Standalone [1.4.0.5] Terraria Leveled RPG mod

Alright I'm Gonna Tell you how i got this to work Step by Step i already got it working on my end but i'm gonna break it again.

(Note : you should already have Leveled installed in the Terraria Directory)

1. I will "Validate my Steam Files and reinstall Vanilla to bring it back to 1.3.5.2. As shown below

11spbv8.jpg

From here if i was to run Tmodloader or Terraria Leveled the following Errors will occur.

5nlxlw.jpg

---------------------------

2. Then i Download this file on to my desktop.

https://github.com/bluemagic123/tMo...tModLoader.Windows.v0.9.2.3-for-v1.3.5-v2.zip

From here i click and open the RAR File i downloaded and Rename the "Terraria.Exe" to "Tmodloader.Exe" to Prevent it from Overwriting the Vanilla "Terraria.Exe"
And it should look like the image below after the rename.

(NOTE : Makes SURE you put .EXE at the end of the name so it would be "Tmodloader.Exe" NOT "Tmodloader" otherwise it will just turn into a file and not a Executable)

vSX65B5.png

--------

3. Then I Drag and Drop all the Files from the Rar To My Steam Terraria Folder and it will look something like this...Rewrite everything if it asks.. and your terraria folder should look something like this in the image below.

u2cE3t8.png

And lastly i go into Steam and Create Shortcuts for Tmodloader and Leveled Adding them as a "Non-Steam Game".

From there both will work and you can now play Tmodloader and Leveled all at the same time. but by do so you will lose the ability to play vanilla 1.3.5.2+

Last edited:
Hey there,

From what I've noticed, the latest version of the server bundled with this mod enforces a dependency on NATUPNPLib, effectively making it impossible to run any version of it on a non-Windows system without the use of yet another abstraction layer, such as Wine. Now, as we all know, Wine is still, as of 2017, an absolute necessity for a Linux gamer, it isn't however nearly as popular in the case of Linux game servers, especially when its installation process involves tricky headless wine-mono configuration.

Due to the above, and especially the fact that I couldn't get my wine-mono configuration right, I have forcibly ripped the NATUPNPLib dependency out of the server, and, having confirmed that it apparently seems to run right, or at least better than the original, I am hereby sharing it with the community.

<link removed by staff>

Now, I hope that this sort of contribution is welcome, for I have no time to fiddle with licenses right now, so in the case a passphrase is needed, lolwhatnewb should work, and in the case it isn't nearly as welcome as I'd love it to be... It's just a pseudorandom, unexecutable combination of zeros and ones, m'kay? :)

Many thanks to anyone involved in the making of this great mod!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there,

From what I've noticed, the latest version of the server bundled with this mod enforces a dependency on NATUPNPLib, effectively making it impossible to run any version of it on a non-Windows system without the use of yet another abstraction layer, such as Wine. Now, as we all know, Wine is still, as of 2017, an absolute necessity for a Linux gamer, it isn't however nearly as popular in the case of Linux game servers, especially when its installation process involves tricky headless wine-mono configuration.

Due to the above, and especially the fact that I couldn't get my wine-mono configuration right, I have forcibly ripped the NATUPNPLib dependency out of the server, and, having confirmed that it apparently seems to run right, or at least better than the original, I am hereby sharing it with the community.

<link removed by staff>

Now, I hope that this sort of contribution is welcome, for I have no time to fiddle with licenses right now, so in the case a passphrase is needed, lolwhatnewb should work, and in the case it isn't nearly as welcome as I'd love it to be... It's just a pseudorandom, unexecutable combination of zeros and ones, m'kay? :)

Many thanks to anyone involved in the making of this great mod!
Why do you say weird thing? there is no preblem,and why we would download a random file nmed "server.7z" no really

Last edited by a moderator:
@Tunnel King , Thank You for reacting kindly and for the advice. I will try to contact @gotest about it, it might however take some time until the issue is officially fixed, and that's why I have decided to publish my version. Furthermore, I may only hope that this dependency issue is simply a mistake on someone's end, since if that's not the case, only the modified versions are going to work with pure Mono, and I don't think .NET assembly modification tutorials are welcome here.

