Standalone [1.4.0.5] Terraria Leveled RPG mod

If, when the Cultist creates a runic circle in the air and 2 clones, you only attack the copy of the cultist that's a slightly different tone, and don't damage any of the others, the cultist will never spawn the Phantasm Dragon.
ritual.jpg

In this image, you'd want to attack the topmost cultist. The true cultist can be either lighter or darker than the others.

There will only be 3 cultists the first time he does this, and every time thereafter unless you hit the wrong one. If you hit the wrong one, the phantasm dragon will spawn, and a second, intangible cultist will appear and cast spells until he does this move again. When he does the move again, there will be 5 cultists, and it will increase every successive time you get it wrong. If you get the right one, no dragon will spawn(and if you did it wrong earlier so there is already an intangible cultist one of them will disappear).

This will affect your weapon selection for the fight. Big AOEs are a no-no during this attack. If you're specced into melee, you want to use a yo-yo, preferably the eye of Cthulu that drops during a Solar Eclipse. If you're specced into Ranged, keep a Sniper Rifle from the Hardmode Dungeon on your bar and switch to it when he does this move. If you're specced into Magic, then the Heat Ray dropped from the Golem may be your best bet.

No matter what weapons you're using, you probably want the Cosmic Car Key from the Martian Invasion when fighting this guy, for the ridiculous air mobility it provides.
Based on the lighting, you may also look at their eyes. The fake ones have large eyes and the real one has the evil-looking slanted ones.

It appears to me that Shroomite Helmets are not working as intended. You don't gain any ranged stats no matter which helmet you have on, or weapon you have out.

Just to let everyone know ..Gotest will no longer be working on 1.3.0.8...as he will be Continuing to 1.3.1 when it releases

you have to have steam running in order to play it. happened to me and i couldn't figure out why until i realized that i had closed steam
But that's EXACTLY the problem. I had Steam running, I made a shortcut through Steam which means it will start Steam, but even them it goes "Nope, start it through Steam!"

But that's EXACTLY the problem. I had Steam running, I made a shortcut through Steam which means it will start Steam, but even them it goes "Nope, start it through Steam!"
try terraria gamelauncher here
it should help you with your problem, unless you are using a pirated copy of terraria.

you shouldnt ask mod devs to make their mod independant from steam, since this would mean they would support piracy since they would be offering a FREE copy of terraria which is a violation of the rules here.

try terraria gamelauncher here
it should help you with your problem, unless you are using a pirated copy of terraria.

you shouldnt ask mod devs to make their mod independant from steam, since this would mean they would support piracy since they would be offering a FREE copy of terraria which is a violation of the rules here.
I have doubts that it will help.

And no, they wouldn't be offering a free copy UNLESS all resources required to run Terraria are built in. And you know not all resources are in there. In other words, they would be working with a DRM-Free variant.

And yes, I have an original Terraria bought with my very own cash.

The best way to compare mods is to Romhacking: an IPS or XDelta has all the changes coded in it, but still requires the base material to work with. Once applied to a game image, the IPS/XDelta makes the changes.

In fact, here's another thing: XDelta patches can check if a file is valid for patching, which would help in checking if one has a modded/pirated Terraria before patching, effectively combating piracy.

Last edited:
I have doubts that it will help.

And no, they wouldn't be offering a free copy UNLESS all resources required to run Terraria are built in. And you know not all resources are in there. In other words, they would be working with a DRM-Free variant.

And yes, I have an original Terraria bought with my very own cash.
did you try it yet? if you can run vnailla terraria without any problem then use the gamelauncher. With it i am able to run any terraria exe without any prompts or even launching the launcher itself...

regarding the piracy matter.. leave it at that what i said. it has been discussed on multiple threads already... and the resources are easy to get... the only thing which keeps it legal is the steam integration when running the game... but that shouldnt matter to you at all since you have an original copy of the game.

It would open up piracy doors so that is not possible to do.
Again, creation of XDelta patch for the executable. XDelta patch requires CRC-perfect file to pass the alterations to.

While Game Launcher may work, question will be: Until when? The mod worked without Game Launcher, as well as many others, simply by being in the executable folder, so until when will Game Launcher works?

