1.3.4 Cheese or Legit? or Does It Need Buff/Nerf/Balancing?

Mike21Daisu

Terrarian
Spoiler Alert! Careful, 'cause I'm about to spoil the whole patch.
So, umm, yeah... this seemed too easy, I didn't get touched, neither did the crystal, but I defeated everything and killed everything right when they spawn or kept spawning. I feel like I cheated, but that's just me looking ways to do things easily. In the image you can see where I was standing and the spawner is right in the middle, as you can see it's on full hp, as well as me. Do you see how I'm swinging that Meowmere? The projectiles kill everything and anything from the event before they even come on my screen, the portals aren't that far away, they're just right outside of my screen, but everything dies easily, only things that even dare to come on the screen are the flying monsters which get one-shot by the turrets and my pet, it's easy even if I didn't have these things, I alone can easily do it.

When the boss spawned on the 7th wave it got somewhat interesting, like it really felt like there was an event happening and me not being AFK farming like it's a slime rain or something... The boss is something I can easily ignore with high defense, but with high damage and low defense it just dies fast, it's too weak for end-game content (if that's what it suppose to be). Yes, I did it post-Moon Lord.
105600_screenshots_20161116024921_1.jpg

I don't see how you can fix this because it's just a clever use of in-game mechanics, unless you nerf the Meowmere, it just gives too much value, its damage is too high.

The new event might seem difficult or even impossible for some people, but for players of higher experience and nerds like me it's just a 4-5 hr candy. But seriously, it's too easy if you see what I'm saying. This is way easier than Frost Moon or the last wave of Pumpkin Moon.

I think it's meant to be attempted as you play the main Terraria game,
as the first wave has low hp monsters, while the later waves feature post Plantera strength enemies

I say add more waves
like up to wave 10 and keep making it more difficult as you progress into the event
'cause what you're saying makes sense, but I'd find it way more fun and challenging as an end-game player like that.

The event is not supposed to be a post-Moon Lord event. although, even with just the celestial gear, it remains challenging.

Post-Moon Lord items are simply the last tier of items you'll get in this game. It's not surprising they'd do well in this new event.
I agree with Nim, if you want a challenge you'll have to start a new game, or... just don't use the Meowmere. :)

I did the same with the Last Prism and had the same feeling. Well I wasn't untouched by the end, but clearly it was easy.
I'm quite disappointed to be honest. All the objects/armors refer to sentries, and every new item seem to be only linked to this specific event which is a little bit of a letdown.
There's no need whatsoever to buy the items to do the waves since they are so easy...

When I compare this to the Christmas or Halloween event...
What do you think?

The event is balanced around being post-Golem, but pre-Celestial. If you are using gear like Last Prism, Meowmere, or any armors which require Moon Lord, it may be too easy.

If you are using pre-Celestial gear, I've actually found it harder to beat than Frost Moon, and certainly harder than Pumpkin Moon. With that said, its not unbeatable, and my personal favorite pre-Celestial loadout involved Spectre Armor and Razorpine.

And of course, you can always try Expert mode with the correct gear tier.

I agree, I mean I created a new melee class to speed run this event. Had Horseman's Blade, Vamp knives just-in-case and Staff of the Frost Hydra with Turtle Armor for thorns with Ankh shield, Warrior Emblem, Cthulu Shield, Worm Scarf, Frostspark Boots and Cenx's wings (Yeah it was Expert mode too) and only had trouble with that darn Ogre's slow debuff. Took me about 10-15 mins but didn't have any major damage done to me nor the crystal and by the time my pumpkins are flying like harpy's up my screen, betsy came by and got #rekt by the pumpkins, maybe add some more mini-bosses or something in the future(?), but with something like this, the drops totally aren't very exciting as well ( except for that sweet sweet 500% melee increase on Brand of the Inferno)

Back
Top Bottom