@[FR] Aymerhic , please try the following steps to reproduce the issue that I am getting:
1. Get access to a Linux machine, and ensure that Mono is installed on it.
2. Download the official Terraria 1.3.4.4 server package, and unzip the Linux folder somewhere. If You're running Mono version higher than 4.0.5 (You may check that running the command mono --version in the console), copy all the .dll files from Your Steam version of Terraria into the Linux folder, agreeing to override the files found in there.
3. Download the official Linux version of Terraria Leveled, and unzip Terraria Leveled Server.exe into the Linux folder.
4. Run the command mono "Terraria Leveled Server.exe" while inside the Linux folder. A lot of spam and it doesn't work? You see, thing is it actually does work at this step with my version of the server.
Now, if the question You're going to ask after reading the above is "wait whats linux", there goes the problem with Your reasoning. On the other hand, if the question is "ok but why linux my windows is fine", I recommend looking again at the prices of Windows Server licenses, as well as those of Windows-supporting KVM Virtual Private Servers.

I actually recommend doing the above and permanently moving to Linux ASAP when You have some free time, someone knowledgeable to supervise (or a good mind for tutorials - I used to mess up many times while installing Linux) and spare disk space, since it's a great learning experience, plus it might keep a great amount of the money spent on Windows and programs for it in Your wallet if You decide to keep using Linux.

hmmm... hi guys, i just discovered a way to have both files (updated terraria vanilla) and leveled to run into the computer whiutout having to download or redownload stuff, just by messing whit a ton of folders stuff.

but i dont know how to insert pictures (and a precise point on my screen.) can anyone tell me?

im trying to telling some of my friends how to do it but whitout pictures its very hard to do so. how do i save pictures of my computer and select a precise spot on them? i dont know for sure

hmmm... hi guys, i just discovered a way to have both files (updated terraria vanilla) and leveled to run into the computer whiutout having to download or redownload stuff, just by messing whit a ton of folders stuff.

but i dont know how to insert pictures (and a precise point on my screen.) can anyone tell me?

im trying to telling some of my friends how to do it but whitout pictures its very hard to do so. how do i save pictures of my computer and select a precise spot on them? i dont know for sure
personally i just made a copy of my terraria 1.3.4.4 modded folder and i added the launcher of each mod in steam via the command "add non steam game" and it work for me

help it says:
CSteamworks.dll or steam_api.dll is missing.
i do own terraria on steam i am logged in and i did load it from the terraria installation folder(last time i ran it worked fine if that helps)

End-game events like Martian Madness and the Lunar events seem to give very little EXP. I'm 10 levels above stuff in the Lihzahrd Temple right now and those enemies still give about 3x more experience than the martians, whose levels I'm on par with, or the pillar enemies, which are ~7-8 levels higher than me.

will be heading back into another critical playthrough of this soon with icemaniac. and ive read a few things here on the recent posts, and have one thing to say...

DO NOT MAKE IT EASIER, the challenge is perfect, its completely doable to those arguing the difficulty, moonlord on critical ill tell you right now, is a whole other story, took lots of prep and leveling up. and when i say leveling up, i mean...level 100 lol, this :red: aint easy, but thats likely because you arent high enough level for things you find 'overtuned'. After leveling up, things that seemed impossible suddenly turn easy. its all about leveling bb

Is any one else getting this really weird bug where literally every night is a blood moon? Is it a feature, a bug, or am I just super unlucky? It has happened roughly 8 times now.

I usually call it very bad luck. This is Terraria, you can have a Solar Eclipse day followed by a Blood Moon, followed by another Solar Eclipse.

(Note: Solar Eclipses increase the odds of having a Blood Moon.)

lUKEJCL.jpg

Just beat the Moon Lord on Expert, full Physique until maxed (~level 85-90) then the rest into Fortitude (If you're going to do a melee playthrough, don't be an idiot like me and go full Physique until well after Golem. Mix some Fortitude in there or you WILL struggle like I did). Here's my thoughts:

Stat flower: At first it was really confusing but now that I've gotten the hang of it, I like it much better than the old system.

