PC 1.3.3 Possible worse update ever?

mrkrowely

Terrarian
Is it just me, or is this update the worst with so many bugs, issues, disconnects, time-outs, just everything, preventing anyone and everyone from even playing the game?

And to make all of this even worse, there's no legit way of rolling back to 1.3.2 until there's a hotfix?

I personally have not been able to play legitimately from start to finish of 1.3. I just recently started a new world with a few friends and have been playing through, and was just at post golem when this update went live. Now the game is almost completely unplayable. The new desert stuff is cool, but not even being able to completely play the game, or even going backwards in versions is a little ridiculous.

All I really want from all of this is the possibility to play older versions like minecraft now does. that would solve a LOT of frustration and issues with new releases being buggy and unplayable to so many people. Another suggestion if re-logic doesn't have the "Manpower" to properly test these updates before going live, they really need to look into a requested "test server/release" similar to World of Warcraft's "Test Server". Where people get to play and "Test" the new content out before it goes live.

I'd have to agree. I'm experiencing nothing but trouble with this update. It's like it made the game worse.

I'm not opposed to the idea of having the desert be new and interesting, but even if we disregard the massive frame drops and performance issues, it's really weird to hear the sandstorm music underground just because you're near a patch of 50 sand blocks.

And yup. Having a lot of server issues (The game even crashes randomly)

Out of curiosity are you playing multiplayer? So far My single player experience has been fine yet everyone who is playing multiplayer or even a server single player has been hit by bugs galore... If so my theory is that multiplayer wasn't sufficiently tested before releasing the update which resulted in the unforeseen bug swarm.

I'm not opposed to the idea of having the desert be new and interesting, but even if we disregard the massive frame drops and performance issues, it's really weird to hear the sandstorm music underground just because you're near a patch of 50 sand blocks.

@Pepperyena, I cannot replicate this music issue in any form.

Approaching sand underground triggers the Desert theme, as it has for a while now IIRC, regardless of sandstorm status. I've tested this on SP and MP, and although I do see heat distortion during the day (a separate issue that I've already logged) I cannot replicate hearing sandstorm music underground.

If the patch is suitably close to the surface, it may trigger the music, but this is so that the music doesn't abruptly change the moment you move slightly underground in a sandstorm, especially in the Underground Desert.

If the patch is suitably close to the surface, it may trigger the music

Yeah, this is what I spoke of. It's about 2 blocks above the surface level, so I still considered it underground. It's more of a personal preference.
A way to tone down the performance issues in blizzards/sandstorms would be nice, though!

Yeah, this is what I spoke of. It's about 2 blocks above the surface level, so I still considered it underground. It's more of a personal preference.
A way to tone down the performance issues in blizzards/sandstorms would be nice, though!

Definitely looking into performance adjustments for the storms, but we are focusing on the server crashes/inventory issue (which may all be stemming from a single cause). We will continue working on it as we go. :)

Back
Top Bottom