NPCs & Enemies Mermaid 'wandering' NPC in Ocean Biome

TurboClide

Terrarian
She spawns on Ocean Surface (just like Angler) when it's raining. Considered as Rare Entity and ofc Lifeform Analyzer can detect her.

All she does is sings: you can see notes flying from her just like when using Magic Harp.

You can interract with her and offer White, Black or Pink Pearl. She'll give Player treasure in exchange, thank him and dissappear with a puff.

P.S. I don't know what should she give but I will accept your ideas.

Would you mind spriting your suggestion
1708872468831.png

She spawns on Ocean Surface (just like Angler) when it's raining. Considered as Rare Entity and ofc Lifeform Analyzer can detect her.

All she does is sings: you can see notes flying from her just like when using Magic Harp.

You can interract with her and offer White, Black or Pink Pearl. She'll give Player treasure in exchange, thank him and dissappear with a puff.

P.S. I don't know what should she give but I will accept your ideas.
I loved the idea!
-
I would like her to give you a unique item.
Something like "Siren Voice", an accessory that grants the player the ability to sing and attract sea creatures.
-
With what objective?
I don't know!

Maybe siren’s buff would allow you to ride dolphins and sea turtles for a little while and allow you to breathe underwater while buff is in effect. That way you get uses for mermaid but also a purpose for dolphin and sea turtle.

Honestly? Reverse this suggestion. Pearls are really obnoxious to get so she should be the one providing you pearls in exchange for something. Most likely fish, with the type of pearl dependent on what kind of fish you give her. And limited to one exchange so you can't just farm 99 lesser luck potions

I’m not really sure what to think of this. The siren suggestion so it is like the Lost Girl is good and making it so she gives you pearls in exchange for fish instead of taking pearls I think is best, but not sure if the idea as a whole brings a lot to the game.

I’m not really sure what to think of this. The siren suggestion so it is like the Lost Girl is good and making it so she gives you pearls in exchange for fish instead of taking pearls I think is best, but not sure if the idea as a whole brings a lot to the game.
If it brings anything at all then it's alright.
It shouldn't bring a lot. This is not multi-suggestion, after all.

In mythology, Mermaids attracts humans enchanting them with their voice, the sailors jump into the water and get killed by sirens.

Maybe the Mermaid could give you pearls or something in change of stuff, but if you get into the water she attack you or disappear from the place.

Have the Merfolk buff prevents to get attacked from the Mermaid

Honestly? Reverse this suggestion. Pearls are really obnoxious to get so she should be the one providing you pearls in exchange for something. Most likely fish, with the type of pearl dependent on what kind of fish you give her. And limited to one exchange so you can't just farm 99 lesser luck potions
I like this idea a lot more. It would let people get the Galaxy Pearl in their worlds without wasting their lives fishing in the oasis.

Back
Top Bottom