Abilities: I like them a lot. I got the melee lifesteal around Plantera and it's a godsend. Between that and some other preparations I was just able to inch by on that fight. It's really strong, but not too strong.

Levels/EXP Balancing: There are some little quirks in the biome levels and EXP gains that need to be ironed out.
- The pre-hardmode Desert and the pre-hardmode Cavern should have their levels switched. Most players tend to explore the surface, including deserts, before even touching on the cavern layer, so the levels should reflect that.
- The Underground Ice should only be marginally harder than the Caverns. 1, 2 or 3 levels, not 6.
- The pre-hardmode Jungle surface should have slightly lower levels than the Corruption or Crimson. 14 is too low for what in the vanilla game is such a dangerous biome early on.
- The levels of the Ocean should be drastically reduced. Maybe slightly more than half of what it is now.
- The pre-hardmode Dungeon and the pre-hardmode Jungle should have their levels switched. Most players tend to go for the Jungle rather than the Dungeon first, since accessing the Dungeon involves beating Skeletron, who can be a hassle to kill depending on your gear.
- Hardmode snow in the day apparently has higher levels than Hardmode snow at night, which doesn't seem right.
- What I touched on in my previous post in that the end-game events, such as the Pumpkin and Frost Moons, Martian Madness, and the Lunar events give very little EXP, which makes it quite difficult to grind in the end-game. At level 99, lunar mobs were giving 60-70 EXP, while Lihzahrds and Flying Snakes, mobs which at that point are 20 levels under me, were giving 150-180 EXP. I started heavily grinding in the Lihzahrd Temple around like 82-83 and it probably took around 7-8 hours to get to level 100. That's ridiculous.

Overall, I really enjoy the mod, but that grind at the end sucked all of the energy out of me. Definitely going to do a ranged playthrough...after a short break.

Just beat the Moon Lord on Expert, full Physique until maxed (~level 85-90) then the rest into Fortitude (If you're going to do a melee playthrough, don't be an idiot like me and go full Physique until well after Golem. Mix some Fortitude in there or you WILL struggle like I did). Here's my thoughts:

Stat flower: At first it was really confusing but now that I've gotten the hang of it, I like it much better than the old system.

Abilities: I like them a lot. I got the melee lifesteal around Plantera and it's a godsend. Between that and some other preparations I was just able to inch by on that fight. It's really strong, but not too strong.

Levels/EXP Balancing: There are some little quirks in the biome levels and EXP gains that need to be ironed out.
- The pre-hardmode Desert and the pre-hardmode Cavern should have their levels switched. Most players tend to explore the surface, including deserts, before even touching on the cavern layer, so the levels should reflect that.
- The Underground Ice should only be marginally harder than the Caverns. 1, 2 or 3 levels, not 6.
- The pre-hardmode Jungle surface should have slightly lower levels than the Corruption or Crimson. 14 is too low for what in the vanilla game is such a dangerous biome early on.
- The levels of the Ocean should be drastically reduced. Maybe slightly more than half of what it is now.
- The pre-hardmode Dungeon and the pre-hardmode Jungle should have their levels switched. Most players tend to go for the Jungle rather than the Dungeon first, since accessing the Dungeon involves beating Skeletron, who can be a hassle to kill depending on your gear.
- Hardmode snow in the day apparently has higher levels than Hardmode snow at night, which doesn't seem right.
- What I touched on in my previous post in that the end-game events, such as the Pumpkin and Frost Moons, Martian Madness, and the Lunar events give very little EXP, which makes it quite difficult to grind in the end-game. At level 99, lunar mobs were giving 60-70 EXP, while Lihzahrds and Flying Snakes, mobs which at that point are 20 levels under me, were giving 150-180 EXP. I started heavily grinding in the Lihzahrd Temple around like 82-83 and it probably took around 7-8 hours to get to level 100. That's ridiculous.

Overall, I really enjoy the mod. Definitely going to do a ranged playthrough soon enough to see how that is.

Congrats on your level to 100 kiddo. Your in the big leagues now! <3 im Glad you love the mod as much as i did. There's a Few little things that need fixing but gotest and i try our best to troubleshoot these issues.

Back
Top Bottom