**REPORTED** [1.4.3] [Mobile] Worlds with apostrophes can’t be favorited

JacobWalrath

Terrarian
Your Terraria Device
iPhone 7
Mobile OS
iOS 15.3.1
One of my worlds gets unfavorited every time I exit the game. I recreated a world with the same name but without the apostrophe and like I expected, it could be favorited.

That's really weird, as the .json formatting shouldn't be affected by apostrophes, maybe mobile uses a different document format but it really shouldn't be an issue. I found another post about special characters like é being replaced by «?» in the json file for version 1.4.0.5 on pc, so it might be something along those lines. probably worth making a bug report

That's really weird, as the .json formatting shouldn't be affected by apostrophes, maybe mobile uses a different document format but it really shouldn't be an issue. I found another post about special characters like é being replaced by «?» in the json file for version 1.4.0.5 on pc, so it might be something along those lines. probably worth making a bug report
Stupid question, but isn’t this the bug report? If not, where do I go for bug reports?

One of my worlds gets unfavorited every time I exit the game. I recreated a world with the same name but without the apostrophe and like I expected, it could be favorited.
Thanks for the report @JacobWalrath. I was able to reproduce the bug and have passed it along to the dev team.

Oddly, even after the new update where you can change the name of the world, the problem still occurs, which means that it might be a whole other problem or somehow the original name is still connected to the world somehow?

Oddly, even after the new update where you can change the name of the world, the problem still occurs, which means that it might be a whole other problem or somehow the original name is still connected to the world somehow?
You’re right @JacobWalrath - I thought that I had tested it out and it was working after the update, but I just tried it again and I see that after you close the app, the world with an apostrophe is no longer favorited. Hopefully they’ll be able to get to it soon. With 5 different platforms releasing at the same time, it might’ve been something that had to wait until later.

Finally found the solution by going into the IOS files. When the world names get renamed in the game, they don’t get renamed through the actual file so the file name still had the original name and therefore, still had the apostrophe.

Back
Top Bottom