Search results for query: *

• Users: Aceplante
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. A

Portfolio/Multi-Topic My take on the thrower class

I would actually like to see the thrower as a fully fleshed out class in Terraria, even if it may not be as easy and free as some of the others. Easier is not always better, perhaps this class could embody that principle. First, all the weapons that currently are/feel like they are "thrown"...
  2. A

Items Blowtorch (preHM flamethrower)

The Blowtorch would be a PreHM flamethrower with slightly shorter range and damage, but gives the player an actual use for all that gel you've undoubtedly been hoarding. Sold by the mechanic. This item also would give the devs another opportunity to have each gel type do something unique when...
  3. A

Items Supersonic Arrows

I would like to suggest Supersonic Arrows, aka high velocity arrows. I dont know what stats would be fair but it would be fairly useful with early game bows that dont convert the arrows to some other projectile. I had this idea a LONG time ago but I dont think Ive gotten around to posting it...
  4. A

Game Mechanics Set Bonuses We Need

Boulder Armor that decreases jump height, but is incredibly tanky for an early game armor set. Also makes you fall faster but take increased fall damage A cloud set that gives you extra jumps. Craftable early game? A space set with built in rocket boot thrusters. Later game but crafted from...
  5. A

Weapons & Equip Bloodlust Shortsword/Amulet

A new HM shortsword that ramps up in damage slightly but indefinitely for each consecutive hit without taking damage. Could also be implemented as an accessory that applies this condition to the copper shortsword/all swortswords making them useful even lategame for the truly skilled players...
  6. A

Game Mechanics Make weapons feel like their class

I am a strong proponent of making melee weapons actually feel like melee, but I have just realized there are several other weapons from other classes that don't really fit either, so I'm making one thread to address all of them. The main culprits coming to mind are: Solar Eruption: some...
  7. A

Items Endless Copper Coin

Dropped by the pirate invasion, an ammo item that provides infinite copper coin ammo for the coin gun. Can also be sold to NPCs for 20 gold/one of ANY item for free? Perhaps it also does something if thrown into shimmer? Could max out coin luck for a while, similar to the platinum coin, but...
  8. A

Game Mechanics Ancient Manipulator crafting recipe change

It feels weird for the cultist to just drop an entire crafting station. This results in the player having tons of them since the cultist is required each time you wish to farm the lunar events. I would like to suggest that the cultist instead drop a new crafting material called ancient...
  9. A

NPCs & Enemies Toilet Boss

I would like to suggest a new pre hardmode mechanical toilet boss. For attacks, his lid opens to preform a bite attack, swings his arm/a plunger, he can spit/spray water, cough up toilet paper, and he has a lunge attack where he tries to trap you then "flushes" repeatedly (dealing minor damage...
  10. A

Items Hibernation Pod

Basically a vertical bed. Functionally identical. The player sprite stays vertical in it, and gradually closes his eyes as time speeds up. I feel like I've seen this before, perhaps In a thread, but I couldn't find it so maybe this was just an idea I had and never posted. But yea it would be cool
  11. A

Items Ultra Rare Drops

It would be cool to have insanely rare drops to provide endgame players something to grind for if they wish. Imagine shinies from Pokémon. These could be called "Gilded" drops? These gilded enemies could be distinguishable by both texture and sparkles? >Items Golden Lens: .01% spawnrate (1%...
  12. A

Weapons & Equip Spooky Skeleton Ring

A ring that summons clunky skeletons that slap enemies. Extra damage during halloween or in a graveyard. Dances to placed music boxes when idle (if there are no enemies nearby). Obtained from the graveyard, maybe from a new tougher rare enemy similar to the bride/groom? Skeleton King...
  13. A

Items Joyous Ride (jetpack)

"Joyous Ride": A machine gun that sprays bullets powerful enough to propel you in the opposite direction when fired. Meaning, that by aiming at a downward angle, you could use it to both attack enemies on the ground, and for pseudo flight! Decent damage, very fast fire rate, and strong...
  14. A

Items Space/Void Crate

There is currently no crate for the space layer, and there should be. Hardmode variant would be the "Void crate". It would have a black swirling and starry texture. With my proposed rework to the space layer as described in this post (My Space Biome Ideas), being in the space layer long enough...
  15. A

Items More special event fish?

I have previously suggested that every event in terraria should have some sort of crate (The Rest of the Fishing Crates) but I got to thinking, what about funny looking fish? Here are a few basic ideas I came up with: -Lihzard fish in the temple -Goblin fish for the goblin invasion -Captain...
  16. A

Game Mechanics Fix Axe of Regrowth Recipe/stats

The axe of regrowth is objectively the most useful axe in the game. You can go around and chop trees for wood and it automatically replants the acorns for free. Which would be okay if there was an actual downside, such as chopping trees slower or having a harder/endgame recipe... but no. It is...
  17. A

Secret World Seed Not the Slimes Seed

Slime seed. Stone would be replaced with a new stone called "slimy stone" that takes an extra hit to break. Honey would appear blue, and be renamed to "slime", and hive blocks would be replaced with slime blocks. Lava would be more ~slimy~ and be called "molten slime". Whenever a non-boss...
  18. A

Weapons & Equip Chaos Sword

It is a common talking point by now that the Rod of Discord feels too rare, and that we should therefore add some sort of Chaos Fragment and have it be crafted out of that, so each kill makes progress rather than relying solely on RNG to get the rod directly all at once. And even then what if...
  19. A

Game Mechanics The issue with "vanity"

As I have stated in other threads, I do not support "vanity" as a mechanic. It allows you to unfairly hide your true armor, which maybe is okay in singleplayer since the only player you're harming is yourself, but cheesy and unfair when it comes to multiplayer. If you want to wear a vanity set...
  20. A

Game Mechanics Not so useless players (slapping/swimming)

It is currently next to impossible to do an itemless start. The only way to break blocks is to have a tool, and the only way to kill things is with a sword. So if you decide to do a challenge run and start without these, the only way to progress is to... collect 50 silver from surface pots...
Back
Top Bottom