Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Trying to set up a dedicated server in CentOS 7.0. Installed Mono but getting a System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Terraria.Utils'.

Any ideas?

PS. Version=1.3.4.4
EDIT: Copied the Terraria linux server over the rest of the files. Getting socket errors now. Looking into it.

So I've done all of the iptables config and restarted the server and still can't get past this error. Also deleted the entire Terraria folder and re-installed using http://terraria.org/server/terraria-server-1344.zip and overwrote with tModloader Linux version 0.9.2.1.

Error: * Assertion at socket-io.c:1075, condition `domain->sockaddr_data_field' not met
StackTrace:
Code:
  at <unknown> <0xffffffff>
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind_internal (intptr,System.Net.SocketAddress,int&) [0x00000] in <7b9b5846991d411ba212e198d2ee3fb0>:0
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind (System.Net.EndPoint) [0x00044] in <7b9b5846991d411ba212e198d2ee3fb0>:0
  at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor () [0x0001e] in <7b9b5846991d411ba212e198d2ee3fb0>:0
  at Terraria.Net.Sockets.TcpSocket..ctor () [0x00021] in <c38c706740f04303a07e6816f15b18b9>:0
  at Terraria.RemoteServer..ctor () [0x00000] in <c38c706740f04303a07e6816f15b18b9>:0
  at Terraria.Netplay..cctor () [0x00023] in <c38c706740f04303a07e6816f15b18b9>:0
  at (wrapper runtime-invoke) object.runtime_invoke_void (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) [0x0001e] in <f712f98eb8e445c8918edaf595bbe465>:0
  at <unknown> <0xffffffff>
  at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame (string[]) [0x00081] in <c38c706740f04303a07e6816f15b18b9>:0
  at Terraria.LinuxLaunch.Main (string[]) [0x00015] in <c38c706740f04303a07e6816f15b18b9>:0
  at (wrapper runtime-invoke) <Module>.runtime_invoke_void_object (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) [0x0004e] in <c38c706740f04303a07e6816f15b18b9>:0

EDIT: Well that took an unbelievably long time to figure out. :( Simply had to execute ./tModloaderServer.bin.x86_64 in the command line and it's running fine. No need for mono.

Last edited:
For the people unable to use inventory after placing an item - It's the Even More Modifiers mod. Hiccup251 already knows about the issue.
Thought I'd post here as this is probably where people will look first (I personally couldn't find the relevant info until I went through all mods one by one).
Hopefully, prevents a few extra complaints.

I am still having the problem, i was told by one group, it was "basic classes" by bil, and told here that it was the Even More Modifiers mod. i have disabled both, and still have the issue, here's screenshot's showing what mods i have, and which are enabled
Screenshot (39).png Screenshot (38).png Screenshot (37).png Screenshot (36).png Screenshot (35).png Screenshot (34).png Screenshot (33).png
i would greatly appreciate any help

Hey, I just installed tmodloader to set up a server, but I'm having issues with having the same version as the server. A friend tried joining but got the same message. Help is greatly appreciated
screencap.png

Only thing I can think of is a re-install to make sure everything is up-to-date.
EDIT: Did you double check your active mods on the server and in your client?
I did re-install it and still the same thing. My friend also tried to host the tmodloader server and was getting the different version message as well. We were testing the server without any mods active

No efforts have been made on changing/fixing armor stands of late.

Is there a reason as to why? I’m just legitimately curious. Is it not considered a real problem or is it too hard to fix? I feel like a lot of people (including me) love showing off all their cool armor sets as part of their base. That’s why you see it on a lot of screenshots/videos whenever people show off their world. It’s just a real shame that all these really cool modded armors, that spriters have put in so much effort, will never be seen (other than the 1 you are currently wearing ofc) and have to be hidden in some chest.

At first I thought that some mods just have this problem while others don’t. But experimenting around a little, it really seems that it is tmodloader itself that just has this problem. It is very weird and incosistent though.

Some things I noticed while testing a bit: It seems like there is a limit of armors that tmodloader can handle before the mannequin bug appears. For instance, if I just load Thorium and no other mod, all the armors I tested with cheatsheet (it was pretty much all of them) worked on the mannequins. When I enabled some other mods aswell, some of Thoriums armors stopped working.

Another interesting note: The working and not working armors were actually “sorted” on cheatsheet: That means that, if you filter for the thorium mod and go from top to bottom, the top armors will work until you find one that doesn’t work. After that item, every other set (it seems to be mostly a helm issue, but not only) below that will also not work.

I tried Tremor aswell. When I loaded only Tremor, some of the armors (on the top in cheatsheet) worked, but others at the bottom did not. Once I enabled other mods – no armor from Tremor worked anymore. So I don’t really know how this works, but from my testing, it seems like tmodloader can currently only “handle” a certain amount of modded armor before the mannequin bug appears.

Sorry for the long post but it is something I actually care about quite a bit, as it would make modding terraria much more enjoyable for me if I could actually show off all these amazing armors instead of basically never seeing them again.

I have a rather big question. Is it possible, and if so, what would be required, to make a 64bit version of Tmod?

These "out of memory" errors are a real bummer.

I need a bit of help, I need to execute the code of a debuff after all accessories so I can remove knockback immunity from a player

Hey, I just installed tmodloader to set up a server, but I'm having issues with having the same version as the server. A friend tried joining but got the same message. Help is greatly appreciated
View attachment 162735
You are clearly trying to connect to a modded server with the vanilla client. I can see in the background you are launching the unmodded client.
[doublepost=1489525051,1489524878][/doublepost]
Okay, I Would Be Insulted, But That Was Too Funny
[doublepost=1489512108,1489511614][/doublepost]Okay, I Verified It, And It Said "Terraria Files Verified!" So Then I Opened It, And It Did It Again...
This error is 99% of the time someone trying to launch tmodloader from the wrong folder. You have to install it in the install directory.
[doublepost=1489525141][/doublepost]
I need a bit of help, I need to execute the code of a debuff after all accessories so I can remove knockback immunity from a player
Try in this hook: http://bluemagic123.github.io/tModL...player.html#ae69ac5e170c7bee20bd16a5122d148ee

Is there a reason as to why? I’m just legitimately curious. Is it not considered a real problem or is it too hard to fix? I feel like a lot of people (including me) love showing off all their cool armor sets as part of their base. That’s why you see it on a lot of screenshots/videos whenever people show off their world. It’s just a real shame that all these really cool modded armors, that spriters have put in so much effort, will never be seen (other than the 1 you are currently wearing ofc) and have to be hidden in some chest.

At first I thought that some mods just have this problem while others don’t. But experimenting around a little, it really seems that it is tmodloader itself that just has this problem. It is very weird and incosistent though.

Some things I noticed while testing a bit: It seems like there is a limit of armors that tmodloader can handle before the mannequin bug appears. For instance, if I just load Thorium and no other mod, all the armors I tested with cheatsheet (it was pretty much all of them) worked on the mannequins. When I enabled some other mods aswell, some of Thoriums armors stopped working.

Another interesting note: The working and not working armors were actually “sorted” on cheatsheet: That means that, if you filter for the thorium mod and go from top to bottom, the top armors will work until you find one that doesn’t work. After that item, every other set (it seems to be mostly a helm issue, but not only) below that will also not work.

I tried Tremor aswell. When I loaded only Tremor, some of the armors (on the top in cheatsheet) worked, but others at the bottom did not. Once I enabled other mods – no armor from Tremor worked anymore. So I don’t really know how this works, but from my testing, it seems like tmodloader can currently only “handle” a certain amount of modded armor before the mannequin bug appears.

Sorry for the long post but it is something I actually care about quite a bit, as it would make modding terraria much more enjoyable for me if I could actually show off all these amazing armors instead of basically never seeing them again.

It's the same with weapon racks as well. At least, that sometimes they work and then at times they won't.

I asked about this a few pages back and was never given an answer. So thank you for taking the time to be more in-depth about the bug, which is an issue for me, and has been for a considerable amount of time. Over 12 months I believe. I just dislike how we aren't getting information on why it's not being considered a priority right now, especially considering how many people actually want it fixed :(

Vanilla mannequins are programmed in such a way that prevents us from fixing it without breaking compatibility with vanilla worlds. We'll discuss some ideas.

Back
Top Bottom