Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

I have a server running 1.3.5.3 but when I have tmodloader installed on my Terraria it puts me on 1.3.4.4 and I can't connect to the server due to being on different versions. Is there any way to fix this or do I just need to wait for an update for tmodloader?

I have a server running 1.3.5.3 but when I have tmodloader installed on my Terraria it puts me on 1.3.4.4 and I can't connect to the server due to being on different versions.

Wait, does tmodloader automatically set your version to 1.3.4.4? I thought you manually had to manually change the files to support tmodloader...

[Edit: just realized that there is a 1.3.5 tmodloader for windows. If you're using this, then you might have a problem on your hands.]

Last edited:
Just installed the modloader again got it to not give me a error log (Yey!) But it looks just like vanilla terraria(no mod browser etc.....) Pls help anyone else having the same issue?
Getting this crash everytime i try to load tmodloader i used steam and followed all steps. Crashlog below its dutch

[Update] I got it to install and boot up with the github file, But when i try to boot vanilla terraria up it gives me the same crash log! Please has anyone experienced the same?

Attachments

• client-crashlog.txt
    413 bytes · Views: 224
Last edited:
Just installed the modloader again got it to not give me a error log (Yey!) But it looks just like vanilla terraria(no mod browser etc.....) Pls help anyone else having the same issue?

[Update] I got it to install and boot up with the github file, But when i try to boot vanilla terraria up it gives me the same crash log! Please has anyone experienced the same?
it is becuz tmodloader isn't 1.3.5 for steam/mac yet

In vanilla I had a world named "Acoustic -2.0" and a character name "Luke"
I played on these with a friend hosting via logmein Hamachi.
I then copied the files from userdata and placed them in mygames/terraria/modloader/respective_folders
No matter what I've tried my saves only work when running my backup of vanilla.
Anybody understand why this ends up happening?
Additional info: Mediumcore, Expert. No mods prior to checking saves (baseline TmodLoader), disabled steam cloud before TmodLoader installation, character cannot be clicked (made new character for second screenshot), map attempts to load then fails.
error1.PNG
error2.PNG

edit: properly attached the images
2nd edit: is this because TmodLoader is 1.3.4.4 , and vanilla terraria is 1.3.5, as other people have been mentioning?

Last edited:
In vanilla I had a world named "Acoustic -2.0" and a character name "Luke"
I played on these with a friend hosting via logmein Hamachi.
I then copied the files from userdata and placed them in mygames/terraria/modloader/respective_folders
No matter what I've tried my saves only work when running my backup of vanilla.
Anybody understand why this ends up happening?
Additional info: Mediumcore, Expert. No mods prior to checking saves (baseline TmodLoader), disabled steam cloud before TmodLoader installation, character cannot be clicked (made new character for second screenshot), map attempts to load then fails.
View attachment 169247 View attachment 169248

edit: properly attached the images
2nd edit: is this because TmodLoader is 1.3.4.4 , and vanilla terraria is 1.3.5, as other people have been mentioning?
well, looks like both your world and character are corrupt?

well, looks like both your world and character are corrupt?
That's what TmodLoader is aware of at least, but the files seem to work fine when I revert back to normal terraria with no modifications. So my guess is the cloud save feature made it so the save files were incompatible, or the version of TmodLoader throws a fit over the newest version of terraria's saves.

edit: the world is also crimson and not corruption. either the save got inverted or those are default parameters for worldgen/save files.

Wait, does tmodloader automatically set your version to 1.3.4.4? I thought you manually had to manually change the files to support tmodloader...

[Edit: just realized that there is a 1.3.5 tmodloader for windows. If you're using this, then you might have a problem on your hands.]
I am running the one for 1.3.5 but it says I'm on 1.3.4.4. Even with the server on 1.3.4.4 I can not connect due to different versions.

well tmodloader be updated for terraria 1.3.5.1?

Yes, as has been said multiple times in the thread and else where, TML for 1.3.5.x will be out eventually, probably near the end of May, according to the github text for the compatibility fix release.

I am running the one for 1.3.5 but it says I'm on 1.3.4.4. Even with the server on 1.3.4.4 I can not connect due to different versions.

The most recent release isn't TML for 1.3.5.x, it is a compatibility fix that allows TML for 1.3.4.4 to work with the 1.3.5.x files. The actual TML for 1.3.5.x won't be out until at least the end of May, according to the github text for the compatibility fix release.

The most recent release isn't TML for 1.3.5.x, it is a compatibility fix that allows TML for 1.3.4.4 to work with the 1.3.5.x files. The actual TML for 1.3.5.x won't be out until at least the end of May, according to the github text for the compatibility fix release.
So just waiting for the update will most likely fix the issue correct?

Just to reiterate: Mac/Linux/Windows and Steam/GOG are all still on 1.3.4.4 for tModLoader, the only difference is how to downgrade to 1.3.4.4. For windows/steam, we put together a zip that does it. For Gog, just don't upgrade or use the included Gog galaxy client to downgrade. For mac/linux on steam, follow the instructions that I posted earlier.

Same time windows does. As for the downgrade solution for mac/linux, it's the same as it has been, but I'll reiterate it here:

Alternative workaround for Mac/Linux users:
1) Close Steam if it's running
2) Open a terminal
3) Linux: type in steam -console Mac: type in open steam://open/console
4) This will open steam in "console mode", go to the console tab at the top of the steam window
5) Type in the commands in Steam Console for your respective OS:
Linux: download_depot 105600 105602 1724598424009969555
Mac: download_depot 105600 105603 5456929779685479800
Windows: download_depot 105600 105601 7118084600027986257 (not needed, there's a dedicated workaround)
6) This will start a download that is very very slow (takes ~50-60 minutes). There is NO progress bar, just have faith and wait, when it finishes it will show a message similar to this one: Depot download complete : "/home/raydj/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32\steamapps\content\app_105600\depot_105602" ... (you have to replace the backslashes \ with forward slashes / Depot download complete : "/Users/jasoncao/Library/Application Support/Steam/Steam.AppBundle/Steam/Contents/MacOS/steamapps/content/app_105600/depot_105603" ...
7) Install Tmodloader (0.9.3.2 for 1.3.4.4) MANUALLY to the Terraria that you just downloaded (read the txt file in tmod for help with that)
8) Run the "new" Terraria and VOILA! It uses the same savefiles so you're good! Note: if you run Terraria via steam library, then you still get vanilla 1.3.5.2, however if you run it off just the app file you just downloaded, it will run a SEPARATE Terraria 1.3.4.4 with your Tmod installed. That is both a win and a loss? Good Luck!

Basically, we use built in steam tools to downgrade to 1.3.4.4 and then install the 0.9.2.3 on top of that.
what do you mean by replace the slashes? just copy what it says but replace back with forward? also, what extra terraria app?

what do you mean by replace the slashes? just copy what it says but replace back with forward? also, what extra terraria app?
In the next line there is shows what it means be swap out the slashes.

As for the terraria.app, if you are on mac, there will be a Terraria.app in the folder the depot is downloaded to, that is "extra" when you count your vanilla install.

In the next line there is shows what it means be swap out the slashes.

As for the terraria.app, if you are on mac, there will be a Terraria.app in the folder the depot is downloaded to, that is "extra" when you count your vanilla install.
so basically it installs a second terraria

Back
Top Bottom