Chisaki
Chisaki
@Xylia , because i'm too lazy to make a farm for money ; _ ______ ;
Chisaki
Chisaki
oh wow 8-15 plat thats a lot o > o
Xylia
Xylia
I don't build farms either, lol. Though as said above, I do fish a lot. I don't like smashing altars, so I fish up 100-150 crates before starting hardmode so I can open em all. Can also do it after hardmode if you got enough anti-biome tunnels dug.
Xylia
Xylia
See, thing about crate fishing, is when you open that many crates, sometimes you'll get 20-40g out of a single crate, and it is rather common AND you will have a lot of accessories, weapons, and armor to sell which usually go for a gold each.
Chisaki
Chisaki
:eek: !! okay! , though I get more boot and seaweed than crates in my time fishing :< xD
Chisaki
Chisaki
i'm bad with fishing I guess ? xD hahha
Xylia
Xylia
You're just fishing in ponds that are too small or are badly shaped. I would suggest looking fishing up on wiki, they explain how pond sizes actually work. If you catch any worthless item, that means the pool of water is simply too small. Even a wooden fishing pole with no fishing gear should not catch worthless items if the pool is big enough.
Xylia
Xylia
Though if you are already in hardmode, it might be a good idea to go fishing in another non-hardmode world instead until you can do some of the angler's quests to get the full suit of gear, the golden rod, and the 3 accessories that can be turned into the tackle bag. Once you do that you're ready for crates!
Tunnel King
Tunnel King
Upgrade your fishing gear and and you'll stop getting the junk. Fishing is OP for getting money.

And as far as recrafting over reforging - I mean craft 2-3, and reforge at the lowest cost each time. You should be able to upgrade wings fairly quickly in HM anyway, just by basic exploration.
Bezixx
Bezixx
I think you need about 200-300 blocks worth of water to actually have good luck with fishing. Also if there's a large pool but it has a few tiles going from surface slightly underwater somewhere in the middle, it is counted as 2 lakes, instead of 1.
Bezixx
Bezixx
I always fish in the Ocean myself, since it's large, has one of the better loot tables and also it's usually safer there, even in HM.
Xylia
Xylia
Basically, the game counts how many blocks to either side of your bobber until it hits a solid object. When it does, it then goes *straight* down until it hits the bottom and then repeats this back the other way and adds up how many blocks of water are in that area. (cont)
Xylia
Xylia
So if you have a 10x20 fishing hole, but you put a single stone block 5 blocks in, and then cast your line in, the game counts the 5 blocks between the shore and the single stone block, and then each column (which will be 20 each) and you end up with 100 viable blocks instead of 200. Remove that one block and you'll get 200 instead. And IIRC, it's 200. (cont)
Xylia
Xylia
So basic rule of thumb is, the surface of the water should be the widest part of the pool, mine anything out that overhangs, to make sure the surface of the water is unbroken unless you are sure that what's left is 200+ blocks of water. Later, when you get the Fishing Guide, you can see if a pool of water is big enough by seeing whether or not you have a penalty to fishing power.
Bezixx
Bezixx
I know how it works, though I said that in more simplistic way, because I don't think they really need an explanation for this, it works. Also after 300 you get no penalty to fishing power, whereas between 200-300 it's pretty small ( -10% or something around that? ).
Xylia
Xylia
And fishing only in the ocean will work, provided you are not interested in biome crates. Biome crates, as far as ore and money goes, are worth just as much as gold crates which are very rare hauls. Biome crates are slightly more common, and you can also get gold crates. My favorite thing to do is fish in Corruption/Crimson pre-hardmode and get a ton of those crates. Big money!
Xylia
Xylia
Is it 300? thought it was 200. mebbe not. But I was explaining more for their benefit, as it helps to know how exactly it works. But again, wiki has a neat little graphic that explains everything in one simple little pic.
Bezixx
Bezixx
If you wish for money or resources, then Ocean is the best. I remember that the most powerful Pre-HM pickaxe on par with Molten Pickaxe can be fished out there. Though some places or biomes have very specific loot that can be either useful or sold for a good money. I recommend getting Sitting Duck's Fishing Pole from Travelling Merchant once he sells it. It's very strong and good till you do 25 quests from Angler.
Chisaki
Chisaki
@TheBezixx , yeah I got that pickaxe <3 and I got the pre-hm chainsaaw there too :D
and ty for the tips ^^

@Xylia , Thanks for the tips! :D

@Tunnel King , Ty to you aswell!!

Ty!! , but wow -- 13 notifications in minutes > . > holy
Xylia
Xylia
If you want pure money and nothing else, nothing beats the Corruption. The Clubberfish that is caught there is INSANELY frequent catch and vendor for a gold each, though you pretty much need to utilize your piggy bank AND safe to make use of it. But once you get a good setup in the Corruption, dude... the Clubberfish catches add up fast and they are caught so ridiculously often.
Back
Top Bottom