The Last Post Wins!

(stad is actually a dutch loanword canonically, which is why it's three characters and not one, and also why it has no apostrophes!)
making a language is funner than it should be
Mv6PTBgXLuzNSzvl5_Ith-Vg_0_Fj0kD3VP95bG1CHm4zYgb7GPItRiclbug9M0lPTXcfjVLSScIdq6NmdJiLwr8kKt0DaKAKXZCZDUtBJ-aDWwSQ4X-qIN9s_jmchbTNpn2i8AOsCiEDxg9xyDsFcM

(stad is actually a dutch loanword canonically, which is why it's three characters and not one, and also why it has no apostrophes!)
(lesgo Dutch representation
most of my characters canonically speak Dutch)
making a language is funner than it should be
Mv6PTBgXLuzNSzvl5_Ith-Vg_0_Fj0kD3VP95bG1CHm4zYgb7GPItRiclbug9M0lPTXcfjVLSScIdq6NmdJiLwr8kKt0DaKAKXZCZDUtBJ-aDWwSQ4X-qIN9s_jmchbTNpn2i8AOsCiEDxg9xyDsFcM
Squiggly lines!

Also here's a WIP chat log related to semi-recent events in RJITU
<Xio> Nice going Sam
Sam-Forced Team Switch (Blue to Purple), forced by: Amulet
<Ariah> Well
<Ariah> At least we know he’s doing alright
<Esther> Surely there’s better ways to let us know he’s okay than immediately getting ambushed by an enemy?
<Vani> And I thought I was good at getting turned evil at the most ridiculous times…
<Amy> Really dude?
<Divi> Facepalm
<Myrica> Of all the ways to give a status update he chose the most unique one
<Esther> Unique, yes
<Esther> Practical, not so much
<Vani> Part of me feels like Amulet’s doing this specifically to annoy us this time
<Myrica> I wouldn’t be surprised tbh
<Ariah> If any of you run into him tell him it got a reaction out of us at least
<Amy> Challenge accepted

Also also
if we ignore the part where it's partially for RJITU
interest check for Myrica getting armor

<Vani> And I thought I was good at getting turned evil at the most ridiculous times…
honestly Vani turns evil like so much
its just constant
it must be draining

now i just have to make a grammar system
with noun declension.
meaning i have to find out how the heck i'm supposed to say something is plural.
apple --> apples
or how someone owns something.
the tree apple --> the tree's apple

honestly Vani turns evil like so much
its just constant
it must be draining
I've gotten used to it by now. At least it's usually one of the weaker ones, I would NOT be saying this if Xene or Malis was responsible.
now i just have to make a grammar system
with noun declension.
meaning i have to find out how the heck i'm supposed to say something is plural.
apple --> apples
or how someone owns something.
the tree apple --> the tree's apple
ono

Why does pretty much this ENTIRE album fit with Myrica, especially in RJITU
Also just saying this is pretty much exactly how I imagine their voice

@InigoGollum
you seem knowledgeable on languages, so i have a question.
would
View attachment 464149
be like a "sh" sound(mouth half closed, teeth together) or an "s" sound from before the alveolar ridge?
<ʃ> is ðe IPA symbol for a SH sound in English. I don't know exactly what ðe superscript h does.

After looking it up, i can confidently say ðat ʃʰ is an aspirated voiceless postalveolar fricative. A SH sound wiþ a little puff of air after it. More information

oh btw
if I do end up keeping the idea
I may or may not have an inspiration point ready for the design
what do you mean I'm not allowed to hyperfixate on two different franchises at once, let alone two big ones

ALSO KETSUI
You're the plant ability person here
I need last-minute suggestions for a forest themed ability with use in and outside of battles, for Inil in my Switch Terraria run
I need to decide on something before the end of today so I can start on the ocean beacon with friends tomorrow without feeling bad

that was actually my original idea for the Ke'e abilities, with certain people better and using certain barks, but i decided that it was too restricting, since the tribes are meant to have many different ways to use their powers

that was actually my original idea for the Ke'e abilities, with certain people better and using certain barks, but i decided that it was too restricting, since the tribes are meant to have many different ways to use their powers
Chances are high that it will still get use after all

also I might have a mild addiction to minesweeper for this week
1711485506384.png

(Had less than 400 last week, can get up to ten per round and have to wait up to 5 minutes between each round)

I love how the current conversations are:
Me wanting opinions on something for Myrica
lore
language big words that I have no idea about the meaning of

i think this is that swedish "sh" right?
maybe postalveolar is the wrong term for what i'm looking for
it might be palatal or something i have trouble distinguishing the two
I'm gonna consult Wikipedia
I love how the current conversations are:
Me wanting opinions on something for Myrica
lore
language big words that I have no idea about the meaning of
the alveolar ridge is that bump before your teeth
you use it in sounds like
/s/ "super"
/ɾ/ (tapped/"rolled" r)
and
/l/ "love"
postalveolar means it is before that, but not palatal, which means your tongue is at the bump, but not ON it.
/r/ or /ɹ/ makes your tongue raise towards it like in the word "nurse"

Back
Top Bottom