Items you think are overrated?

Imagine if it worked on king/queen slime :p
Aight hear me out… jokes aside for overrated weapons I may think about razorblade typhoon? I mean it’s really good but iv’e seen some people overhype it calling it a “moonlord cheese” it is good but not that good, also I like nebula weapons more.

Aight hear me out… jokes aside for overrated weapons I may think about razorblade typhoon? I mean it’s really good but iv’e seen some people overhype it calling it a “moonlord cheese” it is good but not that good, also I like nebula weapons more.
It’s absolutely amazing for pillars… and kinda just decent on bosses? I can see it being overrated.

Honestly i think guns in general are kinda overrated. sure the damage is good but god they're boring if they just use bullets. Especially once you get access to clorophyte bullets. Stuff like the star cannon or even a lot of bows are way more unique/interesting and i wish there was more weapons that used an unorthodox ammo type like the star cannon, sand gun e.c.t.

Honestly i think guns in general are kinda overrated. sure the damage is good but god they're boring if they just use bullets. Especially once you get access to clorophyte bullets. Stuff like the star cannon or even a lot of bows are way more unique/interesting and i wish there was more weapons that used an unorthodox ammo type like the star cannon, sand gun e.c.t.
Star cannon is expensive asf to use, it has some niche uses if the players takes the time to collect a decent amount of ammo. Sandgun sucks, fills you arena with sand, no piercing and if you die you have to clean the arena afterwards. Guns begin boring doesn’t mean they are overrated, things like vortex beater with chloro bullets allows you to hit moonlord from very far away.

Last edited:
Sandgun infinitely pierces if you use infected sand.
Didn’t know that but still, you need to have a crimson generated over a desert to get infected sand (evil does not spread to stone and others till hardmode), and I don’t see anyone using it in hardmode.

Sandgun infinitely pierces if you use infected sand.
This could be a good strategy for GFB eater and brain, you already have infected oceans and you can TP to them using the magic conch (TP is important, can't stay alive in that hell of a surface for more than 10 seconds).

You cover the whole arena with torches or something so sand won't pile up, it's worth the effort because it's GFB.

Imp staff, lots of people are tricked into thinking it’s high tier because of its cost even though it’s mid
The sad part is that it SHOULD be better than flinx staff considering it comes later into progresion (please red give this staff local Iframes im beggin you). Not to mention it’s slow fire rate makes it much worse than flinx when using tag damage, waiting till red adds a walmart firecraker for pre-hardmode.

RoD
Rod of Discord
I hate it. Never get it, and when I do, I usually give it to whoever else I’m playing with.
Like…just dodge the attacks. Or link up teleporters.
I can see why one would say it's overrated but Teleporters can't replace it, it's completely different

I use it for Daytime Empresses's second phase's "that attack" and sometimes ML's deathlaser if I have it. If I use TPs in it's place it's a completely different fight, would likely be a cheese fight

RoD
Rod of Discord
I hate it. Never get it, and when I do, I usually give it to whoever else I’m playing with.
Like…just dodge the attacks. Or link up teleporters.
The Rod of Discord is incredibly useful for The Twins, Mechdusa (on the Getfixedboi seed), Plantera, Empress of Light and the Moon Lord. It's also an easy way to traverse caves and quickly cross barriers you'd otherwise have to navigate around. It's true that the player should be able to typically avoid most of a bosses attacks, but the RoD gives you an additional fallback if you ever happen to get cornered by an attack that you otherwise have no way to easily dodge. The debuff, drop rate and the player's reaction time still act as a balancing mechanism for it too.

Being able to teleport to any free space on the screen is just helpful during a lot of boss fights, especially ones where a mistake in positioning could otherwise have the player in a lot of trouble. It's a bit time-consuming to farm for, but I wouldn't consider it overrated. It's just another useful tool to have at your disposal, even when you consider Chaos State. I typically have it hotbarred to my first slot as soon as I get it.

RoD was literally made a pretty much mandatory thing to be able to deal with ML and martian saucer's beam attacks in 1.4.

Last edited:
RoD was literally made a pretty much mandatory thing to be able to deal with ML and martian saucer's beam attacks in 1.4.
Not at all. With moon lord’s beam attack you’re meant to fall downwards when it’s charging and fly up and over the top of the eye when it fires. With martian Saucer you can just dash left and dash right repeatedly to dodge the entire attack.

I use a Magic Mirror to deal with the saucer attack.

EDIT: I just remembered, you can also just place a few teleporters down to avoid laser attacks, which is honestly easier than having a block ceiling anyway. Every time I tried the ceiling strategy I got stuck and killed by other things.
I think the nerf is mostly just for people who sat in a cramped box full of honey and regen-tanked everything.

Last edited:
flying knife, people call it good because it homes in and all that, but the dps is just wayyy too low for it to be remotely good

flying knife, people call it good because it homes in and all that, but the dps is just wayyy too low for it to be remotely good
It used to be quite good with weapons that had the Channeling property in the code because it could be used simultaneously with them but that’s long been patched.

Isn't Flying Knife still at least great for Destroyer like a million other weapons are?
Or was that changed as well?

Back
Top Bottom