Weapons & Equip Please add a pen

benry gaming

Retinazer
The pen would be a shortsword that deals 1 damage. It could be found in gold chests. It would have a 2 block range, but would ignore I-frames. It could also have an extremely fast speed. Let me know if you think anything should be changed.

Last edited:
The pen would be a shortsword that deals 1 damage. It could be found from golden chests. It would have a 2 block range, but would ignore I-frames. It could also have an extremely fast speed. Let me know if you think anything should be changed.
Would be better as a harmless novelty item. This seems like a joke weapon, especially since it's found on golden chests, assuming it takes as the "important" item slot.

Why not make it a Hardmode weapon? Dropped from… mummies? Would be stronger than all other short swords unless you count the Starlight. Could also shoot a small ink projectile.

This item would have 62.4 base dps (yall forgot about critical strike chance)
The Undertaker (which has great range, is also available pre-boss, and isn’t particularly known for its dps anyway) has 81.12 dps when used with musket balls.
Mace has 56.16 dps if used with the dropped form which has the highest dps out of its three attacks. In addition the Mace has yknow, range, and upgrading it to the Flaming Mace (which is basically free) adds a fire debuff to that which increases it to 60.16.
And then of course we have Grenades with better range and knockback, which have 83.2 base dps.

Not gonna lie, I’m not convinced this weapon would be overpowered as a gold chest item at all. It’s absolutely fine in gold chests.
If anything this thing would be good at keeping enemies away from you with knockback more than it would be good at killing things.

Last edited:
The pen does not have autofire but does 30 damage per hit, slow speed (same range) "The pen is mightier than the zenith"

No, it really wouldn't. A 2 block range is downright crippling.
Sure, two block range is pretty crippling, but for a gold chest item the damage is bloody fantastic.
I mean, a gladius is short range too and it does ~82 dps, plus the contributing factor that it's easier to miss a swing with it due to it's randomness.
So it is pretty damn good.

Back
Top Bottom