Terraria Community Forums

Tachytaenius
Tachytaenius
More than JUST trump's greed, though.
Xylia
Xylia
To be honest, I don't think anybody has a right to complain about oil consumption until they acknowledge the elephant in the room that is NASCAR and things like tractorpulling rodeos. Wasting fuel for no practical reason.
Xylia
Xylia
I mean, does anybody stop to think of how many gallons of fuel it takes to propel a racecar at... what again, 150mph+, around a track 300 times? That's just.....one.... car. There's what, a couple dozen of them doing this at any given race?
Xylia
Xylia
That one car in that one race probably uses more fuel than a normal person driving a normal 4-door to and from work in an entire year.
Xylia
Xylia
so I googled it... an average racecar gets about 5MPG.... the Daytona 500 for example is obviously 500 miles. That means that 1 car uses 100 gallons of fuel. There were 40 cars at the Daytona 500 in 2018. So.. that comes out to 4,000 gallons of fuel used roughly.
Xylia
Xylia
By comparison, my car gets ~22 MPG... my commute to work is 14 miles round-trip. Using this math, I could have driven to work and back 6,285 times. Given that I work roughly 5 shifts per week, this would be enough fuel for me to work for the next 24 years.
Jetstreme ∞
Jetstreme ∞
Ah yes, Trump's greed is just so out of control, which is why he decided to literally not get paid a single cent for his main job for the next four years
Back
Top Bottom