tModLoader [1.3.4.4] Upgrade System - Dushy's Upgrade

I am also having the same issue when i play on multiplayer.I doubt that tremor is the issue considering that i ran all mods(tremor,Upgrade,loot bags,etc.) on singleplayer and the game ran without a hitch. However, if i were you i would download tremor to test and see if there are any problems on your side.

I am also having the same issue when i play on multiplayer.I doubt that tremor is the issue considering that i ran all mods(tremor,Upgrade,loot bags,etc.) on singleplayer and the game ran without a hitch. However, if i were you i would download tremor to test and see if there are any problems on your side.

Just because a mod works fine on single player does not mean that it will work just fine on multiplayer. Singleplayer and multiplayer have different requirements and because of that, multiplayer often requires some additional work on the part of the modder to get things working correctly.

Just because a mod works fine on single player does not mean that it will work just fine on multiplayer. Singleplayer and multiplayer have different requirements and because of that, multiplayer often requires some additional work on the part of the modder to get things working correctly.
Oh the issue is happening in Multiplayer? ok

Tried the new version. Really really like the mod, however I'm here to report a bug that is basically preventing me from using it. Playing in on multiplayer causes pretty extreme FPS lag. Since I play almost excuslively with friends this is pretty killer. It's a shame because my friends and I thought the upgrade system was super cool and we liked it a ton. Removing the mod fixed it pretty much immediately, so we're pretty sure it's this mod. Dunno what's causing it or if it can be fixed, but if you are able to patch together a fix we'd add it back to our server in a heartbeat.

Lemme know if you are able to figure anything out or fix the issue, thanks!
add info: exception spamming(IO ops) in log(through time this over50 mbytes) and reduce fps:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Индекс находился вне границ массива. (The index was outside the array boundaries)
в Terraria.ModLoader.ItemLoader.GetItemInfo(Item item, Mod mod, String name)
в Terraria.Item.GetModInfo(Mod mod, String name)
в Terraria.Item.GetModInfo[T](Mod mod)
в DushyUpgrade.UpgradeProjectile.PreAI(Projectile projectile) в c:\Users\Death\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\DushyUpgrade\UpgradeProjectile.cs:строка 19 (string 19)

add info: exception spamming(IO ops) in log(through time this over50 mbytes) and reduce fps:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Индекс находился вне границ массива. (The index was outside the array boundaries)
в Terraria.ModLoader.ItemLoader.GetItemInfo(Item item, Mod mod, String name)
в Terraria.Item.GetModInfo(Mod mod, String name)
в Terraria.Item.GetModInfo[T](Mod mod)
в DushyUpgrade.UpgradeProjectile.PreAI(Projectile projectile) в c:\Users\Death\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\DushyUpgrade\UpgradeProjectile.cs:строка 19 (string 19)
huh, weird, this message appeared for me when I tried using tremor.

This seems like it'll be a great mod not to mention the upgrading system makes me think of upgrade scrolls in games like Maplestory and such. Would be cool to see more upgrades based on just plain stat upgrades that could be common while elemental ones would be rarer.

This seems like it'll be a great mod not to mention the upgrading system makes me think of upgrade scrolls in games like Maplestory and such. Would be cool to see more upgrades based on just plain stat upgrades that could be common while elemental ones would be rarer.
:3 This is actually a mod dedicated to Elsword heh
And yeah, we will add new stuff if we have the need for them

So, I stumbled across the same problem, that is MASSIVE slow-mo in multiplayer (wierdly enough only I was affected, my friends were fine, though I'm hosting so that might be the problem). I found out I had a few mods in common with the other users who had problems, and through try and error found out it was the wing slot mod. Running either one is fine, but running this one and wing slot together causes the slow down. I hope that helps anyone who has this problem!

Edit: Turns out that was not the problem, the upgrade mod didn't properly activate and the lag came back ....