I so hope they make an official mod support for the vanilla game...

Again, creation of XDelta patch for the executable. XDelta patch requires CRC-perfect file to pass the alterations to.

While Game Launcher may work, question will be: Until when? The mod worked without Game Launcher, as well as many others, simply by being in the executable folder, so until when will Game Launcher works?

I so hope they make an official mod support for the vanilla game...

the more CRC check you add to protect a game from piracy, the less people can actually mod terraria, forcing the devs to add a modding API to the original game.
everything worked up until now, so why change anything? if you experience problems with your game, then you should check your own system at this point. for quite some time nobody complained about issues with steam requirements for this mod, except of you.
sorry to put it this way, but i just had to say it.

if Re-Logic add an official mod API for terraria, then ofc it would be great. But yet again, it would also mean maintaining the whole API with each version of Terraria, thus more work for the devs. (also more reasons for players, who have no idea how annoying such work can be at times, to complain about bugged stuff and demanding a fix every day...)

If, when the Cultist creates a runic circle in the air and 2 clones, you only attack the copy of the cultist that's a slightly different tone, and don't damage any of the others, the cultist will never spawn the Phantasm Dragon.
ritual.jpg

In this image, you'd want to attack the topmost cultist. The true cultist can be either lighter or darker than the others.

There will only be 3 cultists the first time he does this, and every time thereafter unless you hit the wrong one. If you hit the wrong one, the phantasm dragon will spawn, and a second, intangible cultist will appear and cast spells until he does this move again. When he does the move again, there will be 5 cultists, and it will increase every successive time you get it wrong. If you get the right one, no dragon will spawn(and if you did it wrong earlier so there is already an intangible cultist one of them will disappear).

This will affect your weapon selection for the fight. Big AOEs are a no-no during this attack. If you're specced into melee, you want to use a yo-yo, preferably the eye of Cthulu that drops during a Solar Eclipse. If you're specced into Ranged, keep a Sniper Rifle from the Hardmode Dungeon on your bar and switch to it when he does this move. If you're specced into Magic, then the Heat Ray dropped from the Golem may be your best bet.

No matter what weapons you're using, you probably want the Cosmic Car Key from the Martian Invasion when fighting this guy, for the ridiculous air mobility it provides.
Thanks, that worked, I barely managed using a bad arena I had set up.

the more CRC check you add to protect a game from piracy, the less people can actually mod terraria, forcing the devs to add a modding API to the original game.
everything worked up until now, so why change anything? if you experience problems with your game, then you should check your own system at this point. for quite some time nobody complained about issues with steam requirements for this mod, except of you.
sorry to put it this way, but i just had to say it.
You didn't get what I mean, right?

What I mean is: The modders make an XDelta patch instead of including a modded executable. That way they could create a steamless XDelta patch, but it would still require a clean version of the Steam executable to apply to.

Thanks, that worked, I barely managed using a bad arena I had set up.
I've only used MegaShark, Infinite Bullet and UFO Mount. Takes forever, but works. And also made sure to be either really good at dodging or have a LOT of Greater Potions and the highest defense gear you can find.

Last edited:
Okay, okay. I'll be honest with the XDelta patch part, and say it won't really get discussed far since we can't just say "Oh okay, I guess we can do that.", since we are just members. Gotta discuss this with someone in a higher authority(Staff, or Developer), to have that allowed as a possibility.

But as it stands, it probably won't even get implemented as of right now. Might be able to talk with someone developing the next update for this, and make that the window to implement that in for people that actually paid for the mod, but got the short end of the stick. I don't like it as much as you do for this, but even so, that might require total rescripting depending on the severity of XDelta.

Either way, I'm not remembering XDelta at all, so I can't really talk much about it.

Ps. I did mentioned the staff part twice by accident, so don't get too particular in that section

Hey I don't have any enemy lifebar indicators anywhere. I changed the options over to KH2 style enemy info window, but nothing is there.

Hey I don't have any enemy lifebar indicators anywhere. I changed the options over to KH2 style enemy info window, but nothing is there.

Gain some more levels first, and then learn "Status" from the skills menu. It should be the first skill that you can learn.

Back
Top Bottom