Terraria Community Forums

The Ice Cube
The Ice Cube
What the hell are you talking about? They are fine.
Conjurer
Conjurer
"Maybe to you, but not to me"

Kidding. Maybe you have a larger screen than I do, but really, on seven-year-old desktops like this, I can hardly stand 1152*864. 1600*1200 would probably kill my eyes when it comes to the new sprites for tools and such.
Esreadel
Esreadel
Why would anyone squint to look at details in pixel art <-< Unless they have eye problems , which in that case they need to get checked , its not the games art fault.
The Ice Cube
The Ice Cube
1920x1080 resolution.
High quality textures.

That's what I'm using and it looks ok.

(1920x1080 is my native resolution cus big screen huehue)
Conjurer
Conjurer
@Esreadel If you're blind as me, sitting three feet from the screen you wouldn't tell a duck from a demon eye. And just starting Expert Mode that could mean instant death. But that's not the point.
The Ice Cube
The Ice Cube
Why would one sit 3 feet from his monitor?
Conjurer
Conjurer
@The Ice Cube I don't have a big screen though, and having to squint to see if that's a copper or silver ore block (or coin) isn't doing me too much good, amidst man-eaters...
Conjurer
Conjurer
And I sit three feet so I don't get even more blind than I am, and end up having to get new glasses every two months.
Conjurer
Conjurer
This isn't a bug, criticism or anything of that nature--and I'm not asking Re-Logic to revert back to the old sprites either. I'm just letting them know for future reference, like for Otherworld or Terraria 2 or something.
Esreadel
Esreadel
Maybe you could try going to an optometrist?
Conjurer
Conjurer
What for? I don't need anything as of now.

I haven't used my glasses for a while now, for...reasons I can't quite explain.
Crowno
Crowno
You are asking us to make "simpler" art because your resolution is too big (?) Sorry but I can't understand your argument.
Crowno
Crowno
Also, I appreciate your feedback regarding your issue, but the tendency is for future games to be even more detailed than Terraria, and not less detailed/simpler.
Ashyrae
Ashyrae
I think what the premise here is that, due to having poor up-close vision that is worsened by sitting closer to the screen, Conjurer would want lower-resolution textures so he could identify which item is what from a distance, WHILE keeping the same desktop resolution and not having to scale down to, say, 800x600.
Lazure
Lazure
Simpler, low resolution textures aren't quite so exciting or appealing, especially in Terraria's modern art direction. What the game needs is a scaling option to solve this particular problem for players whose eyesight ain't quite so good. Alas, the current engine may have trouble supporting such a thing. I am not the expert on that, however.
Back
Top Bottom