[1.4.4.9] TerrariaPatcher (plugins and more!)

@Fufulog You can already use an option in the itemprefix plugin to make items stack reforges.

Just tested it several times on a tungsten short sword.
It does not stack reforges, only when the actual command /prefix is done. Its even in the code.

Code:
if (args[0] == "keep")
            {
                keepStats = !keepStats;
                Main.NewText("Using /prefix will now " + (keepStats ? "keep" : "reset") + " existing stats.");
                return true;
            }

Hm, if you were able to stack reforges it would keep the negative ones too, and if you only keep the good ones might as well use the option for best reforge.

Though if you did that, easier just to add them through the command.

Hm, if you were able to stack reforges it would keep the negative ones too, and if you only keep the good ones might as well use the option for best reforge.

Though if you did that, easier just to add them through the command.

To :red: with easiness, I want fun and the possibility of a disgustingly OP but well earned weapon. (More so if the price scales with OP ness and the negative prefixes are turned off) All of this is possible with a very slight tweak to the reforge mechanic and can be done with the existing /keep without sacrificing anything. Just two legendary prefixes and you'd be paying near platinum for the next reforge.

It would really breathe life into those super cheap (to reforge) but mid to upper mid dps items that usually get skipped entirely

The more time consuming thing id imagine is getting the weapon to keep its stats without problems on log in and out.

I would literally write the plugin myself if i understood C# or had a bit of guidance.

Since you are having trouble.. clear out the whole Terraria folder, re-download from Steam, and patch it. Its really not that complicated of a process guys.. ffs..
Step by Step:

Go to the Steam library
right click Terraria
click "Delete Local Content"
confirm deletion
Wait 2-3 minutes for it to uninstall everything
Click install
click next twice, then finish, wait 3 more minutes for it to install
Go back into TPatcher
Patch
Copy Plugins & whatever else.

Seems like an awfully annoying process to go through UNINSTALLING and removing the EXE and re-downloading it every time, especially when sometimes I'm just changing a singular setting. Couldn't there be some way to just patch an already-patched version?

I'm playing on non-steam version can someone help me with this error ?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    13 KB · Views: 370
Step by Step:

Go to the Steam library
right click Terraria
click "Delete Local Content"
confirm deletion
Wait 2-3 minutes for it to uninstall everything
Click install
click next twice, then finish, wait 3 more minutes for it to install
Go back into TPatcher
Patch
Copy Plugins & whatever else.

Seems like an awfully annoying process to go through UNINSTALLING and removing the EXE and re-downloading it every time, especially when sometimes I'm just changing a singular setting. Couldn't there be some way to just patch an already-patched version?
That process is only necessary if you messed something up. If you read the main post thoroughly then you will understand things better. Knowing when to hit 'No' to restoring the backup is essential. If you mess that up, then you'll have to do the long process of restoring your Terraria installation. If you update Terraria, you just have to re-patch without restoring the backup. Does that make sense? There are instructions included for all this stuff in the main post.

I'm playing on non-steam version can someone help me with this error ?
Non-steam version? meaning GOG?

just saying this as a suggestion.
will there be a thing where you can make a Content Folder of any Terraria Update?
that would be pretty cool.

Quick question if I change my drop rates on a server will other people see the change in their chat?
the only things the patched terraria can do involve the player if you are on any sort of server, including ones you host. so stuff like summoning npcs, events, infinite sundial, etc etc do not work. though inventory editing, stat editing and buffs work fine... can't say for sure on stat edited weapons (unless you like to carry 999 paladin hammers, but who'd do tha- nvm, i probably would), though i bet nobody, even a server, would tell if you brought 999 grenades or increased the max stack for potions... but you get the point. if it affects the world, it won't work.

@Transcend

The NPC spawn rate thing is definitely doing something wonky. With spawn rate at 100% and max spawns at 15, I get an enormous tidal wave of enemies during the final wave of the pumpkin moon event. It's spawning enemies so fast and so many that they overlap one another, and it looks like one blurry line of Pumpkings and Mourning Woods. Particles are off the charts. Without the overpoweredness of the (healing) Spectre Armor, I'd never survive. It's crazy.

I can download it just fine, it is getting it to start that is buggy. I followed all the instructions, extracted and all. It starts for half a second, gets an error, and wont start again. Anyone else have this issue? If you do, please reply. I have opened it using Admin., but it still doesn't work. Please do not reply with "I have that problem too!". It does not help in my case.

I was wondering if you could make a plugin that allows you to have infinite inventory space? or something like that. it could have pages at the bottom of the inventory screen to swap through them

I was wondering if you could make a plugin that allows you to have infinite inventory space? or something like that. it could have pages at the bottom of the inventory screen to swap through them

we were lucky that there were extra slots for accessories built into the game, but i doubt there's extra space for inventory, bank or safe.

Dosent work for the version 1.3.0.8 :(

it does, just remove any patcher based backups and get a fresh terraria.exe. also do not put the patcher in the same folder as your terraria.exe.

I'm afraid I agree with... whatever his name is.

The Terraria Patch immediately crashes the moment it starts up. So I am not sure what the issue is. The cause of the crash was caused by something called CLR20r3

Back
Top Bottom