Terraria Community Forums

Xylia
Xylia
A lot of people whine endlessly about how much of a "ripoff" it is, but meh. I like it. I don't regret buying it whatsoever. I'd have to give it a solid 8 out of 10, maybe 8.5 because man, they really made battle and movement a lot smoother.
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
How Is It A Ripoff That's Like Saying Kingdom Hearts 2 Ripped Off Kingdom Hearts God Some People.
No That's Like Saying FF12 TZA Ripped Of FF12 IZJS
Xylia
Xylia
People are saying SoM is a "Ripoff" because it is "too expensive" because they think it has "cheap phone graphics".
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
It Was Made In What, 2004? They Have Their Hands Full With KH3 And FF7 Remake, Which, I Would Prefer Over SoM, But I Am An Avid Fan Of The Former.
If They Made A Full, Complete Remake Of SoM, It Wouldn't Be Out Until 2028, And I Would Prefer "Poor Graphics" Over Over A Ten Year Release Date. SE Is BAD For Taking Years To Make New Games Now.
Xylia
Xylia
SoM was made in 1993, actually. And eh... that FF7 remake... see, I was a fan of the original FF7. Not a rabid die-hard #1 fan type thing where I'd gush on and on and on about the game, but I liked it. The remake they're doing? No Freaking Thanks.
Xylia
Xylia
They are basically turning it into a KH-like game (no offense to KH, but it ain't my thing). I wanted a simple remaster, but they're doing a whole reboot, a complete overhaul of the entire game which is a huge turnoff.
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
Wow I Was Way Off.
But, I Think They Shouldn't Have Marketed It As A Remake, Because If People Are Complaining About The Graphics, A) They Didn't Actually Change The Graphics Much, Or B) They Are Just Spoiled.
But Maybe Both.
If They Marketed It As A Re-Release Or Re-Master, People Probably Wouldn't Be Whining As Bad.
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
But They Marketed It As A Remake, Which People Would Assume It Would Have Completely Different, New Age, Not 1990's Graphics.
Xylia
Xylia
Well, see, thing is, it ISN'T 1990's graphics if you're talking about SoM. People complain that it is, but seriously, anybody who has actually PLAYED it and can look objectively at it, the graphics are quite sharp and crisp and far, FAR better than anything you would have seen in the 90s, or even pre-2010.
Xylia
Xylia
It is easily 1080p, but yet it is also cartoony. You can only get so detailed with a cartoony style. If you didn't use a cartoony style then you would have broken the original aesthetic that the original was going for and that would have been even worse. I mean, seriously, look up some youtube videos that are in HD of the remake... notice how the flowers, tree leaves, etc are all animated and blow in the wind. etc.
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
Well, I Never Really Played SoM, So I'm Talking Blind Here.
Xylia
Xylia
You should try it! The ROM ain't all that hard to find, and BSNES should run on anything that was made within the last 5 years, so...
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
Ok. I Think I Can Speak With A Liiittle More Experience When I Say. Not What I Was Expecting. What Was I Expecting? Well, Moving Faces, For One. While I'm Not Saying "UGH THIS GAME IS HORRIBLE BCZ FACES DON'T MOVE LIEK DAT" But I Believe That Is A Black Spot Big Enough For Ruthless Hatred (Just Not From Me.)
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
And, When I Said "Not 1990's Graphics", I Meant It Wouldn't Use Sprites. Apologies For The Confusion.
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
(Also, This Is The Second Time I've Necro'd This Comment Chain *Laughing Hiss*
Xylia
Xylia
Well, the lip synching thing is meh. It doesn't bother me, because I was around to see games Pre-VA and when VA was young, so lol.
Back
Top Bottom