PC 1.3.6 new world needed?

Is a new hub world "Nice-to-have" or "Need-to-have"

• TOTALLY Need-to-have (OCD'ing over her)

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Need-to-have...the graphics alone is worth it

• Nice-to-have...just grab the new stuff in another new world after update

• Nice-to-have...when 1.4 hits with the secret stuff 1.3.6 prepares for you a going to ask this again

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don't care...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

superm18

Terrarian
Hi all,

I'm probably answering my own question here, but i'm guessing i need to make a new world in order to get the new furniture-biome-stuff?

I'm asking since i wanna start a new hub world and kinda want it to have it all (OCD-tripping here). With 1.3.6 just around the corner i want to wait if i need a new world.

Thanks in advance :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but 1.3.6 hasn't been confirmed to have any new biomes (yet)? If no new biomes, then a new world is not needed. New items that generate on worldgen and can't be crafted would need a new world, but you can create a throwaway world for that.

But you still have to use a bit of logic here I cant stress this enough. Think for a second. If there is a new biome, its not going to just appear in an old world you have to generate a new world and hope the seed provides you with said biome. Unless they add a feature to retrogenerate biomes (which would be a pain in the :red: to set up) you'd either have to make a new world or hope they add a fluid to use.

@robotzurg, we can't say for sure yet whether that is the case. As it currently stands, backgrounds are typically 1 per world, and wouldn't be rerolled on old worlds after the update. We may be able to remedy that, but its still just a possibility.

@robotzurg, we can't say for sure yet whether that is the case. As it currently stands, backgrounds are typically 1 per world, and wouldn't be rerolled on old worlds after the update. We may be able to remedy that, but its still just a possibility.
Wait really? I thought that the underworld background for 1.3 automatically updated so thats what I was basing it on... If thats not the case, oops :p

If you are going to have us move to new worlds frequently, don't suppose it's possible to let us copy and paste our home base (and other structures) from one world to the next.

Have to rebuild is kind of a pain.

Ugh, this is going to be so annoying if this were to happen >.> I haven't seen any signs of a new biome coming for 1.3.6 yet, so... =/

If you are going to have us move to new worlds frequently, don't suppose it's possible to let us copy and paste our home base (and other structures) from one world to the next.

Have to rebuild is kind of a pain.

There are mods to move blocks from one world to another, I think. I'm actually excited to build again, I kinda messed up my first world by being a noob :p

Ugh, this is going to be so annoying if this were to happen >.> I haven't seen any signs of a new biome coming for 1.3.6 yet, so... =/

While there may not be any biomes, they are redoing most (if not all) of the backgrounds, and as far as they know (based on what Leinfors said above) they aren't going to make old worlds get new backgrounds. If it was to happen that way we'd all need to make new worlds for the new backgrounds.

There are mods to move blocks from one world to another, I think. I'm actually excited to build again, I kinda messed up my first world by being a noob :p
Slippery slope there. Let's not head down the Bethesda "let the players fix it for us" route.

I kind of (also) want a "portable" space that I can summon into any new world I'm in - where the space isn't a copy; it's one space that can co-exit simultaneously in every world when summoned in.

Slippery slope there. Let's not head down the Bethesda "let the players fix it for us" route.

I kind of (also) want a "portable" space that I can summon into any new world I'm in - where the space isn't a copy; it's one space that can co-exit simultaneously in every world when summoned in.

True, but the modders already worked hard to make the mod, and to have that work waited by the developers would be annoying (to me anyways).

That would be cool, but would it be a per player thing? And then if you built something amazing in it other people couldn't see it... but that's still a neat idea.

That would be cool, but would it be a per player thing? And then if you built something amazing in it other people couldn't see it... but that's still a neat idea.
It's like a mini-world you can "load" into any world. Although I suppose if you zip up the world map there would just be an empty space where your mini-world would be since it's combined with the world when you load it up and isn't really part of it.

While there may not be any biomes, they are redoing most (if not all) of the backgrounds, and as far as they know (based on what Leinfors said above) they aren't going to make old worlds get new backgrounds. If it was to happen that way we'd all need to make new worlds for the new backgrounds.

Honestly, I think I'll just stick with the old ones. Its more than fine for me to just continue with my current world and not to reset it for new backgrounds... maybe once they have added more stuff I'll reconsider my choices. Right now, it just seems logical to continue. Hopefully by then I could just find a way to copy it to the new world.

Back
Top Bottom