But I can say it's tied to projectiles, I get huge lag when for example the guide shoots at stuff or when I use ranged weapons/spells

I hope you can find and fix the bug, the way it is this mod is unplayable in multiplayer, but we all really looked forward to playing with it.

Last edited:
So, I stumbled across the same problem, that is MASSIVE slow-mo in multiplayer (wierdly enough only I was affected, my friends were fine, though I'm hosting so that might be the problem). I found out I had a few mods in common with the other users who had problems, and through try and error found out it was the wing slot mod. Running either one is fine, but running this one and wing slot together causes the slow down. I hope that helps anyone who has this problem!

Edit: Turns out that was not the problem, the upgrade mod didn't properly activate and the lag came back ....

But I can say it's tied to projectiles, I get huge lag when for example the guide shoots at stuff or when I use ranged weapons/spells

I hope you can find and fix the bug, the way it is this mod is unplayable in multiplayer, but we all really looked forward to playing with it.
That is also a weird bug...
I'll look through the code and see what I can do

In .Net environments, the largest source of slowdowns will usually be from garbage collection.

Some coders like to think that garbage collection means you don't have to worry about memory management, but in reality it means you have to worry about it more.

The other day I discovered that tmodloader's log file had grown to almost a gigabyte over the time I had used it. I deleted the log file, and then just now I started up Terraria. Very quickly, the empty log file had grown by over ten thousand lines. The errors were all the same, and they all referred to DushyUpgrade:

Code:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
  at Terraria.ModLoader.ItemLoader.GetItemInfo (Terraria.Item item, Terraria.ModLoader.Mod mod, System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Terraria.Item.GetModInfo (Terraria.ModLoader.Mod mod, System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Terraria.Item.GetModInfo[UpgradeInfo] (Terraria.ModLoader.Mod mod) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at DushyUpgrade.UpgradeProjectile.PreAI (Terraria.Projectile projectile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I did some further investigation, and found that the error spew only occurred when a blank space was highlighted in the hotbar. I estimate that about 1000 lines were being written per second.

Should be an easy fix. Just don't call GetItemInfo if the item is blank.

The other day I discovered that tmodloader's log file had grown to almost a gigabyte over the time I had used it. I deleted the log file, and then just now I started up Terraria. Very quickly, the empty log file had grown by over ten thousand lines. The errors were all the same, and they all referred to DushyUpgrade:

Code:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
  at Terraria.ModLoader.ItemLoader.GetItemInfo (Terraria.Item item, Terraria.ModLoader.Mod mod, System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Terraria.Item.GetModInfo (Terraria.ModLoader.Mod mod, System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Terraria.Item.GetModInfo[UpgradeInfo] (Terraria.ModLoader.Mod mod) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at DushyUpgrade.UpgradeProjectile.PreAI (Terraria.Projectile projectile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I did some further investigation, and found that the error spew only occurred when a blank space was highlighted in the hotbar. I estimate that about 1000 lines were being written per second.

Should be an easy fix. Just don't call GetItemInfo if the item is blank.
Oh thats what was causing that?
Ahhhhh!
Thx, I didnt find it myself when I looked (probably cuz I looked at the wrong place)

Good find! Since it's AI related and about projectiles, it might just be what was causing the MP slowdowns. So the culprit was a mix of extensive logging and some exception handling I guess. But still, you never know, MP has so many weird bugs in so many mods.

Good find! Since it's AI related and about projectiles, it might just be what was causing the MP slowdowns. So the culprit was a mix of extensive logging and some exception handling I guess. But still, you never know, MP has so many weird bugs in so many mods.

If the server machine is using a hard disk drive for data storage, that could definitely cause a slowdown. A solid state drive would be affected less. But also, if you're on Windows 8, you would also experience a slowdown. Windows 8 has some bug with disk read/write queuing that causes the queue to become overloaded, leading to absurd read and write times. Windows 10 may be affected by this too, but I don't know.

But, as I recall, your problem was with projectiles being fired. This problem is just with having a blank hotbar slot selected.

Back
Top Bottom