[1.4.0.5 Linux]: Server No longer prompting for password

x0rsw1tch

Terrarian
Not sure if this is intentional, is the client saving passwords now? My 1.4.0.5 world on the server stopped asking for the server password since upgrading last night, everything else is working as intended.

My configuration is as follows (sensitive information asterisk'd)

EDIT: Clarification. The clients can still connect, but doesn't ask for a password.

Code:
maxplayers=10
port=*****
password=***********
motd=WELCOME TO DIE!!!!1111111
world=/opt/terraria/Worlds/Canyon_of_the_Pandemic.wld
worldpath=/opt/terraria/Worlds/
autocreate=2
difficulty=2
worldname=Canyon of the Pandemic
banlist=banlist.txt
secure=0
upnp=0
npcstream=60
priority=1
create

This is the script that starts the server:

Code:
screen -S TerrariaCanyon /opt/terraria/TerrariaServer -config server-canyon.txt

Last edited:
Tested on my side, all worlds prompted for passwords on 1.4.0.4, just updated to 1.4.0.5 and now none of them do.
This is really bad design if it is intended, I really do not want anyone else then who I invite to join my servers :/

Tested on my side, all worlds prompted for passwords on 1.4.0.4, just updated to 1.4.0.5 and now none of them do.
This is really bad design if it is intended, I really do not want anyone else then who I invite to join my servers :/

The only thing that came to mind is that there was some new undocumented feature where the client was saving passwords. At least we know it's not something on our end!

Yup, 1.4.0.5 server is messed up. It's not reading certain of the config lines. (#CertainLinesMatter) I saw the same thing with not being asked for a password, on top of that the autocreate=3 and difficulty=2 are being ignored. world=, worldname=,worldpath=,motd=,worldrollbackstokeep= seem to be working.

[Edit: I'm on Windows, not linux.]

Last edited:
There is a bug report about it in the 1.4 bugreport subforum. IIRC workaround was said to specify everything as commandline parameters instead, or interactively via the console seems to work too.

This specific problem is resolved for me in the 1.4.1.1 update. I did not have time to test it in 1.4.1.0. I still have problem creating a new world with the serverconfig file but I'll go see if I can find a thread for that.

Back
Top Bottom