Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Well I have this problem too: "I have a small problem with my terraria, where after a random amount of time (varies between a couple of days and a couple of months), my character is completely reset (character preview goes blank,reverts to unnamedand hp and mana are 100 HP and 20 mana) and the world is reset as well (reverts to unnamed and unkown world) trying to open the world with the character crashes the game." But it doesn't allow me to select the character thats only blank, And the world says: "Couldn't download the world" Or something like that but, when I open it in Tedit it works then after some strange things might have happend to the world but mostly its same and works after that. So kinda similar problem that I have here.
Same just happened to me. While I was playing (I was in a desert) all the cacti just disappeared, but there were still visible on the map. I exited the world and the game froze on 'Backing up World file'. When I re-opened the game there was no preview for my character and I couldn't press the play character button.

So I am trying to make a sword but at attack it is not in my hand even if I gave it the right sizes now I have a 128x128 sword and at height and width I have put 128x128
Is the weapon melee?
Is the items animation right one? Pst. 1 is the right one for sword.

my gun keeps getting this error on it it says an error occurred while loading purple
this mod has automatically been disabled
Items/Weapons/ExampleGun
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.GetTexture(String name)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.GetTexture(String name)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)
this is the URL to my codeing
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gRI2lJyImsKhmmK8W3-fR_afa2_HVtICb6lU89bYMF8/edit?usp=sharing

my gun keeps getting this error on it it says an error occurred while loading purple
Items/Weapons/ExampleGun
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gRI2lJyImsKhmmK8W3-fR_afa2_HVtICb6lU89bYMF8/edit?usp=sharing
https://github.com/bluemagic123/tMo...rrariamodloadermodgettexturestring-name-error

never knew thatplus i wasnt advertising lol
my bad
oh and that link isnt anything malicious its for a game thats like terraria and stardew valley

i merelysuggested it to past the waiting time cause

waiting is a long arduous task man lol

Items/Weapons/ExampleGun
I know others anserwed already but the textures name has to be same with the cs file so even if one letter aint capital it wont work. :D

I know this is a really stupid question and probably has been answered multiple times, but where are the main modloader error logs stored? I've been having a problem for a few days where terraria stops working (just freezes and I get a "program has stopped responding" message) while loading mods. It gets through both the "finding" and "initializing" stages just fine. I'm fairly sure it isn't the mods themselves, as I've deleted the one that was in progress when it was shown (both .tmod and .enabled, as well as the folder) and the error persists. I think I'm just derping out but where exactly are the error logs located? I thought it was the "logs" folder in /My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/, but the logs.txt there only shows installations/uninstallations. The Runtime Errors.txt, Loading Errors.txt, and Compile Errors.txt which are also located there are all weeks old. The (apparently poorly-named) Client-Crashlog.txt in the steam terraria folder is ALSO not current, and last was edited over a week ago (before I started having this issue). I've checked all subfolders (literally) in both the steam terraria folder and the My Games one, and no crash log is present in either.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Oh, I almost forgot, I'm running the 1.3.5 patch for tmodloader, and it's up to date as far as I know. I don't know about the mods themselves, as I can't get at them to check for updates, but in the past Tmodloader has just disabled any out-of-date mods so I'm doubtful that that's the cause.

I know this is a really stupid question and probably has been answered multiple times, but where are the main modloader error logs stored? I've been having a problem for a few days where terraria stops working (just freezes and I get a "program has stopped responding" message) while loading mods. It gets through both the "finding" and "initializing" stages just fine. I'm fairly sure it isn't the mods themselves, as I've deleted the one that was in progress when it was shown (both .tmod and .enabled, as well as the folder) and the error persists. I think I'm just derping out but where exactly are the error logs located? I thought it was the "logs" folder in /My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/, but the logs.txt there only shows installations/uninstallations. The Runtime Errors.txt, Loading Errors.txt, and Compile Errors.txt which are also located there are all weeks old. The (apparently poorly-named) Client-Crashlog.txt in the steam terraria folder is ALSO not current, and last was edited over a week ago (before I started having this issue). I've checked all subfolders (literally) in both the steam terraria folder and the My Games one, and no crash log is present in either.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Oh, I almost forgot, I'm running the 1.3.5 patch for tmodloader, and it's up to date as far as I know. I don't know about the mods themselves, as I can't get at them to check for updates, but in the past Tmodloader has just disabled any out-of-date mods so I'm doubtful that that's the cause.
As far as I know, that's where the logs should be. Sounds like it's crashing without even an error message. Have you tried moving all mods to a different folder and seeing if tMod works? If it does, move the mods back into the game in small groups until you find out which ones aren't working.

Can someone help me with this problem that i'm having
Items/Rustedsword
The code i was using was the same one from the normal sword thing
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace Unknownmod.Items
{
public class Rustedsword : ModItem
{
public override void SetDefaults()
{
item.name = "Rusty Sword";
item.damage = 12;
item.melee = true;
item.width = 40;
item.height = 40;
item.toolTip = "Its Rusted.";
item.useTime = 20;
item.useAnimation = 20;
item.useStyle = 1;
item.knockBack = 6;
item.value = 10;
item.rare = 2;
item.UseSound = SoundID.Item1;
item.autoReuse = true;
}

public override void AddRecipes()
{
ModRecipe recipe = new ModRecipe(mod);
recipe.AddIngredient(ItemID.IronBar, 4);
recipe.AddTile(TileID.WorkBenches);
recipe.SetResult(this);
recipe.AddRecipe();
}
}
}

texture has nothing todo with the code for simple items
Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.GetTexture(String name)

it tells you it was unable to find a picture with the name Rustedsword

Oh, Thanks
[doublepost=1496334679,1496334454][/doublepost]

How do i fix this
i tried to fix it and it worked for some of the other sword i made but it stopped working and the other ones are having the same problem

Oh, Thanks

How do i fix this
i tried to fix it and it worked for some of the other sword i made but it stopped working and the other ones are having the same problem

name of class file needs to be the same for texture file
caps and all same folder aswell also the

namespace Unknownmod.Items
is the folder both files need to be inside

"rust" and "Rust" wont work

Oh, Thanks

How do i fix this
Now it has this error
c:\Users\--------\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\Unknownmod\Items\Weapons\Rustedsword.cs(1,15) : error CS1002: ; expected

(i used - to block out my name for privacy)

Back
Top Bottom