Terraria Community Forums

Hie the Badger
Hie the Badger
Hie the Badger
I didn't click on this video to look for a way to disprove christianity. Philosophy would take more than *one step* to topple. I clicked on this because I saw the name "Impact Video Ministries" and was like.
k9rtG6X.gif
Hie the Badger
Hie the Badger
And I was right. It's bait as :red:. Im a christian now.
Hie the Badger
Hie the Badger
Only kidding. Still pagan.
Xylia
Xylia
I'm kinda confused as to why you posted this...? The video starts out trying (but failing) to disprove Christianity and ends with pretty much saying "Christianity looks like the only right way"?
Xylia
Xylia
But the guy in the video makes a good point -- if you can't disprove His death and resurrection, then you've no recourse than to accept the rest of what the Bible says.
Hie the Badger
Hie the Badger
I posted it because I wanted to get your opinion on it. It doesn't transition correctly into its final point like proper propaganda, so it not very effective of causing that kind of psychological reaction. Deception is an art and I'd respect it if they remade this video to be more effective, even if it doesn't change my mind.
Hie the Badger
Hie the Badger
But that probably won't happen.
Xylia
Xylia
IMO, I think the video was meant to be a neutral approach to "Is Christianity believable/historically supported/can it be disproven?" and the answer to that appears to be "yes, yes, and no". I don't think it was supposed to be a propaganda.
Xylia
Xylia
IMO, the video author appears to be trying to approach it with an actual neutral stance, neither yes nor no until the end of the video where he goes "Welp, if we can't disprove Him, then I guess the only recourse is to believe in Him".
Hie the Badger
Hie the Badger
Well for lack of a better word. No insult intended. But we both have religions. Its good to make sure we can stand on them.
Xylia
Xylia
"Religion" is a simple word, to be honest. Religion is basically one's view or belief towards God. You either believe in God, gods, or a god, or you believe that no god exists. Either way, you have a belief concerning God. I know Atheists usually hate this, but Atheism is also a religion.
Xylia
Xylia
Either way, I always leave the door open, if you or anybody wants to talk about the Bible and Christianity in PMs or somewhere. Always happy to talk about the many reasons why I believe, without trying to shovel it down someone's throat.
Hie the Badger
Hie the Badger
The thing is. We are all called to something, and gotta see it through. That's why I have no issue with you. You are the nicest christian I met, even since the :red: I got put through in that christian summer camp.
Xylia
Xylia
There are Christians, and there are people who wear the Christian clothes but are not Christians (the Bible even says this). I am deeply sorry that your experience with "Christians" has soured your opinion towards the faith in general. If there's one thing that I promised God, it was that I would do my very best to *not* be someone who turns anybody away from Him.
Xylia
Xylia
But I also understand your position -- I cannot force anybody to turn to Him. He won't even do that, so who would I be to attempt it myself? That's why I don't force the issue with anybody.
Hie the Badger
Hie the Badger
Well on my end, I am not allowed to blatantly bash other religions let alone try to convert anyone.. you have to be called.
Hie the Badger
Hie the Badger
By the way. HAve you ever been in AWANAS?
Xylia
Xylia
Been in.... what?
Back
Top Bottom