Terraria Community Forums

Xylia
Xylia
Meh, it's all about happy mediums. No, I don't think asking when the next update right after an update is something anybody should do, but yet going two years+ I can understand if people are wondering when the update would be. *shrug* Somewhere in the middle.
neoselket
neoselket
In my opinion, games should stop updating past a certain point. Like minecraft. It was started eight years ago and they're still updating, i assume because they think only constant updating is keeping people interested, meanwhile there's great games like portal that haven't updated since launch(or only a few times).
Xylia
Xylia
A game should stop updating when the developers run out of ideas for the game to be honest. If Minecraft can think of good ideas of things to add to the game, then by all means they should do it if they feel it is cost effective to do so. Better than trying to release Minecraft2 and have it end up like "same but just a few new assets" thing like other people have done.
ppowersteef
ppowersteef
The first line was exagerrated. But it kept me in thought in relationship of 1.3.6 and the rumored 1.4.

For me, I think at one point there should be a limit in the amount of updates. But that varies for each genre. Games with a focus on online multiplayer should stay interesting. While a game with a fixed story/progression is better off to move on at some point.
Back
Top Bottom