Submission

View attachment 260512

View attachment 260505
View attachment 260503
Terra Unitum Crown / Terra Unitum Robes / Terra Unitum Trousers

View attachment 260513

Head Piece:
A simple crown made of Terraria's Thorned Bushes.
Reduces eye size to a closed slit, it also emits a faint glow in the dark.
Being bald is not a part of the piece...
Just thought I'd make him bald to exemplify the crown, the player's hair will go under the crown, it will still be visible with long hair.

Examples With Hair:

View attachment 260502
Notice how the crown still overlaps the hair.

View attachment 260507

Torso:
A robe with a hood on the back. Has a belt and over-sized sleeves that sway when walking, the robe
breaks down the middle in a V-shape exposing the shoes.
When falling, the hood on the back gets thrown up a noticeable amount and the robe exposes the pants
slightly more.

View attachment 260508

Pants:
Simple white cotton trousers with brown boots, covered by the robe piece.

View attachment 260509

Ambitious Features:
AKA Probably impossible features
When moving towards the right, the "Pure" side is shown, the "Corrupted" side peeking out from behind.
When moving towards the left, the "Corrupted" side is shown, the "Pure" side peeking out from behind.

When the full set is equipped, the player is enveloped with an opaque and faint glow (is it possible to outline the character in light?).

The player also leaves a green particle trail while walking to the right and a purple particle trail while walking towards the left.
(the particle would be the same bubble particles from the Shadow/Crimson armor except following the above colors)

Animation of the set when idle?
(wasn't able to animate opaque colors so it's a solid aura)

View attachment 260514
View attachment 260510
The Dryads were wrong...
(lore for my submission)
What did you know? Flung into a world where survival was an instinct, shared by every other living creature on the face of Terraria. From the moment the Eye was slaughtered by your hands, you couldn't help but feel a slight tinge of guilt... "It felt I was invading its territory...it saw me as a threat," you thought to yourself. You knew what you had done was only in self-defense, and so you brushed it off.
Then she came -- the apparently last surviving member of a clan of Dryads, with the horrible screams of the Eye being shushed, she crept out of hiding finding a chance to survive. And from there you were fed the objective "Cleanse the World of Corruption and save Terraria.". It all felt so surreal, with every life you ended you didn't feel any closer to saving Terraria, quite the contrary, you felt empty inside. With each enemy felled by your blade, the so-called "corruption" in them seemed to plague your mind with blood-lust and the need to survive -- at any cost.
As per the Dryad's request, you ventured deep into the caverns of Terraria, she had said the greatest of all the evils in the world lie in its underbelly. Shuffling in your pocket, you pull out a doll that the Dryad had given you, feeling a dark energy from within it as if some forbidden force was stored away in its woven exterior. With blank eyes, you throw the doll into a pool of lava, feel a sting in your heart as if you'd done something terrible, and within moments a giant wall of agonized flesh rose from the molten depths.
You slash through the screaming flesh.
You twist your blade inside of it.
You pant heavily as it lay down in front of you, a heaping mass of organic matter.
And then the earth let out a roar.
Your footing became unsteady as the earth groaned and quaked, blue-tinted spirits arose from the depths of hell and vanished through the ashen ceiling above. The ancient spirits of light and dark have been released. You look into the mirror you carried in your pack and give yourself a long stare, the background through the glass changes and you are sitting in your room. The Dryad immediately barges through your door and congratulates you on a job well done. You still had a sinking feeling in your stomach.
That night, while the Dryad was still asleep, you crept into her room and went into a backroom that held her personal belongings. She had always been extremely adamant as to not let anyone into the backroom, not even you who had built the room for her. You fumble through a canvas bag placed neatly in a corner and pull out the first thing that catches your eye, a yellowed scroll that seems to enlighten you about the world around you. One section specifically catches your eye, it read:

"In the beginning, the Gods established a balance to guarantee fairness for all living creatures.
This balance was to be of paramount importance, with no cost too great in seeking its fufillment.
Eons have passed since the Gods first began testing the complexities of life in their fairness experiment.
In this process, countless living worlds were created and now exist within the Terraria universe.
Each world of Terraria is a sentient being that knows all that goes on and can feel the thoughts of all
living creatures, with their sole purpose being to ensure that the desired balance is maintained - often violently so.
The worlds utilize many defense mechanisms to ensure the balance is upheld at all costs - some of them are known as
the Hallow, Corruption and Crimson."

And it was then your eyes were opened. The Dryad was a threat that existed to push the scales in her favor, she sought not to keep balance, but destroy it until only "Purity" remained. She was using you for her own agenda. Suddenly, an earthen force was drawn up once more from below, an energy filled your mind and said:

"If this is how you truly feel, restore balance to the world -- embrace both of what is considered
"good" and "bad" in this world and become Terra Unitum."

