Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

how do i make a animated tile useing this as a 2x2 tile
type1.png

That's the wrong location. You were supposed to put it in the Terraria game folder. If you have steam, it'll be in steam/steamapps/common/terraria. For the gog version, it's under gog games/Terraria. The 'My Games' folder is only the location of your save games (and you should not move it, because I think it's automatically remade in that location). You need to put the tModLoader files where your actual terraria.exe is located, and overwrite it. That's what that error is telling you; it's not the right location.
'your actual terraria.exe'
When i look in C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Terraria, there's no vanilla Terraria.exe. Where would it be, if not there?

'your actual terraria.exe'
When i look in C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Terraria, there's no vanilla Terraria.exe. Where would it be, if not there?
the terraria.exe file has the logo of a tree, if its not there, then you cant launch the game, vanilla or modded.

v0.8.3.2
-Security for Mod Browser
-Minor fixes

This update secures publishing to the Mod Browser so that no one can replace mods by faking steam IDs. It's probably a good idea to get this update if you've published to the Mod Browser before.

just want to ask quickly, has there been any idea on the fps problems i asked about, or havent you seen my post yet, if not could you please take a look, as it hinders gameplay for me quite a bit sometimes, and im pretty sure its originating from tmod itself and not other mods or the vanilla game.

v0.8.3.2
-Security for Mod Browser
-Minor fixes

This update secures publishing to the Mod Browser so that no one can replace mods by faking steam IDs. It's probably a good idea to get this update if you've published to the Mod Browser before.

When you get a chance, could you hook up a 0.8.3.2 release tag on github.

Can you please tell me how you fixed it. It'll help me in the future help others with the same problem.

Of course, the same thing won't work for everyone, but here's what I did.
Assuming you encountered the same error report as me (which i will put below).

Once you have successfully installed the new Terraria_v1.3.2.1 (which is done by simply following the README's instructions, and it should have a jungle tree icon instead of a forest tree icon), put all of your tModLoader files in C:\Users\Family\Downloads\game\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria, or wherever your "steamapps" folder is. Keep in mind that you may have multiple steamapps folders in different places, but if you follow this path you should find it. After doing this, you should probably make a new folder called 'Vanilla' and put your original vanilla Terraria.exe in there (I'm not entirely sure what would happen otherwise).

As long as the tModLoader files are in the Terraria folder at the end of the path described above, it should launch properly.

Of course, the same thing won't work for everyone, but here's what I did.
Assuming you encountered the same error report as me (which i will put below).

Once you have successfully installed the new Terraria_v1.3.2.1 (which is done by simply following the README's instructions, and it should have a jungle tree icon instead of a forest tree icon), put all of your tModLoader files in C:\Users\Family\Downloads\game\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria, or wherever your "steamapps" folder is. Keep in mind that you may have multiple steamapps folders in different places, but if you follow this path you should find it. After doing this, you should probably make a new folder called 'Vanilla' and put your original vanilla Terraria.exe in there (I'm not entirely sure what would happen otherwise).

As long as the tModLoader files are in the Terraria folder at the end of the path described above, it should launch properly.
sry if i sound rude but isnt that exactly what weve been telling you to do? thats the actual manual installation path, the way you were supposed to install it in the first place: put the tmodloader files into the terraria game folder in your steam/steamapps/common... did u use the wrong steamapps folder? sounds like multiple installations of steam in different places to me which explains why the installer failed ^^. and btw you dont need to backup your "vanilla" terraria. if u want to uninstall tmodloader u can simply tell steam to verify your installation. anyways glad it now works for you. have fun

I know that the GOG version might not work for all computers, but when I try to run tMod, no matter what I do, it either won't open or says my PC can't run it. Am I doing something wrong? also, why does it say tMod mac installer if I installed GOG windows version?

(I might have said some things wrong)

One more piece of news: in about 4 hours, I'm leaving on vacation and won't have any wifi access until either the 13th or 14th. I also will not be with my computer. So in the meantime, I won't be able to do any work on tModLoader, nor will I be able to answer any questions. See you all in a week!

Back
Top Bottom