Official Announcement regarding changes to conversations (private messages)

As we have seen lots of the role players pms are full

think about this, you are out drinking coffee and talking to your friend, and 4 people surround you and are staring at you and listening to you
I don't think the moderators even meet in public. Plus have you seen the other places within the last year were more people are.

think about this, you are out drinking coffee and talking to your friend, and 4 people surround you and are staring at you and listening to you
It's more accurate to think of the forum is a large cafe and a thread is the table that you're having coffee at, or a convention building. There's lot of different people all talking, most people aren't going to specifically single you out and listen.

It's more accurate to think of the forum is a large cafe and a thread is the table that you're having coffee at, or a convention building. There's lot of different people all talking, most people aren't going to specifically single you out and listen.
Yes but then you want to talk to your own friends privately

Lets continue to play nice and treat each other respectfully, I do realise this is a heated topic but do be mindful of your words.

Yes but then you want to talk to your own friends privately
Yes, and conversations are there for that to an extent but not to the level that we've seen. Conversations are not intended to be used in-place of apps like discord. I know that not everyone can access those but its not really an excuse. You can still talk privately within reasonable standards but we ask that you attempt to shift the majority of "non private" content to the public space OR use discord/steam if able.

Seriously stop you and 3ds are acting like someone who physically and mentally abused me. So maybe you should have some actual :red:ing respect and walk into other people's shoes. Please
As I said before, lets tone it down please. Take a break if you need to, but I'll have to step in with more than a verbal warning if this goes any further.

EDIT: Please refer to TK's post below.

Seriously stop you and 3ds are acting like someone who physically and mentally abused me. So maybe you should have some actual :red:ing respect and walk into other people's shoes. Please
This is out of line, @vessal. You may no longer reply to this thread. You are definitely not helping anyone with this line of discourse

I will speak further with you in private about this

A lapse in my wording, thats my fault if you've misunderstood my words there. What I said specifically, was
" which isn't really wrong, but when used to quite the excessive extent as it has been... it begins to raise concerns"

What I meant by this was that private chat in and of itself isn't wrong, its fine and we expect it. That is, within reason.
While I can't currently come up with a good example to give, what I was saying is that its perfectly fine to have a few ongoing chats and that is not the problem. The problem is that people have been using the featute excessively, literally in-place of threads.

The feature is being misused and we want to correct that, simply asking people would not have sufficed and so we placed a limit, a line. The problem is extremely long-lived, page heavy conversations that in all likelihood should have taken place in or been their own thread. In addition to this, and its a matter I would like to keep very brief, with large "threads" (in this case, conversations) Reports are naturally made which ends up being very difficult for us to act on as people don't want to invite a staff member or "share too much" leading to a lot of unsolved matters and 'unmoderated' content. This is not something that we want to encourage, especially when it involves the wellbeing of valued users. This is doubly true when the fact that this is an official forum run by the developers of the game is taken into picture.

They are not "vague" concerns, we have plenty of reason and context to include them in the discussion within the team that lead up to this change. I promise you that we're not operating based on pure conjecture.
As for our objective reasons I do believe we've outlined a good few of them earlier in the thread from Unit One and myself.

That's fine, this thread is for discussing it.

Understand that while I believe we're being very transparent on the matter there are degrees of context that we can't discuss in detail.

Ahh, so if I'm reading this right, something specific did happen that violates guidelines and now y'all are trying to take steps to prevent it from happening again? And it's something sensitive enough that you aren't at liberty to go into detail about, yes?

Ahh, so if I'm reading this right, something specific did happen that violates guidelines and now y'all are trying to take steps to prevent it from happening again? And it's something sensitive enough that you aren't at liberty to go into detail about, yes?
Don't read that far into it. I'm merely speaking in clear terms as moderation does play a part of the decision.

I think a survey would do it
In the words of Tunnel King, "we do not consider user-made polls to be binding or meaningful."
And I don't think the mods are going to make a poll or survey; as far as I know, they have never done so in the past, and when I suggested that they make a poll, they didn't respond.
Even when I reported a post to ask why they didn't make a poll, they didn't say anything.

In the words of Tunnel King, "we do not consider user-made polls to be binding or meaningful."
And I don't think the mods are going to make a poll or survey; as far as I know, they have never done so in the past, and when I suggested that they make a poll, they didn't respond.
Even when I reported a post to ask why they didn't make a poll, they didn't say anything.
I mean the only users who would vote are the users who actually care about it, and the majority of the users who actually care about it want it changed in some way.

You were actually informed as to why your "poll thread" was locked and I agree with the reason. Lets not play this game by misquoting and making it sound like we're being uncooperative, its quite disrespectful. If you find it insufficient then please approach a member of staff in private to clear up the confusion.

We do not need a poll as we are very openly discussing and listening here. A poll would just show the results that we've already observed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom