Terraria Community Forums

Xylia
Xylia
For example, if you have a path like c:\users\fu bar\desktop\emu\dos

it won't work. You'll have to type it like this:

c:\users\fu~1\desktop\emu\dos
Granger
Granger
Theres a ö... not sure if that breaks anything...
Granger
Granger
So can i just replace the word with the ö with its first few letters then ~1?
Xylia
Xylia
try it in windows command prompt. do a cd \ and then cd users, then... assuming it's fuöbar, try "cd fu~1" and see if it takes.
Xylia
Xylia
You'll wanna do every normal letter up until the ö and then the ~1, usually.
Xylia
Xylia
oh, and... first 6 letters only. For example "Program Files (x86)" is "progra~2" (because there's also a Program Files in the same folder). DOSbox faithfully emulates 16-bit DOS, which could not handle filenames with special characters or anything more than 8 letters. The ~x takes up 2 letters so the rest can't be any more than 6.
Granger
Granger
Doesnt look like it works.
Xylia
Xylia
hmm... it's difficult to tell you what to type without actually seeing the blurred out parts, but I understand the need for privacy. lemme look for something real quick.
Xylia
Xylia
Okay, duh. Let's do this. In dosbox, just do "mount c c:\" Once you've done that, type cd users and then type dir /w.
Xylia
Xylia
that should list all the folders in c:\users\.
Granger
Granger
lets just say users\fuböa\Desktop\fubar\emu\dos
Unless normall letters somehow matter??
Xylia
Xylia
then it should be c:\users\fub~1\desktop\fubar\emu\dos, but try what I said above, that will tell you for sure what it is.
Granger
Granger
the ö seems to get replaced by the divide symbol (not / the other one) i've no idea how to type.
Xylia
Xylia
huh. weird. lemme try making a folder with that symbol myself.
Xylia
Xylia
I got it. If the thing is fuöbar, do this:

when you go to type it, type the fu and then hold down the alt key and on the NUMBER PAD, type 0246 and then release the alt key. You should get that same symbol.
Granger
Granger
Kay thanks!
Xylia
Xylia
I don't know why, but the ö is 0246 and the ÷ is 0247 but for some weird reason, DOSBox is displaying the character map as +1 for some weird reason, so when you do 0246 you're actually getting 0247. Not sure why. That's weird.
Xylia
Xylia
Lemme know if it works!
Granger
Granger
Seems to work but the game asks for a CD i dont have....

FGWUIDWHDJS Why cant this be as convient as GBA emulation where i just boot the emu, load the rom and DONE.
Xylia
Xylia
You're trying to play age-old games on new-age computers, lol. Did you get the game from GOG? Or did you download a .iso?
Back
Top Bottom