Terraria Community Forums

Bezixx
Bezixx
My tip - uninstalling.
No, just joking, didn't play myself, although I know how it looks.
Try picking ranged heroes at start, learn farming, don't greed for kills, farm more and buy items that are matching your character. Also try to play an easy one.
Also: teamwork.
Kazzymodus
Kazzymodus
Don't play anything but bot matches until you have a decent grasp of the mechanics, or you will be flamed, and it won't be fun.

Apart from that, start of with Strength heroes (preferably ones with at least one passive) Dragon Knight, Bristleback, Centaur Warrunner, until you know the skills of about 50% of the heroes (don't worry, that'll go quicker than it sounds).

Cont.
Kazzymodus
Kazzymodus
Then, gradually move on to the straightforward agility and intelligence heroes like Crystal Maiden, Vengeful Spirit, Juggernaut, Sniper and Lich. Once you understand hero mechanics, you can start to learn items and how they affect your hero. Around this point you're probably ready for proper online play.

Cont.
Kazzymodus
Kazzymodus
Buy wards if no one else does, and look for a guide on ward placement. They will win or lose you the game. Same goes for Dust if the enemy has invisible heroes.

Above all, enjoy yourself! DotA definitely has a steep learning curve, but it's absolutely worth it.
Bezixx
Bezixx
Juggernaut is pretty funny hero. He's not the easiest to play, has pretty weird skilling and building path, but his ultimate can wreck weaker players and you won't find enemies waiting to use immunity or evading items for just him, when there are other people in teamfights.
Bezixx
Bezixx
Because 12 high damage slashes that make you invulnerable are lots of fun. Lots of people use Drow Ranger, though.
PsychoAngel
PsychoAngel
Press the A key for an "attack move," allowing you to deny friendly creeps and towers if their health is low enough. When you deny a creep, the enemy gets 1/2 EXP and no gold. When you deny a tower, the enemy team gets significantly less gold for its destruction.
PsychoAngel
PsychoAngel
You can also A-click a friendly creep under tower to make said tower re-evaluate its aggro. Meaning that if you're being hit, and you A-click a creep, the tower will then begin firing at either A) The closest entity (if not attacked) or B) the closest entity currently attacking it.
stormconure
stormconure
My advice: ditch it and play LOL.
Back
Top Bottom