Weapons & Equip Chaos Sword

Aceplante

Official Terrarian
It is a common talking point by now that the Rod of Discord feels too rare, and that we should therefore add some sort of Chaos Fragment and have it be crafted out of that, so each kill makes progress rather than relying solely on RNG to get the rod directly all at once. And even then what if you miss it (to which I say add a treasure bell).

But, perhaps there could be a new sword crafted out of these chaos fragments that deals a random amount of damage per swing, with random effects like the zapinator (shaking, suddenly larger, throws a projectile version of it, etc)? Sometimes it can be terrible, sometimes it can be insanely good.

I like the idea of some randomized elements, and feel like a weapon with it could be fun.

Last edited:
(Based on the part about shimmer recrafting, since you didn't mention how it would work.)
A much better way to implement this is to make the numbers Varie per swing, instead of staying constant from when you craft it (One hit can do 12 damage and another can do 60.) The range is up to you, but it should also have a way to attack at range, since it's much better for boss fights, where the sword will be much more useful.

(Based on the part about shimmer recrafting, since you didn't mention how it would work.)
A much better way to implement this is to make the numbers Varie per swing, instead of staying constant from when you craft it (One hit can do 12 damage and another can do 60.) The range is up to you, but it should also have a way to attack at range, since it's much better for boss fights, where the sword will be much more useful.
This is exactly what I had in mind and I think this would be more fun. You could also have a similar "chaos armor" where it could either be terrible or really good.

I was actually thinking that, but decided that would mean it would all average out, so what makes it different than a normal sword? I suppose thats still better though

I'd rather it act moreso with random effects like the Zapinator

also do you mind making a sprite
I do actually. I cant sprite :D

Back
Top Bottom