PC 1.3 Changelog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, this has been on my mind a lot more than it should. But.
I came to this changelog, but I didn't read the changes. Instead, I used Ctrl+F to see if there was anything said about the Slime Staff. There was. It now seems to have a higher chance of being dropped by Pinky. But, the exact drop chance, which I don't know yet, is making me jittery. When 1.3 drops, the first thing I'm going to do is dive in and begin a Let's Play with a Summoner. The thing is, I planned to start my character off with a Slime Staff that I previously obtained from my Slime Statue farm.
My question is, would it be a better idea to just give my character that Slime Staff and save the hassle, or take a risk and put my earlygame farming skills to the test, for an already-rare mob with a possibly even rarer drop? If the new drop chance is decent, I'll go for it. But if it's too low, which would get my series on a slow start, it would be a better idea to just get it from the statue farm's chest.
Then again, I could wait until after the update releases to check the Pinky's wiki page for the new drop chance... but who knows how long I'll have to wait and miss out... urgh. I'm so torn. Decisions, decisions...

Okay, this has been on my mind a lot more than it should. But.
I came to this changelog, but I didn't read the changes. Instead, I used Ctrl+F to see if there was anything said about the Slime Staff. There was. It now seems to have a higher chance of being dropped by Pinky. But, the exact drop chance, which I don't know yet, is making me jittery. When 1.3 drops, the first thing I'm going to do is dive in and begin a Let's Play with a Summoner. The thing is, I planned to start my character off with a Slime Staff that I previously obtained from my Slime Statue farm.
My question is, would it be a better idea to just give my character that Slime Staff and save the hassle, or take a risk and put my earlygame farming skills to the test, for an already-rare mob with a possibly even rarer drop? If the new drop chance is decent, I'll go for it. But if it's too low, which would get my series on a slow start, it would be a better idea to just get it from the statue farm's chest.
Then again, I could wait until after the update releases to check the Pinky's wiki page for the new drop chance... but who knows how long I'll have to wait and miss out... urgh. I'm so torn. Decisions, decisions...

Just bring one with you, tbh.

From the brief segment of the active stream I saw (the insufferable, sub-human degenerates that made up 90% of the chat made me want to retreat to a more civilized location) I can confirm that there's a tree icon to represent the features of the world. If your world is a corrupt world, half the tree will be purple, If it's Crimson, it will be red; on both occasions, the right half is the normal green. Two worlds on the list had Purple on the left, green on the right, and a patch of gold towards the bottom.

The hallow is cyan. What do those gold leaves represent?

From the brief segment of the active stream I saw (the insufferable, sub-human degenerates that made up 90% of the chat made me want to retreat to a more civilized location) I can confirm that there's a tree icon to represent the features of the world. If your world is a corrupt world, half the tree will be purple, If it's Crimson, it will be red; on both occasions, the right half is the normal green. Two worlds on the list had Purple on the left, green on the right, and a patch of gold towards the bottom.

The hallow is cyan. What do those gold leaves represent?
They aren't that bad considering what they're watching. Honestly, these guys are playing like this is their first time. One example is that they managed to let the Guide die even though he had the new weapons. The second is that they made a house without backwalls and were confused about the fact that the Guide wouldn't respawn.

They aren't that bad considering what they're watching. Honestly, these guys are playing like this is their first time. One example is that they managed to let the Guide die even though he had the new weapons. The second is that they made a house without backwalls and were confused about the fact that the Guide wouldn't respawn.

This is the main reason I wouldn't want to watch. People that don't actual know Terraria delving into a big update. It reminded me of the live stream of Starbound and they all acted completely clueless. Drives me up a damn wall.

They are playing on expert for the first time, so the new AI explains the deaths, but yeah...the house bit is...you don't just forget that.

Maybe they're being purposely terrible to avoid excessive spoiling?

This is the main reason I wouldn't want to watch. People that don't actual know Terraria delving into a big update. It reminded me of the live stream of Starbound and they all acted completely clueless. Drives me up a damn wall.
The thing is, this guy had over 3000 hours on this game before 1.2 came out. He has no reason to be so clueless, especially since he is known for being one of the most skilled Terraria players. The person is HERO.

The thing is, this guy had over 3000 hours on this game before 1.2 came out. He has no reason to be so clueless, especially since he is known for being one of the most skilled Terraria players. The person is HERO.
They were literally just told their house wasn't complete... I have no explanation for their aloof nature, then.

They are playing on expert for the first time, so the new AI explains the deaths, but yeah...the house bit is...you don't just forget that.

Maybe they're being purposely terrible to avoid excessive spoiling?
I don't care about the deaths. I see the enemy's stats.
Anyway, they just figured it out because people have been screaming at them for the last half hour. When they finally took the advice, instead of saying "Oh god, I'm so sorry for being so stupid!" instead he said, "Oh, that's a good point." After it worked, they freaked out and were very happy. They literally gave a shout out to that person and congratulated them, even though literally nearly everyone watching was smart enough to suggest this.
[DOUBLEPOST=1435553131,1435552954][/DOUBLEPOST]So, the biome with the Medusa etc. is the marble biome.

This changelog doesn't do the update justice.
If thats the case than I am even more incredibly excited

Also I haven't seen anyone saying this which is kinda surprising, but if you go to the global achievement statistics you can see all the steam achievement pictures in full colour as opposed to just a silhouette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom