Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Oh, I misunderstood then.
Well anyways i tried to do it again but when i removed the original terraria and replaced it with the modded version it said Failed to launch game (Unknown error) should i keep the executable and rename it so i can have both in or will that not do anything

@bluemagic123, I think there needs to be fixing on installing... also, how long are you gonna keep this up? If for the whole of 1.3.x.x, that would be awesome.
Yeah, that's why we're having this whole conversation; so we can try to find out a better way for installation.

If you mean how long I'm going to keep supporting tModLoader, I'll support it for as long as I have time. Depending on how long that is, it could be before the whole of 1.3.x.x, or it could even go to 1.4 or beyond. And if I ever do find that I don't have any more time, the Github is public so it would be easy for everyone else to take over.

Two things.

First, whenever I load up Terraria with the modded client, only SOME of my worlds/characters load up. So this is very annoying, because I can't use Builders Workshop to test some of my mods. Which leads to the second question.

Second, is there any way of giving yourself any item in the game without quitting the game? Or do I just have to keep quitting, and replacing my clients? Because I don't want to have to do that.

Please help! :D

Two things.

First, whenever I load up Terraria with the modded client, only SOME of my worlds/characters load up. So this is very annoying, because I can't use Builders Workshop to test some of my mods. Which leads to the second question.

Second, is there any way of giving yourself any item in the game without quitting the game? Or do I just have to keep quitting, and replacing my clients? Because I don't want to have to do that.

Please help! :D
I'm not exactly sure what you're saying. Are you creating new characters/worlds and they aren't appearing, or are you copying over vanilla characters/worlds to the tModLoader folders?

I'm not entirely sure what you're saying for the second one either. Why would you need to quit the game in order to give yourself items?

Yeah, that's why we're having this whole conversation; so we can try to find out a better way for installation.

If you mean how long I'm going to keep supporting tModLoader, I'll support it for as long as I have time. Depending on how long that is, it could be before the whole of 1.3.x.x, or it could even go to 1.4 or beyond. And if I ever do find that I don't have any more time, the Github is public so it would be easy for everyone else to take over.
Cool.

I'm not exactly sure what you're saying. Are you creating new characters/worlds and they aren't appearing, or are you copying over vanilla characters/worlds to the tModLoader folders?

I'm not entirely sure what you're saying for the second one either. Why would you need to quit the game in order to give yourself items?

Okay, so, lets say I never installed tModLoader. All of my worlds are there, and they are fine. But when I install tModLoader, half of them are gone, but not deleted. They are still in the folder, and when I uninstall it and use the old terraria.exe, they are all back.. It confuses me..

And by the second one, I saw a program that gives you any item, the only downside is that you have to quit the game.

EDIT: Nevermind, I resolved the problem. I didn't realize there was a worlds folder in Documents/MyGames/Terrara/ModLoader.. :p

Okay, so, lets say I never installed tModLoader. All of my worlds are there, and they are fine. But when I install tModLoader, half of them are gone, but not deleted. They are still in the folder, and when I uninstall it and use the old terraria.exe, they are all back.. It confuses me..

And by the second one, I saw a program that gives you any item, the only downside is that you have to quit the game.
Huh, I'm wondering how tModLoader is detecting those worlds in the first place, since tModLoader uses a separate folder to store information. Did you copy the files over from your vanilla Worlds folder to your tModLoader Worlds folder?

For the second one, I'm not really sure what that program has to do with this. You could easily make a mod with a command that gives you an item with a certain ID though.

Huh, I'm wondering how tModLoader is detecting those worlds in the first place, since tModLoader uses a separate folder to store information. Did you copy the files over from your vanilla Worlds folder to your tModLoader Worlds folder?

For the second one, I'm not really sure what that program has to do with this. You could easily make a mod with a command that gives you an item with a certain ID though.
Wait.. If it isn't meant to detect the vanilla worlds.. How in the world did that happen then?? Well, that's confusing. I even checked the ModLoader worlds folder, and it doesn't even have any of the vanilla worlds in it.. o_O

Wait.. If it isn't meant to detect the vanilla worlds.. How in the world did that happen then?? Well, that's confusing. I even checked the ModLoader worlds folder, and it doesn't even have any of the vanilla worlds in it.. o_O
What makes this even weirder is that no one else so far has mentioned this happening. Hm... if you create a new world, which folder does it end up in?

What makes this even weirder is that no one else so far has mentioned this happening. Hm... if you create a new world, which folder does it end up in?
Okay, if I create a new world, it ends up in the tModLoader world folder. So that's, less confusing.. Still very strange..

Okay, if I create a new world, it ends up in the tModLoader world folder. So that's, less confusing.. Still very strange..
Alright, now create a new world in vanilla. Does it end up being playable from tModLoader? If so, then play it and make some changes like mining dirt blocks or placing wood or something. Then go back to vanilla; are the changes still there?

Alright, now create a new world in vanilla. Does it end up being playable from tModLoader? If so, then play it and make some changes like mining dirt blocks or placing wood or something. Then go back to vanilla; are the changes still there?
Okay, nope! That doesn't appear in my tModLoader world.

EDIT: just realized, one of my worlds disappeared from tModLoader. One of the worlds that are ACTUALLY in the ModLoader World folder.

o_O

Hey, bluemagic, I found a very STRANGE bug. Whenever I say recipe.AddTile(ItemID.WorkBench); it is meant to make the item crafted at a workbench, correct? But I checked the guide, (by guide I mean the NPC) and he said it was crafted at a present even though I said to craft it at a workbench in the code. This confused me VERY much.. I got it working by using the actual ID number, (18).

Back
Top Bottom