Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Why don't you make an application where you just enable tmodloader from that app and then play terraria and when you don't want it, you can just disable it and would have an autoupdate feature? just thought you could do that. good luck.

sorry if this has been mentioned already but is there a way to just temporary downgrade a version in terraria to 1.3.3 so i can play my mods untill tmodloader has been updated?
Instead of overwriting the vanilla .exe file, it's a good idea to rename the tModLoader .exe before copying it to terraria's directory. That way, it's easy to switch between the two versions and it means that tModLoader should still work when Terraria is updated.

1.3.4.1 is OUTTTTTTTTTT
That was what? About half a day? This has to be some kind of record

Public Service Announcement!
For those of you that want to play with mods instead of the new update
You Still Can!
Just run the tModloader installer as usual and it will replace your terraria 1.3.4.1 with 1.3.3 with tModloader.
If you want to switch back to the 1.3.4.1 update, just verify the integrity of the game cache with steam and it will redownload the update.
Hope this helps!

so little question : with terraria 1.3.3 I used to have terraria.exe that held my tmodloader terraria as usual
but I also backed up the original 1.3.3 "terraria.exe" to "terraria.ori.exe", running that allowed me to play regular terraria when I wanted
can I do the same with current tmodloader & terraria 1.3.4 ? or is anything else beyond the executable modified in a way that's not compatible ?

so little question : with terraria 1.3.3 I used to have terraria.exe that held my tmodloader terraria as usual
but I also backed up the original 1.3.3 "terraria.exe" to "terraria.ori.exe", running that allowed me to play regular terraria when I wanted
can I do the same with current tmodloader & terraria 1.3.4 ? or is anything else beyond the executable modified in a way that's not compatible ?
Should only be the .exe that matters, so you can have a vanilla backup and tmodloader and choose which to launch.

Yep, just install the Terraria Game Launcher and rename the "Terraria.exe" found in the tModLoader installation to "tModLoader.exe". That way you can open both whenever you want.

Back
Top Bottom