Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Ok Thx. I made sure that the internal name and the name of the picture were the same, but I still kept getting the same error.
Make sure your mod isn't a double-folder inside the Mod Sources folder. (For example, it should be "Mod Sources/Mod Name/Other stuff", not "Mod Sources/Mod Name/Mod Name/Other stuff".) Also make sure that your class's namespace is ModName.Items.Weapons.

Make sure your mod isn't a double-folder inside the Mod Sources folder. (For example, it should be "Mod Sources/Mod Name/Other stuff", not "Mod Sources/Mod Name/Mod Name/Other stuff".) Also make sure that your class's namespace is ModName.Items.Weapons.
I did both of these things, and the error still appears!

How could I add tMod loader to my steam terraria, but still keep my current characters and worlds? Im on a mac btw

By this i mean where can i find my character saves and stuff? i think i accidently found it before, but i cant seem to find it anymore

How could I add tMod loader to my steam terraria, but still keep my current characters and worlds? Im on a mac btw

By this i mean where can i find my character saves and stuff? i think i accidently found it before, but i cant seem to find it anymore
Dunno if its the same on mac, but on windows you go to documents > my games > terraria

I'll check it.

Edit:
Thankyou very much! I found an approximate location with a character i made just today, and then realised that i had put my other characters and worlds on the cloud so thats why they didnt show up, but i've taken them off now and can back them up!!

Screenshot of the folder?
Capture.PNG

Your error: Missing texture Test/Items/Weapons/TestWeapon
And you show us a folder structure that begins with 'Mod' (but it's looking for a folder named Test??). Then it says it's looking for 'TestWeapon.png', but it can't find that, because your filenames are different.
Could you show us the item code, please?

item.potion = true;
item.healLife = #;
item.healMana =#;
item.buffType = <name>;
item.buffTime = #;
(those are the most commonly related things used for potions in the SetDefaults() )
Make sure you have both the internal name in .cs and the image name the same. Also make sure the filepath is correct and the image is in that path's destination.
That worked, thanks :D

I have two new questions, though: First off, how do I change the speed at which a weapon swings? Previous experiences, knowledge and basic common sense all tell me it is the useTime stat, but it doesnt seem to change anything when I adjust it. The weapon I'm talking about is a hammer, if that changes anything.
Secondly, is there a way to completely replace an existing vanilla item with a modded one? Like, just change it every time it drops or enters the player's inventory, or whatever.

That worked, thanks :D

I have two new questions, though: First off, how do I change the speed at which a weapon swings? Previous experiences, knowledge and basic common sense all tell me it is the useTime stat, but it doesnt seem to change anything when I adjust it. The weapon I'm talking about is a hammer, if that changes anything.
Secondly, is there a way to completely replace an existing vanilla item with a modded one? Like, just change it every time it drops or enters the player's inventory, or whatever.
You'll want to change the value of 'item.useAnimation' for that. While useTime DOES influence the ratio at which the item can be used, useAnimation will make it animate faster/slower (example: vanilla Clockwork Rifle has a useAnimation of 12 and a useTime of 4, because of which it will shoot 3 bullets with one use (12 / 4 = 3)).

That should be possible yeah. What you can do is make a class that derives from GlobalItem and in the SetDefaults function check the item type. If the items type is the one you want to replace, you can probably just call item.SetDefaults(mod.ItemType("MyModItem));

Hope this works for ya ;)

Back
Top Bottom