Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Okay so I'm trying to make a weapon that is like the Death Sickle.

My question is if there is anything I need to do in the SetDefaults method to make it imitate the Death Sickle?
This is what I have so far :

Code:
public override void SetDefaults()
        {
            item.name = "Blood Scythe";
            item.toolTip = "Even Scythe's are afraid of this Scythe...";
            item.ranged = true;
            item.rare = 10;
            item.autoReuse = true;
            item.holdStyle = 1;
            item.damage = 160;
            item.crit = 25;
            item.height = 40;
            item.width = 40;
            item.value = Item.sellPrice(100, 0, 0, 0);
            item.noMelee = true;
            item.useStyle = 1;
            item.useSound = 1;
            item.useAnimation = 4;
            item.useTime = 15;
            item.shoot = mod.ProjectileType("DeathSickle");
            item.knockBack = 6;
        }

I've searched through the properties and virtual functions and couldn't find much that would help but maybe I just overlooked something like a dumb dumb
This is the SetDefaults of your item. The (probably) most important things to copy an already existing projectile would find place in your ModProjectile class. Could you show that?

This is the SetDefaults of your item. The (probably) most important things to copy an already existing projectile would find place in your ModProjectile class. Could you show that?

Here is the code for my modprojectile class. This is the SetDefaults of it, the other methods are just accessors.

Code:
        {
            projectile.name = "BloodSickle";
            projectile.aiStyle = 18;
            projectile.width = 40;
            projectile.height = 40;
            projectile.alpha = 255;
            projectile.timeLeft = 600;
            projectile.penetrate = -1;
            projectile.hostile = true;
            projectile.magic = true;
            projectile.tileCollide = false;
            projectile.ignoreWater = true;

}

Here is the code for my modprojectile class. This is the SetDefaults of it, the other methods are just accessors.

Code:
        {
            projectile.name = "BloodSickle";
            projectile.aiStyle = 18;
            projectile.width = 40;
            projectile.height = 40;
            projectile.alpha = 255;
            projectile.timeLeft = 600;
            projectile.penetrate = -1;
            projectile.hostile = true;
            projectile.magic = true;
            projectile.tileCollide = false;
            projectile.ignoreWater = true;

}
If you want to exactly copy the DeathSickle, you'll want to add 'aiType = 274;' to your SetDefaults function ;)

i dont understand how to update to tmodloader v0.7. can someone help me?
edit: oh i just realized that someone just asked that. allow me to rephrase: do i have to uninstall 0.6 first?
[DOUBLEPOST=1452802361,1452802171][/DOUBLEPOST]
-Add hooks for biomes
just saw this. thank you so much :happy:

Last edited:
i dont understand how to update to tmodloader v0.7. can someone help me?
edit: oh i just realized that someone just asked that. allow me to rephrase: do i have to uninstall 0.6 first?
[DOUBLEPOST=1452802361,1452802171][/DOUBLEPOST]
just saw this. thank you so much :happy:
Just take the zip, and if you read the Readme, you'll see that you'll need to put ALL the files (except the readme) into your Terraria steam folder, no uninstalling required ;)

btw in the readme.txt it says i can backup my
Just take the zip, and if you read the Readme, you'll see that you'll need to put ALL the files (except the readme) into your Terraria steam folder, no uninstalling required ;)
all right. thanks.
p.s. i did read the readme btw.

I can't seem to find a list of all of the SetDefaults for items. They are probably in the wiki, but I'm also probably just rather dumb and I'm looking in all the wrong places. Could someone help with that?

I added a description.txt but when I publish my mod it tells me to add one, and I checked the browser and it was not there. It was working before I changed the description in my update.

Attachments

• description.txt
    59 bytes · Views: 133
With tModloader v.7, I cannot find the installer program. It says it'll be in my Terraria Steam folder, but it isn't. Please help ;_;

I can't seem to find a list of all of the SetDefaults for items. They are probably in the wiki, but I'm also probably just rather dumb and I'm looking in all the wrong places. Could someone help with that?
https://github.com/bluemagic123/tModLoader/wiki/Vanilla-Item-Field-Values

I added a description.txt but when I publish my mod it tells me to add one, and I checked the browser and it was not there. It was working before I changed the description in my update.
Which mod? Can you show me Network Error.txt?

Well whatever it is I'm doing it must all be wrong so I'll go over it: I unzip the file, more all contents to my Terraria steam folder, run tModReader, run Terraria (Doing this isn't getting me the modded stuff so what am I failing to do here.
You don't need tModReader, at least for what I think you are trying to do.

You just want to run mods, right? When you run terraria, you should see: tModLoader v0.7 in the bottom left, right? You can download mods from the Mod Browser option.

With tModloader v.7, I cannot find the installer program. It says it'll be in my Terraria Steam folder, but it isn't. Please help ;_;
There is no installer anymore for v0.7. You have a .zip file if all is right. Open that up and copy all its contents right into your Terraria Steam folder.

There is no installer, you literally just drag and drop the files from the zip into the folder it tells you to, then you can run it.

There is no installer anymore for v0.7. You have a .zip file if all is right. Open that up and copy all its contents right into your Terraria Steam folder.
I tried that but it didn't work. I'll try again
[DOUBLEPOST=1452810100,1452809834][/DOUBLEPOST]
I tried it. It does nothing. I copied all files from the .zip into my Terraria Steam folder. It does nothing

I tried that but it didn't work. I'll try again
[DOUBLEPOST=1452810100,1452809834][/DOUBLEPOST]
I tried it. It does nothing. I copied all files from the .zip into my Terraria Steam folder. It does nothing
I'm afraid we can't work with 'it does nothing'. Could you try to explain in more detail what is happening? Does the wrong Terraria start? Don't your mods work?

I'm afraid we can't work with 'it does nothing'. Could you try to explain in more detail what is happening? Does the wrong Terraria start? Don't your mods work?
Ohhhh. I figured it out xD. Sorry for the trouble. All I had to do was use the other Terraria in the .zip. It didn't copy so I forgot about it. Thanks anyways

Back
Top Bottom