**REPORTED** [1.4.1] Unable to change bindings while having multiple inputs, soft-locking the game

Kenielf

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
While in game, in a world, when I attempt to change bindings to mouse4 and mouse5 I am able to change it, but it goes automatically to input "Kanji" ("Quick Heal: Kanji" is what I mean), the mouse control then stops working, I become unable to click on anything, and alt tabbing does not help.

It seems to be going into the Kanji thing even when my Japanese Input in Windows isn't active, when playing games I only use the ABNT2 Layout in the English Language, the only way to get back to the game is by killing the task, invalidating the input change, therefore it is impossible to change input

EDIT: Added a screenshot showing the Kanji thing I said prior

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-13 151211.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-13 151211.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 82
Hi there - thank you for the report!
I sadly have trouble replicating this bug - which is to say, mouse4 and mouse5 bind properly for me, but after some digging we found out that this may be an issue with XNA whenever a Japanese IME is available.
This issue will be fixed in the upcoming hotfix update - in the meantime, you can head to your terraria's Documents/My Games/Terraria folder, and edit input profiles.json to the keybindings you'd like to use.

Hi there - thank you for the report!
I sadly have trouble replicating this bug - which is to say, mouse4 and mouse5 bind properly for me, but after some digging we found out that this may be an issue with XNA whenever a Japanese IME is available.
This issue will be fixed in the upcoming hotfix update - in the meantime, you can head to your terraria's Documents/My Games/Terraria folder, and edit input profiles.json to the keybindings you'd like to use.
Thanks a lot! Glad to see the issue is able to get fixed, will change the bindings in the file asap.

Back
Top Bottom