Terraria State of the Game - January 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
This really isn't an appropriate response to another member. Please refrain from offensive responses like this. Thanks.
"Anti woke" is generally associated with hate speech, which I was just poking fun at here.
In fact, even the official r/Terraria subreddit also has a rainbow icon for the exact same reason, here an excellent quote from one of its moderators from a post asking about it:
People complained a lot when we first put it up. We had a couple of valid complaints but 99% were just people crying about it. So I personally decided that the more people cried about it, the longer it will stay. The rest of the team seemed happy with it but even more importantly, Red himself was happy with the logo staying but did voice some concerns about an increase in bigotry, however this is surprisingly good for the community because bigots are very vocal about their intolerance and they will kick up a fuss and so we can easily remove them
And as you can probably see, I was wishing for exactly that but inside the game. :)

Last edited:
@punchready, @Spalooky , drop this line of discussion NOW. I mean it.
I have been lurking on this forum for probably 7 or 8 years now, and I've always found your moderation to be quite heavy handed. From this discussion all the way back to aggressive deletion of post related to mobile save modifications years ago, I would have thought your style would have changed by now but it appears it has not. This forum explicitly has rules against "homophobic slurs" and the text "You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend", which shows that this forum has clearly taken a (correct) stance on this issue, yet you equivocate someone calling out hate expressed in the dogwhistle "woke" to the person who uttered such nonsense in the first place. I don't intend to escalate this conversation any further, I just felt that I had to say my piece. (pls no ban, I actually have something to add below)

More importantly and on topic, I haven't seen any information related to Switch ad-hoc play in quite some time. I don't have Nintendo Switch Online, which has made it impossible to play with other players even if they have online. Even if I did have it, there are times where on the plane, car, or a long train ride where internet may not be available and I would still like to play with other switch owners.

I have been lurking on this forum for probably 7 or 8 years now, and I've always found your moderation to be quite heavy handed. From this discussion all the way back to aggressive deletion of post related to mobile save modifications years ago, I would have thought your style would have changed by now but it appears it has not. This forum explicitly has rules against "homophobic slurs" and the text "You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend", which shows that this forum has clearly taken a (correct) stance on this issue, yet you equivocate someone calling out hate expressed in the dogwhistle "woke" to the person who uttered such nonsense in the first place.
"Woke" is not a slur, the leftists themselves invented it. And I was complimenting Re-Logic for NOT being woke, please pay attention before you reply. And ya'll stop responding to me with more political garbage, I can't stand not correcting your false words but if I keep going then I will get in trouble, and I can't think of anything to say about the state of the game so just stop it. I can't respond to any more political garbage so stop tempting me. That hopper, it sure can help transport items.

This forum explicitly has rules against "homophobic slurs" and the text "You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend", which shows that this forum has clearly taken a (correct) stance on this issue, yet you equivocate someone calling out hate expressed in the dogwhistle "woke" to the person who uttered such nonsense in the first place.

The topic at hand is not the problem, it is the goading behavior on an inflammatory topic that does not have a place here. This is a State of the Game thread, not a political thread on how we feel about certain representations. For future reference, if you have an issue with a staff member, please use the PM options to discuss problems. We take them very seriously, more so than trying to put them on blast in a thread.

Consider the topic dropped moving forward from this point on, please.

Watch the movement of the items at the end of the belt.

It seems like hoppers are simply chests that auto-grab items when activated by wire, and then the chest that gets the item on a common line of wiring is the one with available space closest to the triggering device.

If the Terraria team still plans on adding any new weapons to the game then, they might want to consider adding more flamethrowers to pre-hardmode. And I was thinking they could add another evolution to the slime gun that might use hellstone or tourches to produce flames.

Wait.... HOPPERS?!
Image 1-30-24 at 8.05 PM.jpeg

Thanks for adding new storage tech. Inventory management is by far the most tedious part of my playthroughs.

been thinking about the slimes now utilizing the effects of the items inside them, and i'm wondering if this means that slimes with bombs inside them will detonate upon death or if they'll benefit from the effects of the swiftness or ironskin potions they can spawn with
Imagine if they could have inferno potions inside them. In early game, that would be hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom