PC 1.3.0.3 Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Vampire Knives and the Spectre Hood aren't okay, but exploiting the Nurse's healing ability is perfectly fine?

If push comes to shove, I may need to try that, but there's something really disengaging about getting patched up by a nurse in the middle of an epic clash against a gargantuan space monster. I wouldn't be surprised if that got hotfixed very soon.

I keep losing my Piggy Bank... I don't think it's a bug, I probablly am just careless... But having something to locate lost Piggy Banks and safes would be great. Man, this update has so much content! Finding all the new items will take some time... It would be creat to have an official Terraria custom weapon maker... I don't know. BTW I found a nymph but she started fleeing for some reason. Never seen her since that. Too bad.

Do you want us to be 96 years old crapping into a plastic bag still trying to figure out how to defeat Cthulhu or do you want us to feel like we are making achievements and making progress?

You should let us power through this with lifesteal items like you've let us do since you released those items. This is a brick wall for 75% of people who play this game and considering it's a game about diversity and build variety it's really a bum move to prohibit us from doing what we do.

It's like if Sega released a patch for Sonic the Hedgehog that prevented you from jumping on robotniks' head during the final boss battle. If they did that they'd just P off alot of kids and depress alot of adults as they shout at the screen and break their consoles. Which is what you've done to us.
They didn't undo the nerf of Rod of Discord after tons of complaints, they're not going to undo balancing to this either. It's no use. Try to challenge yourself instead of using a cookie cutter build.

They didn't undo the nerf of Rod of Discord after tons of complaints, they're not going to undo balancing to this either. It's no use. Try to challenge yourself instead of using a cookie cutter build.

So instead we should use cookie cutter tactics right? TPing to the nurse and back again seems to be the new go-to.

The Rod of Discord was nerfed due to pvp applications as I recall - a balancing issue relative to player vs player combat that fixed an easily abused item mechanic. That's quite different from completely erasing a weapon and an armor set's functionality altogether.

Its really quite simple - if they didn't think Moon Lord was hard enough - they should make him harder via his own mechanics/life pool/etc - not punish the player for choosing a weapon or armor type they enjoy. If the debuff were something a vigilant player could avoid, interrupt or stop - I wouldn't mind it at all, but being that you are GOING to get leeched and the debuff is GOING to happen - its a bull:red: tactic.

Last edited:
Try to challenge yourself instead of using a cookie cutter build.
The Moon Lord was pretty challenging for me even before 1.3.0.3. I actually beat it the night before the patch went live and felt very happy with what I had accomplished.

Waking up immediately the next day to receive this change and the confusing, mixed information that followed -- some people say that the leeches and their healing debuff can be removed, others are outright saying that life draining weapons have been made irrelevant against the Moon Lord, and good riddance -- has really soured the experience for me.

Edit: Agreed with Ripper. A mechanic you actually had to manage and could work against would be much more enjoyable than slapping a "NO LIFE-DRAINING ALLOWED" sign on the boss and calling it a day.

Hey guys, i'm finding some issues. Some Achievements aren't unlocking (Solar Eclipse, Martian Invasion, Pumpkin moon, Wave 15 etc.) I have a crew of Cultists i'm playing with, and I seem to not be able to get some achievements in multiplayer. Anyone else having this problem or do some achievements just not trigger in Multi?

I think you should add in a future update a yoyo that uses the cascade, valor, amazon, and malaise or artery like how the nights edge is made with the jungle, underworld, dungeon, and crimson or corruption weapons and make a axe, pickaxe, bow, boomerang, flail, and armor and to make the armor from the dungeon you get these items from locked golden chests that are used in making the armor, axe, pickaxe, boomerang, and bow.

Hey guys, i'm finding some issues. Some Achievements aren't unlocking (Solar Eclipse, Martian Invasion, Pumpkin moon, Wave 15 etc.) I have a crew of Cultists i'm playing with, and I seem to not be able to get some achievements in multiplayer. Anyone else having this problem or do some achievements just not trigger in Multi?
you don't get those achievements unless done in singleplayer

@Cenx , can you please explain how to use this config option?

"ThickMouseEdgesPackedColor": 4294967295

I need to understand wich number corresponds to wich color for the border

I destroyed all the hands and the eye on the Moon Lord's head.

Does the Moon Lord's second phase prevent ANY healing? Even POTIONS?

Last edited:
I nearly did, but I got shot down by those True Eyes of Cthulhu. I got close though. Wonderfully intense fight.

Also, how the heck are we supposed to record the music that plays during the fight?
I solod him.
yea how the heck we suppost to record. only the mlgest.

I think you should add in a future update a yoyo that uses the cascade, valor, amazon, and malaise or artery like how the nights edge is made with the jungle, underworld, dungeon, and crimson or corruption weapons and make a axe, pickaxe, bow, boomerang, flail, and armor and to make the armor from the dungeon you get these items from locked golden chests that are used in making the armor, axe, pickaxe, boomerang, and bow.

That's one heck of a run-on sentence. So what was your suggestion exactly?
Like- a Night's Edge sort of Yoyo? And some special set you make with materials from the dungeon chests?
You know, sentences end with a period. Not "and" followed by the next sentence.
I like the Night's Edge Yoyo Idea- not too sure about the other thing though.

I'm still curious if my suggestion got read (it's on Page 4). Would like to know if it's considered or not at all.

If anyone is interested I managed to get the Moon Lord music recorded if you are just look for my steam profile and shoot me a friend request

@Cenx , can you please explain how to use this config option?

"ThickMouseEdgesPackedColor": 4294967295

I need to understand wich number corresponds to wich color for the border

@EstebanLB:
32-bit Colors are often represented in RGBA as values up to 256, 256, 256, 256. Those specific numbers would be white. If you multiply those numbers together, you get 4294967296. So I think the number is just the decimal value of a 32-bit RGBA color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom