Search results for query: *

• Users: Rufus
  • Order by date
  1. Rufus

It may be a bit of a mongrel language these days but as we adapt into a global community it...

It may be a bit of a mongrel language these days but as we adapt into a global community it seems to be the natural order of things. The English language itself has many, say Indian words, like Bungalow, Jungle and Khaki that were integrated during colonial times.
  2. Rufus

3. The markets tricked themselves into thinking Remain would win at 10pm, made a load of dodgy...

3. The markets tricked themselves into thinking Remain would win at 10pm, made a load of dodgy trades and are now dealing with the consequences. These are the same sort of people who caused the economic crash, they deserve to lose their money
  3. Rufus

2. It would be foolish at this stage to say that immigration is going to be reduced, but in this...

2. It would be foolish at this stage to say that immigration is going to be reduced, but in this new environment where we will have 100% control over it, if parties want to get votes they will HAVE to reduce it
  4. Rufus

And not just for Britain but for the whole of Europe! We've given hope to millions of others...

And not just for Britain but for the whole of Europe! We've given hope to millions of others around the continent.
  5. Rufus

Ah why thank you! Yes I tell you I have been lurking a bit but keep forgetting to log in, nevermind!

Ah why thank you! Yes I tell you I have been lurking a bit but keep forgetting to log in, nevermind!
  6. Rufus

Dawn rises over a new Britain that's voted to leave the European Union. Happy Independence Day...

Dawn rises over a new Britain that's voted to leave the European Union. Happy Independence Day! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC8qUqayyJc
  7. Rufus

Okay, cool you've convinced me. I'll get it, been needing a new game anyway.

Okay, cool you've convinced me. I'll get it, been needing a new game anyway.
  8. Rufus

I had considered checking out this Undertale game but it seems that most of the story has been...

I had considered checking out this Undertale game but it seems that most of the story has been revealed in profile posts already. Nevermind!
  9. Rufus

Conflict also drives progress though. If we lived in some biblical unchanging world of...

Conflict also drives progress though. If we lived in some biblical unchanging world of perfection we would have never invented or discovered anything. It's similar to how the need for adaptation has driven evolution in biology. If there is a world out there where all forms of life live in...
  10. Rufus

I'm thoroughly convinced that the world is more peaceful today than it ever has been. Society as...

I'm thoroughly convinced that the world is more peaceful today than it ever has been. Society as a whole very quickly forgets the famines and civil wars of the 1970s and 80s, or the terrorism, revolutions and genocides of the 1990s. Our grandparents could have been obliterated by nuclear weapons...
  11. Rufus

Oh yes it's definitely been organised. Radical Islam works much like a personality cult and it...

Oh yes it's definitely been organised. Radical Islam works much like a personality cult and it only requires one propaganda video to inspire a group of disaffected Muslims to emulate and spread the terror in the Middle East. Like many soldiers they don't realise they are just the expendable...
  12. Rufus

Not convinced ISIS orchestrated this attack personally. Islamic extremism and terrorism...

Not convinced ISIS orchestrated this attack personally. Islamic extremism and terrorism pre-dates ISIS and it will continue after they're gone. It will be interesting to see if the attackers were French-born citizens but it won't lead to any meaningful policy change regardless of the situation.
  13. Rufus

Just watched the Republican debate on YouTube...Such nonsense would have ended the career of...

Just watched the Republican debate on YouTube...Such nonsense would have ended the career of every single candidate had it been in the UK.
  14. Rufus

My parents specifically prevented me from watching Pokemon. "You're not watching that Japanese...

My parents specifically prevented me from watching Pokemon. "You're not watching that Japanese crap!" I only caught a few episodes when visiting friends, felt pretty left out though. Hmm, I just realised how much I miss the lazy afternoons playing Animal Crossing spending hours catching bugs and...
  15. Rufus

I have little respect for people who make YouTube videos as a source of income. YouTube was...

I have little respect for people who make YouTube videos as a source of income. YouTube was never supposed to be about that. Where have the people gone who made videos as a hobby for no reason other than to be creative. YouTube has become thoroughly corrupt and many of the 'creators' of popular...
  16. Rufus

You gotta treat others how they treat you! And also if the number of 'followers' and 'following'...

You gotta treat others how they treat you! And also if the number of 'followers' and 'following' don't match it would annoy me
  17. Rufus

Isn't fluorine added to drinking water or something? Maybe those conspiracy nutcases know what...

Isn't fluorine added to drinking water or something? Maybe those conspiracy nutcases know what they're talking about if it's poisonous.
  18. Rufus

I don't like buckets of water as such because one murdered the Wicked Witch of the West who was...

I don't like buckets of water as such because one murdered the Wicked Witch of the West who was a personal childhood hero of mine but you're fine!
  19. Rufus

*Vent* There's someone on this forum who I've come to despise. I'm proud of the restraint I've...

*Vent* There's someone on this forum who I've come to despise. I'm proud of the restraint I've shown by refusing to comment on their posts.
  20. Rufus

They don't make them liked they used to! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cjnQ0qzrwk

They don't make them liked they used to! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cjnQ0qzrwk
Back
Top Bottom