Mobile [1.4.3] No sweeping edge, weird hitboxes, and glitched spawns.

Your Terraria Device
iPad Pro 11 inch, model 2018
Mobile OS
iOS 15.4.1
This recent update seem to have some major game-changing bugs that needs to be fixed ASAP, (I’m sure you are aware of some of those):

- Some entities (usually slimes) would spawn slightly underground on solid blocks, and stay stuck there. That needs to be fixed.

- But the more important bug is the lack of sweeping edge. Before 1.4.3, with one long sword you could damage like 20 entities within its range, but now it only damages one at a time! Which is really game-nerfing (like how would you manage to properly defeat 40 clustered creepers of the cthulhu?). However, the sweeping edge still works on target dummies. And it seems like the bug affects all weapons (haven’t tried magic weapons though).

- I don’t know if it’s cause of a smaller hitbox or the bugged attacks as mentioned above; but entities hitboxes feel smaller or slightly misplaced, because some direct hits are dismissed (doesn’t count).

(to me, this bug is genuinely a high priority. sorry if it’s misleading)

This recent update seem to have some major game-changing bugs that needs to be fixed ASAP, (I’m sure you are aware of some of those):

- Some entities (usually slimes) would spawn slightly underground on solid blocks, and stay stuck there. That needs to be fixed.

- But the more important bug is the lack of sweeping edge. Before 1.4.3, with one long sword you could damage like 20 entities within its range, but now it only damages one at a time! Which is really game-nerfing (like how would you manage to properly defeat 40 clustered creepers of the cthulhu?). However, the sweeping edge still works on target dummies. And it seems like the bug affects all weapons (haven’t tried magic weapons though).

- I don’t know if it’s cause of a smaller hitbox or the bugged attacks as mentioned above; but entities hitboxes feel smaller or slightly misplaced, because some direct hits are dismissed (doesn’t count).

(to me, this bug is genuinely a high priority. sorry if it’s misleading)
Hi @CrownedBird6422 welcome to the forums, and thanks for taking the time to report. :)

Slimes
Sometimes that’s just how slimes show up, they get stuck in blocks sometimes. They do it on PC too, so unless you’re seeing an extreme case that you can 100% reproduce, it’s not something to fix.

“Sweeping Edge”
Can you give a specific example of the issue? Which sword do you think should be hitting more enemies. From what I’m experiencing, swords are acting the same as before.

Smaller Hitbox
Is there a specific enemy that you're seeing has a smaller or off center hit box? Anything that you can get on a video to help illustrate the issue? There seems to be some issue with the spinal tap whip, but other than that I haven’t noticed any issue with hit boxes.

Hi @CrownedBird6422 welcome to the forums, and thanks for taking the time to report. :)

Slimes
Sometimes that’s just how slimes show up, they get stuck in blocks sometimes. They do it on PC too, so unless you’re seeing an extreme case that you can 100% reproduce, it’s not something to fix.

“Sweeping Edge”
Can you give a specific example of the issue? Which sword do you think should be hitting more enemies. From what I’m experiencing, swords are acting the same as before.

Smaller Hitbox
Is there a specific enemy that you're seeing has a smaller or off center hit box? Anything that you can get on a video to help illustrate the issue? There seems to be some issue with the spinal tap whip, but other than that I haven’t noticed any issue with hit boxes.
Hello! I guess I’m fine with slimes then, but about the “sweeping edge” and hitboxes: I made a video showcasing them as you suggested:
(the video is unlisted).

In the video, I showed the weird hitboxes first (how most of the hits did not count). Then the sweeping edge with the katana, although the katana may be a “unique” feature of it (idk), it doesn’t appear to be with the target dummies. [The bugs happened when I was in survival mode too, it has nothing to do with being godmode]. And you are right, sweeping edge apparently worked with the majority of weapons, it’s maybe perhaps the “weird hitbox” that led me to thinking it’s the sweeping edge again..

Honestly, the reason I’m here cause I really felt there’s something wrong (with combat) after updating, whether it is an intentional change to match PC, or a straight up bug.. but I wouldn’t be here otherwise (being delusional, etc..). I hope the video sort of helped what I’m trying to explain :)

Hello! I guess I’m fine with slimes then, but about the “sweeping edge” and hitboxes: I made a video showcasing them as you suggested:
(the video is unlisted).

In the video, I showed the weird hitboxes first (how most of the hits did not count). Then the sweeping edge with the katana, although the katana may be a “unique” feature of it (idk), it doesn’t appear to be with the target dummies. [The bugs happened when I was in survival mode too, it has nothing to do with being godmode]. And you are right, sweeping edge apparently worked with the majority of weapons, it’s maybe perhaps the “weird hitbox” that led me to thinking it’s the sweeping edge again..

Honestly, the reason I’m here cause I really felt there’s something wrong (with combat) after updating, whether it is an intentional change to match PC, or a straight up bug.. but I wouldn’t be here otherwise (being delusional, etc..). I hope the video sort of helped what I’m trying to explain :)
Thanks for the video @CrownedBird6422 that helps a ton. It looks like what’s happening is something I’ve seen another player report as well - that the weapon isn’t hurting the slime unless the slime moves. When the slime is up against the block and unmoving, the weapon does no damage, and that does seem like a bug. Thanks!

Gracias por el video @CrownedBird6422 que ayuda muchísimo. Parece que lo que está sucediendo es algo que también he visto informar a otro jugador: que el arma no daña la baba a menos que la baba se mueva. Cuando el limo está contra el bloque y no se mueve, el arma no hace daño, y eso parece un error. ¡Gracias!
al igual que las armas, las invocaciones no suelen hacer dano a las criaturas, a menos que se encuentren en movimiento

Back
Top Bottom