View attachment 260511
Thank you for reading!

In the event having a two-faced skin is not possible, I'd like to just use the right-facing side:
View attachment 260504
Like dis.
You should be able to obtain from treasure bags from new boss that is based upon crimson/corruption and forest boomed it would be worth the efforts

View attachment 263688
Hope you like it
It was made on phone via pixel studio (my pc is broken so i had to use phone , but is not like it wold look mutch better).
As you can see (I hope) he have computer as a hat (it wold be badass if when damaget the face would change to surpriced like ˙○˙)
vaporwave jumper (whith T-shirt ) and ripped jeans with white shoes .
Bonus is that it pretty flexible as you can use parts of the vanity with nother outffit.
oh this is wrong thread isn't it ?

I'm very new to Terraria but my son has absolutely loved this game for forever so I wanted to give this a shot for him, thought it'd be really fun. We hashed out ideas and designs over the last week or so, he liked the idea of a lizard or fish hero and I thought that might be an interesting twist to mix that with Japanese monster and superhero films and shows. Originally we had a fin on his head but I wasn't sure if there was a height limit on the entire sprite so we axed it and gave him a little antenna popping out the side. And thus Kaiju-Hero Tokage was born! (Kaiju is a Japanese genre of film focusing on giant monsters and Tokage is Japanese for "lizard")

View attachment 263866

I know it's not necessary and will most likely be changed if chosen, but he thought it would be fun to design the way to unlock the armor. Basically you have to beat the monsters to become the monster, defeating 3 of the Hard Mode bosses along with some smaller things once that's done.

View attachment 263867

I thought adding a glowmask to the visor would be a fun touch, and made an ultra rare drop version that would show up in the Crimson biome.

Anyways, thank you very much for checking this out and for hosting this contest!
that's extra quality work, want it in-game

View attachment 263776
My design for the vanity contest is the Broken Hero set. My idea for this came from the fact that this is Journey's End'.
I decided to make a set that showed the hardships that player has gone though, during their journey. To show this I
chose a terraria armour set and started re-spriting it to show hardship. I added vines and rust, and darkened the colour sceme.
I was thinking of adding a scabbard in the shape of the broken hero sword, but there wasn't room. I doubt I'll win, but want
to thank Re-Logic for making this increderable game. :)
I like the idea! Maybe one can aquire this set by defeating all bosses or getting all achievements(which includes defeating all bosses), since that's when the journey ends(kind of).

I like the idea! Maybe one can aquire this set by defeating all bosses or getting all achievements(which includes defeating all bosses), since that's when the journey ends(kind of).
Glad you like it! :D I think this would be a good way to get it as well, since defeating bosses is truly the core loop for Terraria! My other thought was finding it in a crypt/ grave for a past hero, since the broken hero sword seems to implement there was hero before you.

oh this is wrong thread isn't it ?
Yep, this is the wrong thread. Looks like you got it posted over in the correct thread though @Black Spliff. Good luck. :)

Do we have to fill out all vanity slots, or can we just like do the head and torso but not the leggings?
Be sure to read over the “Advanced Submission Guidelines”. It’s the 2nd post of this thread, and goes over what you’re asking about. :) Journey's End Vanity Contest!

Just testing to see if I can make my submission as I just created my account... Knew about this contest last minute
Your post works @Pedro Rangel, but please no more “test” posts. :) Be sure to read ALL the contest rules, this thread is not where you would post your submission.

So.. if we wanted to make a matching set, but it's technically two pieces, does that count? It's one submission, and they'd be a package set, but just wanted to make sure I don't put work into something that doesn't count. Thanks!

So.. if we wanted to make a matching set, but it's technically two pieces, does that count? It's one submission, and they'd be a package set, but just wanted to make sure I don't put work into something that doesn't count. Thanks!
Not really sure at you’re asking @Sullie. From the first post that contains the rules: “Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.”

Be sure to read over all the rules, along with the extra “Advanced Submission Guidelines” - these are the first and second post of this thread. Journey's End Vanity Contest!

Not really sure at you’re asking @Sullie. From the first post that contains the rules: “Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.”

Be sure to read over all the rules, along with the extra “Advanced Submission Guidelines” - these are the first and second post of this thread. Journey's End Vanity Contest!
I was thinking of making like a matching crimson an corruption set. Kind of like crimson/shadow armor, except for vanity

I was thinking of making like a matching crimson an corruption set. Kind of like crimson/shadow armor, except for vanity
Ah, well if it’s one head, one torso, one leg then it should be fine. Anything more than that is probably outside of the scope of the contest. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom