Mobile [1.4.3] Compatibility with Android 11

Icxx

Terrarian
Hello, whenever the subject was brought to the forum about Android 11/Terraria Mobile compatibility, they always said that the situation should be resolved when the update arrived, but today that the update has arrived, I still face the same difficulties in installing, it makes me very upset and I would like resolutions instead of the mantra of waiting for the next update, which by the way should take even longer as one arrived recently.

Hello, whenever the subject was brought to the forum about Android 11/Terraria Mobile compatibility, they always said that the situation should be resolved when the update arrived, but today that the update has arrived, I still face the same difficulties in installing, it makes me very upset and I would like resolutions instead of the mantra of waiting for the next update, which by the way should take even longer as one arrived recently.
Hi there @Icxx, this certainly does sound frustrating, and I can understand your thoughts on it. I don't want to offer empty platitudes, but I do know that the mobile development team is looking into it. It doesn't affect everyone with Android 11 so it wasn't like it was an issue that just wasn't done. I believe the team is trying to look into why it is affecting some players' devices, but not all of them.

Any additional info that you give can help lead them in the right direction, such as when did you upgrade to Android 11, did you upgrade from 10 to 11, or was it an older version that got updated to 11.

I have the same problem since 2021 my cell phone, which is a Samsung A01 that is on android 11 and will be updated to Android 12 in July, has the same problem of not installing on my cell phone.I'll try to see if formatting the phone will solve the problem

I have the same problem since 2021 my cell phone, which is a Samsung A01 that is on android 11 and will be updated to Android 12 in July, has the same problem of not installing on my cell phone.I'll try to see if formatting the phone will solve the problem
I have the same problem, on Samsung Galaxy A21s on android 11
Thanks for sharing your device info @João Vitor terrariano and @pintinho0. If you have extra info such as when did you update to Android 11, and from what version that could be helpful.

Hi there @Icxx, this certainly does sound frustrating, and I can understand your thoughts on it. I don't want to offer empty platitudes, but I do know that the mobile development team is looking into it. It doesn't affect everyone with Android 11 so it wasn't like it was an issue that just wasn't done. I believe the team is trying to look into why it is affecting some players' devices, but not all of them.

Any additional info that you give can help lead them in the right direction, such as when did you upgrade to Android 11, did you upgrade from 10 to 11, or was it an older version that got updated to 11.
Good night, thanks for speaking up, i updated my phone in June 16, 2021 from Android 10 to Android 11 (Software RPL31.Q2-63-10-2).
I patiently wait for the problem to be fixed, I miss playing Terraria.

Good night, thanks for speaking up, i updated my phone in June 16, 2021 from Android 10 to Android 11 (Software RPL31.Q2-63-10-2).
I patiently wait for the problem to be fixed, I miss playing Terraria.
Thanks for the extra info @Icxx. I hope that it is fixed for you, and others that are having this issue, as well.

I have the same problem on Redmi 9, it's been a year since I bought the game and until today I couldn't play because of this bug.

Thanks for the extra info @Icxx. I hope that it is fixed for you, and others that are having this issue, as well.
Hello, I think finding out the real reason terraria still doesn't run on android 11, in the image on the Samsung website it says when my cell phone received the update to android 11, since terraria I don't know if it had it or not, I don't know prepared the files from the game's data folder because in android 11 the architecture of the folder data and obb changed, with that when I finished updating my cell phone the terraria disappeared from my cell phone.
Then when I went to do a virus scan on my cell phone it is listing a hidden app with the name of "com.and.game505.TerrariaPaid" then I discovered that it was with a game installed on the cell phone but I can't open it, to give up from what I was seeing, you will have to format the cell phone or download a program on the pc that can remove and uninstall this. If you need any more information contrhire me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220428-194638_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20220428-194638_Device care.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot_20220428-194700_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220428-194700_Chrome.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Hello, I think finding out the real reason terraria still doesn't run on android 11, in the image on the Samsung website it says when my cell phone received the update to android 11, since terraria I don't know if it had it or not, I don't know prepared the files from the game's data folder because in android 11 the architecture of the Basta data and obb changed, with that when I finished updating my cell phone the terraria disappeared from my cell phone.
Then when I went to do a virus scan on my cell phone it is listing a hidden app with the name of "com.and.game505.TerrariaPaid" then I discovered that it was with a game installed on the cell phone but I can't open it, to give up from what I was seeing, you will have to format the cell phone or download a program on the pc that can remove and uninstall this. If you need any more information contrhire me.
Thanks for the extra info @João Vitor terrariano

I know this has been a while but I'm having the same problem is it because I have a unlocked bootloader I do have PC version but I want to play mobile version so I can play it on the go

i wonder if this might be due to a corrupted, yet not uninstalled, install of the game.

can't uninstall because the os doesn't recognize it, can't install because the app is already installed... i wonder if doing some adb shenanigans to yeet the app thoroughly would help.

EDIT: This might also be why the update would be supposed to help -- since it's an update, it could override the existing, corrupted install... assuming it's not so far gone for this to not help.

Back
Top Bottom