Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Alright, so I made a mod which lets gear have their own Levels and Experience, upon hitting an NPC or killing it (didn't try killing part yet) the specific gear will get experience into it. When reaching >= the max experience the specific gear will level and a few stats will increase.
Now I need to save the Stats data so it won't reset everything I leave the world.

1- Is there any way I can save this data along with the player data ? Or would I need to make a separated saving data for this ?
I can add a way to save data along with items. That sounds like a good idea; I should add that in for the next update.

Looks amazing! Sadly I'm in 1.3.0.7 and I don't know how to go back to 1.3.0.6.

Hmm ask a friend or use google to download 1.3.0.6, at least that is what I did since yesterday when I was gonna start to

I can add a way to save data along with items. That sounds like a good idea; I should add that in for the next update.

That would be quite an awesome feature!
I will either wait for it or just use StorageContainer until next update (I am new to XNA and that's what came up with my research).

Cheers and waiting for that!

Do you expect to ever add custom tiles, modifiers, and enemies?
I do expect to add custom tiles, most likely in the update after the next update.
If by modifiers you mean prefixes, I'll probably add them eventually, but they're not a priority.
Enemies are a priority, although I want to add in a bunch of other priorities first, so they probably won't come until a couple of weeks at least.

Well I downloaded an executable from Youtube, no vírus or anything, you could try to search it up there but take it as your own risk.

Always be really careful with that. And why would you honestly? It will be updated for 1.3.0.7 so why take the risk of downloading it illegal? (Yes, it's illegal to do it that way)

I don't like to wait when I want to try to develop something, but it was all for educational purposes and I did it my own risk. Not gonna fully answer your question, we have different ways of think and that's what makes us humans, a miserable being.
Anyways, I want to keep this thread clean ^^ as I am loving bluemagic's amazing job!

When I try to run Patch.bat I get a message saying that it relies on other things in the folder and I need to extract it so I did and that one runs perfectly until a message asking me if i want to run it and I do,then it opens another one and both crash. What is happening???

When I try to run Patch.bat I get a message saying that it relies on other things in the folder and I need to extract it so I did and that one runs perfectly until a message asking me if i want to run it and I do,then it opens another one and both crash. What is happening???
Are you sure they're crashing and they're not just finished? Did you get a file called TerrariaBackup.exe?

ModLoader is a class inside tModLoader's code
Alright, let me rephrase what I said; where is tModLoader
[DOUBLEPOST=1437848163,1437847926][/DOUBLEPOST]
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to run a folder, because the only thing I got that says tModLoader is a folder containing ModLoader and it says I need to run tModLoader on the first page of the thred

[DOUBLEPOST=1437848163,1437847926][/DOUBLEPOST]
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to run a folder, because the only thing I got that says tModLoader is a folder containing ModLoader and it says I need to run tModLoader on the first page of the thred
Just run the patched Terraria.exe, it has tModLoader inside of it.

is there a way to have swords shoot out projectiles and make guns in this or will that be in a later update?
It is currently possible to shoot vanilla projectiles by modifying item.shoot and item.shootSpeed in SetDefaults. However, custom projectiles will be in a later update.

Back
Top Bottom