Search results for query: *

1. Darkstar01

PC Not the Cheese! (Pre-hardmode Queen Bee cheese strategy)

It's a pun of "Not the bees!", the name of a Terraria achievement, which is also a movie quote.
  2. Darkstar01

PC Not the Cheese! (Pre-hardmode Queen Bee cheese strategy)

Queen Bee. Five second kills. Pre-hardmode items only. Master mode. Easy setup. No skill required. Interested? From my Steam guide (Steam Community :: Guide :: Not the Cheese!, rate it up if you liked this), but I'll reproduce the main points here. The farm works by baiting Queen Bee into...
  3. Darkstar01

tModLoader Official tModLoader Help Thread

I found the problem; I had adjusted item.width and item.height to match the sprite, but had not done so for projectile.width and projectile.height. After fixing the latter values, it loaded properly. I understand why that would cause an error, but it still doesn't make sense to me why it said...
  4. Darkstar01

Yes; I just checked and all three files were in the PNG format.
  5. Darkstar01

I'm having some problems getting the beginning of my small mod to run. The code builds properly, but attempting to load it gives an error message, stating that I don't have certain files, which I do actually have. It states that FriendStarItem and FriendStarBuff are not in the requisite folder...
  6. Darkstar01

New Type of Engine! Fireworks?

I didn't know that type of firework could activate teal pressure pads. I wonder if there are any unique applications for these...
  7. Darkstar01

Showcase [Showcase] elemenT - Elementary cellular automaton

Whoa, that's insane! I've never seen anything like it.
  8. Darkstar01

Help

Cobwebs can hold up pillars of sand, so knocking them out with a projectile, such as from a dart trap, could also work, depending on your needs.
  9. Darkstar01

Adventure Map Mechanics: Tips and Tricks

This is a guide that I originally released on Steam. There have been some minor formatting alterations to accommodate this site, but it is otherwise essentially the same as the original. If you found this guide helpful, please consider visiting the original guide page and giving it a thumbs up...
  10. Darkstar01

Unusual Bubble Block Lava/Water Interaction

I was testing out a water duplication mechanism yesterday, and I made an unusual discovery. Bubble blocks do not allow liquid to pass through them, and can thus be used to reroute the flow of liquids, and contain them in a way that doesn't impede foot traffic. Liquids can also be stored in the...
  11. Darkstar01

Most Annoying thing that's happened to you...?

I was fighting the Pumpkin Moon on console Terraria a while back, and I got killed during one of the last few waves. I built my house in that world such that the only way to enter or exit was via a nearby teleporter. This was supposed to protect me and my NPCs, but it horrifically backfired when...
  12. Darkstar01

What's something you do during boss fights or events, that isn't considered to be wise?

I do that myself, though it's actually a tactical decision in my case. I use the walls and ceilings to block Plantera's projectiles, and fire through the walls at it using a Death Sickle. I usually still need to do a little prep, though, in checking out the map, otherwise I'll get lost, and that...
  13. Darkstar01

[Competition] Platinum afk farm

If I may ask, are you certain that the statue-spawned enemies drop coins via the Lucy Coin effect? The wiki claims that they don't, but if they didn't, I'm not sure how you could have managed such a high coin output (unless you were just absurdly lucky). Also, how is it that you can spawn so...
  14. Darkstar01

Wait, does this need to be with only traps, etc, or can it involve summoned minions?
  15. Darkstar01

Wow, that was quick. Also, once I'm finished, do I send you the world file to verify it? And by 'any biome', does that include hybrid biomes?
  16. Darkstar01

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but is there any way to measure platinum per hour other than running the farm for an hour?
  17. Darkstar01

I need help with the destroyer

Weapons with piercing capabilities, or piercing ammo, are highly effective against the Destroyer due to the fact that it's myriad segments each have individual hitboxes. A particularly well-known, and deadly combination is the Daedalus Stormbow firing Holy Arrows. Defensively speaking, an arena...
  18. Darkstar01

When Do Jungle Temples Spawn?

Jungle Temple mobs spawn on Lihzahrd Bricks when the player is standing in front of Lihzahrd Brick Walls. If the top of the temple is excavated, the temple mobs can spawn outside if the player is standing in the entrance. There are also a number of methods to enter the temple itself early...
  19. Darkstar01

Is there a better program than T-edit? (I didn't know where to post this)

I don't know of any other programs like it. It should be noted that the first time you open the sprites tab during a given session, it will load all of the sprites, which will take several seconds. If you use the tab's search function to display only specific sprites, it will come up much more...
  20. Darkstar01

PC Ultra Glowing Mushroom Farm (Just for Fun)

Wow, ha ha ha, that's crazy! I never knew mushrooms could grow on intangible blocks. And the scale of the farm is just... beautiful. This is just so satisfying to watch; I love it!
Back
Top Bottom