IC Random Journey in The Universe (IC)

Search Party:
-------------------------

Dark just meets her look, following Mela a bit, a bit confused himself.
"Armadillos I imagine would be normal around here, seeing how similar this world seems to be to Arth."
"...they're not common in your world?"

Dark glances back at the others, before shrugging, deciding to go ahead with actually investigating the van, firstly by checking on the crates Arentine unloaded from the van, presumably putting them next to the van.

Vinessa huffs as she waits on Servi, Tenuma, and Lania's response.
*Mela follows Dark to the van, absent-mindedly inspecting crates, her mind still more focused on the armadillo.*

"No, I've never heard of one before. Are they just normal animals?"

*Mela glances back over at the mutant-looking armadillo.*

"Though, for some reason I doubt that one is what most of them look like. Looks like something you'd find in the jungle labs... gross."

Search Party:
*Mela follows Dark to the van, absent-mindedly inspecting crates, her mind still more focused on the armadillo.*

"No, I've never heard of one before. Are they just normal animals?"

*Mela glances back over at the mutant-looking armadillo.*

"Though, for some reason I doubt that one is what most of them look like. Looks like something you'd find in the jungle labs... gross."
"...whatever the jungle labs are, that sounds about right; would explain its...tail and large size...looks like some kind of experiment."
Dark starts inspecting the crates to see which ones are open, looking around cautiously for anything else that might've escaped and is hostile.

Arentine would be walking towards the Van already, and notices.. this.

He just continues walking towards it, fully oblivious that this sort of creature is not normal in this world.
Dark does in fact notice this as he turns to check on the van.
"..."
"...Either I'm looking at a small scout of a shifter a long way away from Daybreak that just got out of the van, or that is..a mutant armadillo."
The creature stops and looks at everyone.

Upon getting closer, Arentine attempts to just squat down in front of it like it’s a cat or something.
It then hisses at Arentine, and spits some sort of ooze at him...

Lavin kind of just continues watching things from above.
Ertwin's also watching things, but he's on the ground.
Nick is also nearby, but keeping out of sight.

Search Party:
Instead Dark would find an axolotl-snake hybrid, which proceeds to try to lash out at him. (14 +2 for surprise =16)
Dark is straight up bitten, having been caught off guard (D20: 5 + 4 = 9). He immediately rips it off though, telekinetically grabbing it to float it in the air while taking a deep breath, feeling himself out to see if he’s affected by any venom now.

Search Party:

Dark is straight up bitten, having been caught off guard (D20: 5 + 4 = 9). He immediately rips it off though, telekinetically grabbing it to float it in the air while taking a deep breath, feeling himself out to see if he’s affected by any venom now.
(d2=2)
Yeah he'd feel there's definitely venom.

(d2=2)
Yeah he'd feel there's definitely venom.
“…”
Dark just looks at the others, throwing the snake in the lake.
“Don’t suppose you guys could help look for anti-venom in the van?”
“And uh. Keep an eye on the crates. The other stuff could break out.”

<With luck, the venom…>
<Let’s not finish that thought.>

Dark heads over to the van’s side door to try opening it, constantly feeling himself to see if he gets weak or woozy.

“…”
Dark just looks at the others, throwing the snake in the lake.
“Don’t suppose you guys could help look for anti-venom in the van?”
“And uh. Keep an eye on the crates. The other stuff could break out.”

<With luck, the venom…>
<Let’s not finish that thought.>

Dark heads over to the van’s side door to try opening it, constantly feeling himself to see if he gets weak or woozy.
*Mela's mind is quickly snapped out of the odd armadillo-related bubble it was in, and begins to rapidly start searching through the van in hopes of finding an anti-venom for Dark.*

"Just say something if you start to feel weak. Or if your flesh starts dissolving, because then we'll at least know it's necrotic."

*Mela briefly shakes her hand to dissuade a remembered feeling of her own hand dissolving before getting right back to searching the van for anything that may look like an anti-venom.*

Search Party:
*Mela's mind is quickly snapped out of the odd armadillo-related bubble it was in, and begins to rapidly start searching through the van in hopes of finding an anti-venom for Dark.*

"Just say something if you start to feel weak. Or if your flesh starts dissolving, because then we'll at least know it's necrotic."

*Mela briefly shakes her hand to dissuade a remembered feeling of her own hand dissolving before getting right back to searching the van for anything that may look like an anti-venom.*
Dark nods, missing the hand shaking as he helps her out to the best of his ability.
“Theoretically, should be able to at least mitigate the venom myself…think I’ve got enough in me to regenerate away some of the damage…”

Vinessa, meanwhile, just sighs as she heads over to the crates to watch them, cautious.
<Yeah, and then the poison’ll prove to be problematic anyway because you still don’t have the full extent of your regenerative abilities, idiot.>
<I’m making you take a rest the second the venom makes you woozy or something.>

She glances briefly at the others to see what they’re up to.
<Weird hand shake on Mela’s part though.>

It then hisses at Arentine, and spits some sort of ooze at him...
He moves out of the way somewhat quickly, the ooze splattering a bit against his shoulder pauldron.

He then dashes forwards, attempting to pick the thing up and hold it like a cat from underneath its front limbs.

He moves out of the way somewhat quickly, the ooze splattering a bit against his shoulder pauldron.

He then dashes forwards, attempting to pick the thing up and hold it like a cat from underneath its front limbs.
The pauldron would proceed to sizzle and smoke and may in fact be slowly being dissolved...
The creature then just looks a bit shocked at what Arentine is doing, then tries to bite him. (8)

The pauldron would proceed to sizzle and smoke and may in fact be slowly being dissolved...
The creature then just looks a bit shocked at what Arentine is doing, then tries to bite him. (8)
After a few seconds, the acid seems to stop dissolving the metal once it’s melted through the outer layer of rust and discoloration..

(18) Arentine just holds the thing further away from himself, laughing loudly.

He then pulls thing in with one arm attempts to scratch the top of its head.

After a few seconds, the acid seems to stop dissolving the metal once it’s melted through the outer layer of rust and discoloration..

(18) Arentine just holds the thing further away from himself, laughing loudly.

He then pulls thing in with one arm attempts to scratch the top of its head.
The creature, scared and confused, does try to claw and bite Arentine, but does seem to be struggling to overcome his grip...

The creature, scared and confused, does try to claw and bite Arentine, but does seem to be struggling to overcome his grip...
Arentine just laughs at this and squeezes the thing in for a hug, rending its attacks worthless.

"Why, you're quite violent!"

".. hey.. I should call you Violet.."

He would then start rocking Violet gently like its some sort of infant..

Back
Top Bottom