Terraria Community Forums

Flameofice
Flameofice
no game lasts forever m80

you can throw as much content into Terraria as you like, but eventually the very core of the game will get old
sodapone🌳
sodapone🌳
games have had longer runs than terraria without going stale

though a lack of constant updates is definitely detrimental
DestroyerOfTheDestroyer
DestroyerOfTheDestroyer
Yeah, I know. I was putting it out there mainly so that... well, so that people KNOW. This is the internet, you're SUPPOSED to output constant whining, right?
Xylia
Xylia
@Flameofice : this is the very same mentality that makes it difficult for companies to do remakes/remasters of beloved games. I remember when Yooka-Laylee came out and people slammed it left and right for being "an old game" when that was its purpose from the get-go. It was MEANT to be a new game that runs on modern systems that gives people the tingly nostalgia of things like Banjo-Kazooie.
Xylia
Xylia
It's not that the "core game" gets old, it's just that we run out of content, and will run out of content inevitably and there's no way to pump out content faster than we can consume it. People need to realize that Terraria is a game you play for awhile, take a break, come back when the new version/mod/whatever comes out for it.
Snickerbobble
Snickerbobble
With how long it's been, hopefully the next update will have quite a bit to do. I just wish there were more spoilers dropped here and there, going months with nothing is a little rough :p

But with OW canned, maybe they'll be able to finish this update sooner than expected?
Xylia
Xylia
Well, thing with OW is, is that they were out-sourcing OW's development, which meant that very little of Re-Logic's manpower was going into it. So I dunno if that would actually speed development up or not, unless they could re-allocate whoever was overseeing OW or something I dunno.
Back
Top Bottom