Terraria Community Forums

Xylia
Xylia
Yeah, that one in the video is #7. Though to be fair, the sci-fi isn't until right near the end of the game. I mean, c'mon, you gotta admit that after slogging through the game against powerful foes, it's fun to get a full set of machinegun blasters and go to town on dragons and titans with them, lol.
Daikonradish
Daikonradish
Fun indeed. To bring the pain to the monsters that tormented you over the course of your journey. Yeah, thought this was from a Mega Man-related stream. `:p
Xylia
Xylia
Suppose I could have written it M&M7. Hehe.
Daikonradish
Daikonradish
It's fascinating how the series overall managed to keep those aspects consistent compared to its contemporaries that may slowly phase them out in favor of plain fantasy.
Xylia
Xylia
Mostly... in #8, there are no blasters or spaceships at all. I haven't played #9 because I've heard it's a buggy mess and #10 was done by a different dev studio altogether.

Buuuuuut.
Daikonradish
Daikonradish
That's wicked sick! ':eek:
Xylia
Xylia
In #8 ... the recruitable dragon IS the blaster and you can get him right near the beginning of the game. Once you get off of Tutorial island... you can run straight to Garrote Gorge and as long as you don't aggro any naga, you can go grab Ithilgore and give him any horseshoes you picked up.
Xylia
Xylia
He'll get Expert Dragon skill and you get the Fly spell like... almost the beginning of the game, along with a character who can one-shot nearly anything (at that point in the game), whose attacks are always ranged and never miss.
Daikonradish
Daikonradish
It's a way to get new players up to speed.
Xylia
Xylia
Yeah, #6 had the NWC dungeon... which is basically the dev studio's office recreated in-game. It's accessible at the very beginning of the game if you know it's there and it allows you to get a crazy leg-up. #7 has the Day of the Gods pedestal on the newbie island which turns your party into killing machines.
Xylia
Xylia
Only thing about that NWC dungeon...... when you take the teleport there. Most people are going to get slaughtered in 2 seconds flat because there's like 20+ dragons floating near it as soon as you come out of the teleport. Gotta know exactly what you're supposed to do there or you die very quickly.
Daikonradish
Daikonradish
From what I read on The Cutting Room Floor, this seems to be another recurring theme and a standout among others' dev-related locations.
Xylia
Xylia
Yeah, the NWC dungeon is in 7 and 8 too, but there's nothing in them worth noting, as in both 7 and 8, you don't get access to the place until right at the end of the game.
Xylia
Xylia
The one in #6 though, allows you to make stat-up potions for your whole party, lets you get at least 2 books of Inferno spell for anybody who gets Fire magic, a Majestic Chain Mail (with some save scumming), 10k gold, infinite food and some other stuff.
Daikonradish
Daikonradish
Having went through the articles, I don't know where I should start. I know that what I'll choose is something to prioritize over Drakkhen. `:)
Xylia
Xylia
Depends. If you don't mind archaic graphics and lots of keyboard use with very little mouse inputs... Personally, 4&5 are the best of the DOS games. #3 is also okay but not quite as good. But if that is too primitive/archaic for your tastes, then #6 is where you should start. The thing about #6, 7, and 8 though... you need the Greyface patches.
Xylia
Xylia
Just google "greyface might and magic" and you'll find his site easily enough and they are simple and easy to install. Also, all of these games are cheap on GOG.
Xylia
Xylia
Also, if you're going to go for 4&5, make sure you have both installed simultaneously. The two games seamlessly link together to form one massive game world.
Daikonradish
Daikonradish
I'll take note of that! The thought of two games forming a massive world intrigues me. `:happy:
Xylia
Xylia
It's a really, REALLY neat setup. Basically in 4&5... it's a flat world. #4 takes place on the light side of the world, and #5 takes place on the dark side (the underside) of the world. basically a giant slab in space and you can travel between the two seamlessly if you have both games installed. I will warn you, the difficulty is much higher than today's games. save, and save often.
Back
Top Bottom