Terraria Community Forums

Buffling
Buffling
For "all the matter and energy in the universe" to exist, it had to come from somewhere. From an agnostic point of view, where did matter and energy come from? Another source says, "At that time (of the "big bang"), the universe contained nothing but hydrogen and a small amount of helium." As Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz once said, "Why is there something rather than nothing?"
Buffling
Buffling
So, why was there matter, energy, hydrogen, and helium in "the beginning"? Where did that matter come from? The origin of the universe cannot be explained using the scientific method, and thus it cannot be recreated or observed. This points to the fact that no matter what theories come up, such as the "big bang", it is entirely a theory, and relies on purely on idea.
Buffling
Buffling
There are two types of nothing. A something nothing, and a nothing nothing. Atheists have to believe in a something nothing, because everything had to come from somewhere, and something can't scientifically come from absolutely nowhere. Christians believe in a nothing nothing. Just God. No atoms, no heaven, no time, just God.
Buffling
Buffling
To me, the only reasonable explanation for the creation of the universe and matter is a god. Now, neither "parties" have any provable evidence to support their theories as to the origin of the universe. Christians rely on the Bible, and Agnostics rely on the theories of men.
Buffling
Buffling
None of us were there, and none of us can or will be able to exactly prove the beginning of the universe, but I hope my writing has been enlightening or at the very least entertaining
Jackiethederg
Jackiethederg
You've been doing some thinking, huh?
Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
If energy can not be created or destroyed then that could mean that it always has existed and could be in a cycle with no end or beginning. Black holes could play a role in this because they're the only thing we know of that can take energy and matter and compress it into a singular point.
Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
Though, from what I recall, black holes can 'evaporate'. So... that's where that falls apart and there's also the fact that this is my loosest of understandings of our collective understanding of how the universe works.
Yoop90-
Yoop90-
what will happen at the end?
tenor.gif
Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
The end is merely another beginning and the beginning was an end.
Kane Schmitz
Kane Schmitz
I say it just reloads the save file
Daikon Ocelot
Daikon Ocelot
Well, I'd say that the universe is just like a server, but way bigger,
Mug Not Found
Mug Not Found
This made me think too deep man.
If it takes an infinite amount of time for our universe to end (not just everything in it, but the universe itself) than it wouldn't be too far fetched to say that an extremely large amount of time passed before the big bang happened, and since so much time had passed maybe something randomly happened to set the big bang. I needed this.
Back
Top Bottom